Nelson Semedo

Calidad

You're vastly underrating Semedo here.

Bar that one bad game, He's vastly superior Roberto in 1v1 duels the most and that's crucial in away games this season. There's a good reason why Valverde has opted to use Semedo in CL away games than Roberto while Roberto is only being used as an RM for the most part.

Not really a knock on Roberto as he's suited in other ways. Valverde realized that playing Roberto in away games with teams that press with fast players can hurt us big time and it's important having Semedo on that RB in games like that.

I agree. He’s probably the best 1v1 defender at the club.

He did have a rough time against Vinicius, but so what? Are we supposed to forget that he usually neutralises the wingers he comes up against because of that one game? He’ll learn from it,

Ashley Cole was an excellent one on one defender. Yet he got absolutely roasted alive by Joaquin in a Spain-England match. It happens.

I actually think the RB position is pretty well covered. I do think Semedo has shown improvement and is a better fit to make the position his own, but Roberto has largely done well too.

Danic

Not to forget it was only one game where he struggled a bit vs vinicious and in that game RM absolutly crushed our right side. Many times 2v1. The other game he had absolutly no problem with him... There is something called dayform which can vary. But whom im telling....

pregra

His final pass never finds a teammate. Would like to see him try to take on players a bit more. For a full back he is very, very good in 1v1s going forward but he always choose the safe option.

Nothanks

not bad?

his fanboys have raved nonstop how he needs a RW infront of him to be effective on the offense
he also needs a b2b in rakitic or vidal and not having a slow midfielder like busquets he got that also

but he does absolutely nothing in offense, the right side is completely useless when in possession

i would play him against liverpool at home to prevent away goals but away from home i'd take a 3-2 victory anyday with roberto

underoath

Banned
not bad?

his fanboys have raved nonstop how he needs a RW infront of him to be effective on the offense
he also needs a b2b in rakitic or vidal and not having a slow midfielder like busquets he got that also

but he does absolutely nothing in offense, the right side is completely useless when in possession

i would play him against liverpool at home to prevent away goals but away from home i'd take a 3-2 victory anyday with roberto
There is a reason why there's a few comments here, everytime he play not good this thread is dead. :lol:

Danic

He play rocksolid so what? Should we comment on any rocksolid game? It becomes standard. The people who should think about themselves are the 3 above me.
Yesterday they didnt link up well. So u expect players who rarely play together on the side to link up well every single game?!
Once again there something called dayform. Could easily be the case they link up well again next time.

Btw Joan quote would be nice for that Alvez-Messi level.... The comparison alone is so dumb that it almost hurts.

underoath

Banned
Rocksolid, rarely play together :lol:
The same people that said that Dembele+Semedo = something GREAT, Semedo better 1v1 got wrecked by a RM teenager.
There's a BIG reason why he is not an automatic starting RB, you fanboys need to accept the truth

Danic

Rocksolid, rarely play together :lol:
The same people that said that Dembele+Semedo = something GREAT, Semedo better 1v1 got wrecked by a RM teenager.
There's a BIG reason why he is not an automatic starting RB, you fanboys need to accept the truth
I wont discuss with dumb troll who is refering to the same match over and over again cause it was the only time he lost some 1v1 duels.
They worked well in several matches and not well yesterday. So that means absolutly nothing in the end.

underoath

Banned
I wont discuss with dumb troll who is refering to the same match over and over again cause it was the only time he lost some 1v1 duels.
They worked well in several matches and not well yesterday. So that means absolutly nothing in the end.

So because Dembele is currently not playing so Semedo's performance affected by that. Ok

Vilarrubi

Wonder if scared Semedo will start or Roberto on Wednesday... is probably start Roberto at Camp Nou and Semedo at Anfield.

Home of Barca Fans