Nelson Semedo

Truthist

Roberto doing a good job at RB and helped turn around a couple of games already.

It is not because of Raki that is happening.

I like Roberto but he can be a bit easily pushed off the ball and not always the best in tight areas. He suits facing game more and having space for his energy and running and getting that from RB just now and can be an option if needed in midfield.

Our midfield is so crap that it is needed, anything is an instant upgrade.

JamDav1982

Our midfield is so crap that it is needed, anything is an instant upgrade.

No it isnt. Roberto would be another decent option but he wouldnt be a starting midfielder and it is one of those cases that he is being probably built up more now to than what he would actually bring.

JamDav1982

Semedo's influence as an attacker would have surely grown in the second half against Athletico as they clearly decided to sit on their lead and bunker the middle.

I really like Roberto but if he's in as an attacker then the management should play him there but then that would mean growing a pair to drop one of the senior dead weights in the team.

Atletico sat back the whole time and allowed Alba and Semedo to take it forward. Not just towards end of game.

Before he got taken off he had a couple bad touches when they let him have it and was not a threat. It was right to take him off for Roberto.

M

MessiCam

The strongest midfield is arguably Busi, Paulinho and Iniesta.

Roberto has brought things to RB that Semedo hasnt shown so far and has played well there.

Rakitic playing is not forcing Roberto to RB.

Decent discussion this. I very much agree that Roberto offers more playmaking ability as a RB than Semedo. But when has it become a RB’s duty to be a playmaker? Surely that very specific skill being touted should be used in midfield. Roberto was fantastic in an advanced midfield position in a 4-2-3-1 formation against Betis.

The way I see it, Iniesta and Roberto should alternate spots while Denis should be used as a wing. He is a lot better there in my opinion. Constant tinkering with a back 4 is not a good idea.

Truthist

No it isnt. Roberto would be another decent option but he wouldnt be a starting midfielder and it is one of those cases that he is being probably built up more now to than what he would actually bring.

Well we won't know for sure until he gets a chance in the midfield and quite frankly the way Raki and to an extent Iniesta are playing he really can't do any worse. For sure, he would bring fresh impetus and energy to a tired and slow midfield.

M

MessiCam

Denis, Semedo and Paulinho given the cold shoulder again.

Valverde has a serious hard-on for Rakitic.

raskolnikov

We have to pay those eventually right? whats the poin in being very petty over 10 mil when we splash for dembele for example.

Givenchy

getting sick of this now.. how tf is he going to get his match rythme going if every next game hes benched, Lucho level fuckery

Truthist

Well we won't know for sure until he gets a chance in the midfield and quite frankly the way Raki and to an extent Iniesta are playing he really can't do any worse. For sure, he would bring fresh impetus and energy to a tired and slow midfield.

Now wasn't that obvious.

behindbrowneyes

Think it's hard to play Nelsinho and Deulofeu together as they pretty much cover the same ground. If you play one-dimensional winger Deu you need someone who moves to the mid as Deu covers the sideline. Maybe Sergi is better at this task as he is a midfielder by trade. Don't want to look it up if Nelsinho and Deu ever played together, but everytime (I recognised this in the last few games) one of them gets subbed the other one has to leave the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans