Nelson Semedo

JamDav1982

The montoya comparison I just ignored because that appeared like troll material. Montoya was a clueless kid AND had masia pedigree which made it even stranger. He was hopeless.

Semedo has no masia pedigree, yet shows glimpses of genius, ball control like Abidal, solid passing, and football intelligence. Just needs to gel with the team and he will be great.

'Glimpses of genius'....

He is nothing like Abidal at all so far. Abidal was one of the coolest customers going on the ball.

You didnt ignore the Montoya 'comparison' you just commented on it and Montoya showed more going forward than Semedo so far is the only comparison being made.

He is either techincally not there or shitting himself but either way what he has shown so far has not been good enough if he wants to be starting RB.

Last edited:

ASordidGod

Anyone heard Semedo himself talk about the situation? Because if he's happy coming in and out, well then for now it's not really a big deal. As long as he's given sufficient chances I'll be satisfied, personally. Then it's up to him to take them. Personally I don't see Robert as a long term solution, so there's no reason Semedo can't make that position his own. Defensively he's been good enough I feel, and I trust him one on one way more than Roberto, but obviously he needs to do more going forward. I don't know if it's a confidence thing, or whether he's still adjusting, but his off the ball movement needs to be better. Crucially, when he DOES get in behind he needs to stay calm and get his head up: Barca's not like other clubs where you just put it into an area and look like a fantastic crosser simply because there's so many targets to hit, most of the time we've only Suarez in the box and Messi making that late run (also possibly Paulinho). For me Alba as a crosser is average, but what's he's excellent as is knowing where Messi wants the ball and getting it to him in time. That's what Semedo needs to improve for me: not his crossing per se, but his mental picture of where everyone is, and, even more crucially, wheree they'll BE. Basically he needs to know his teamates better. It is a tough one I'll admit, because as of this moment Roberto is better going forwards, but unless Semedo is given the CHANCE to learn obviously he won't. That's why I was curious as to how patient he's willing to be. Because with time I reckon he'll come good, but whether he's willing to wait is another thing entirely.

5ergio_Busquets

I recommend those who are now comparing him to Montoya to take a look back in this thread at what they themselves were saying about him at the start of the season!

Danic

semedo gets ALOT of game time idk what else you would want from him.. to start every game?? lol no he's a liability sure we'll condede slightly less but we also will score much less if our team is useless on one flank
What did i wrote? If he gets his play times CONSTANTLY like he does already. Its ok how Valverde handles it most of the time. He will get his confidence back and will get more familiar with the team over time.
I just dont get the people like jamdav who constantly critize him for playing solid. He plays in Barca for only half a season. Give him some time and relax....
Its ok for now if Valverde prefers Roberto with the actual system and i just said over time Semedo will be the n1 RB because he has enough potential.

jamrock

I said he was not the right signing from day 1 so yea as always I'm pretty consistent with my views.

Jamdav was saying he was the shit if I'm remembering correctly

xXKonan

Nah Jamdav said "He's shit with the ball" during his first League match on the Barca Chat and got bodied on there for it.

It was actually one of Semedo's best performances he had this season when he made that comment.

JamDav1982

Nah Jamdav said "He's shit with the ball" during his first League match on the Barca Chat and got bodied on there for it.

It was actually one of Semedo's best performances he had this season when he made that comment.

It was not the match chat and it was during his sub performance vs Real where folk went way over the top as if he came on and played amazingly.

He came on an had some good moments and some bad ones.

Home of Barca Fans