Nelson Semedo

Cule4life

The Culest
He had a couple of nice runs. But still he hesitates to go on the attacking runs. Is it because of lack of understanding with teammates, lack of confidence or Valverde telling him to be more conservative? The potential is there, it's upto Valverde to work this out.

Horatio

You're welcome
Think he has a very solid inward pass. But yeah...we won't see a lot of it if no one is running besides him.

Danic

But still a properly RW is missing. Did u see how often he had the ball and no one was in front of him. Thats a serious problem with our right side.... often backward pass is the only option.

Devils

Is he told not to do crosses/offensive passes or is he just hesitant to do them?

I think he should take more chances I mean we have a lot of offensive power and it would be useful for him to attempt them so he can get better.

I remember Alves towards his later years would have times where all he would do is cross, cross and cross. Maybe 1 out of 50 crosses would result in something useful. Frustrating but he wasn't afraid of trying it. Semedo should give it a try.

henias

Is he told not to do crosses/offensive passes or is he just hesitant to do them?

I think he should take more chances I mean we have a lot of offensive power and it would be useful for him to attempt them so he can get better.

I remember Alves towards his later years would have times where all he would do is cross, cross and cross. Maybe 1 out of 50 crosses would result in something useful. Frustrating but he wasn't afraid of trying it. Semedo should give it a try.

Semedo's playstyle has always been more direct, counter-attacking, but seeing Roberto always selected ahead of him, he is restrained by the small spaces passing back and forth where his pace and confidence is not utilised properly. He tries to play like Roberto and always try to play it "safe". Clearly doesnt suit him at all.

He wont succeed under EV, as far as things goes, and I'm still very skeptical about the slow passing style we are having. Semedo and Dembele works best together because of their directness, but they are separated most of the time EV never tried to built on their chemistry and style, something we never get to see on a regular basis.

PhilS

One game a month is about enough for this guy. When he is on the field, he is always the worst player in our uniform. Unfortunately, despite his make-up speed, I'm not sure he is a better player than Montoya. Different limitations, Montoya seemed smart and well-schooled, but lacked athleticism and skills, got beat one-on-one a lot. Semedo will turn the ball over to the opponents or just make a nothing pass, pretty damn dependably. Don't know if it is skill or vision or decision making, not that it makes any difference why. I think it is sweet that so many Barca forum posters see the invisible potential that he has.

I do think he is clearly better than Douglas. I wish he was as good as Adriano.

FCB1987

Banned
But still a properly RW is missing. Did u see how often he had the ball and no one was in front of him. Thats a serious problem with our right side.... often backward pass is the only option.

we should use 442 again with Dembouz on the right

Home of Barca Fans