Nelson Semedo

jairzinho

If its actually true, the other players refused to pass to him due to the neymar incident. ... Putting their little drama before the damn VS Madrid ffs. Even from raw footage, its easy to see that Neymar was the one that instigated it.

Hope its not true. Neymar's decision cemented due to a fight with a newbie? wtf.

If that's actually the case, then the other players need to stop being bitches. No wonder we can't perform on the field.

xXKonan

I think it's Rakitic just not passing it. than the fight tbqh.

His link up play with Roberto was garbage last season as well.

xXKonan

I mean like I said earlier this shouldn't be a difficult decision to make anymore. He needs to play week in and out while Vidal can make a rotational RB in some of games vs weaker teams. Vidal and Roberto simply don't have the attributes to be our starting RB here.

Roberto tried hard fill that gap Alves left but unfortunately he didn't have the pace nor the attacking contribution going forward we need out of a RB for Barca. During Lucho's time here, he heavily used Alves and Alba as attacking/creative outlets. But with Alves leaving and us having a RCM like Rakitic, the right side was totally dead. Roberto could theoretically work in a system where the RCM and RWF does all the creating and he just focuses more on the defensive side and occasional overlap.

Vidal, he's a pure attacking player and the Sporting department saw his games for Sevilla, and thought he would make a good Alves successor/rotation option. Problem is if you watch his games with us he plays like a winger that was forced into the RB spot.

He doesn't understand attacking and defending transitions, he rarely times his challenges properly and he cannot position himself etc. Stuff that a Right back needs to know. He relies a lot on his pace to bail him out when he makes mistakes but even with that he still struggles.

he's a hard worker no doubt he doesn't have the instincts a RB should have. He turns 28 next week and I seriously doubt he will ever improve in that regard no matter how much he plays this season.

Semedo might not be perfect either on the defensive side, but when you watch him play you can see the differences between Him, Vidal and Roberto. He plays like a Real Right back who possesses the tools to be the Right back we desperately needed since Alves left.

No one can be Dani Alves, but Semedo can be that guy who can pick up his old role as a strong creative RB while being solid on the defensive side.

I really like this guy! Him along with Umtiti and Cillesen have been such amazing signings and at such low cost. You gotta give this administration thumps up for this!

N612

He was the most solid player in our team yesterday! When he came in, all Real Madrid threat on the left flank stopped (And this is where marcello played us like babies)

I think he can be better than alvez, he is confident, strong, tactical and good both on defense and offense... He even looked better at defending than the CBs

I have big faith in this player..

Messi983

Good performance overall, would be interesting to see how he would do under mad pressure RM put on our backline in first 15 minutes though.

mecka

His cameo was only positive from yesterday`s game, if EV does not start him against betis when he can resign already

Home of Barca Fans