Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

No idea what you mean by not being treated fairly. I think most people can see now why valverde prefers Roberto. He has been given plenty of chances even when Roberto is fit and hasn't really done enough. Valverde sees them train everyday and knows who to pick. I hope semedo picks it up in the next few games because we need a right back who can defend as well as attack
Roberto at RB would work if he had a much different profile CB next to him and a balanced out right side than what we currently have.

Currently the biggest reason why I rate Semedo higher than Roberto at RB is at least Semedo has the pace and defensive abilities to cover ground on our shitty right side. Roberto, on the other hand, doesn't have either. He provides going forward but you're asking a lot out of him right now with his current ablities to try and cover the amount of ground especially when Messi doesn't like hanging around the RW and Pique being a total liablity when left 1v1 against a half decent winger.

We haven't had a balanced out Right side in what feels like years now. the only time We have seen it is if Dembele and Vidal are both on the RW/RCM.

serghei

Certainly lacks something. With him it's always like he seems he can be great, but never is. And this thing is lasting for almost two seasons. I think he's one of those players who mentally can't cope at a team like Barcelona. Too much pressure. Would take too much work to change that, and I'm not sure he is worth it at this age.

Roberto is not great either. RB is not our great spot, but it's not a big weakness either. It's just sad that in the past we used to rock on this side.

Danic

He had a few decent games and now one bad game. So i dont get the point. Is there one player beside messi,alba who is playing constantly good in our squad?!

raskolnikov

Still, outside of classico’s semedo is a better RB than Bob.
I like Semedo/Dembele partnership from the right since Alba covers the left side anyway and Messi is more in the centre.
Give Semedo solid game time and confidence and him and Dembele can dominate the right side.

Jombi

Still, outside of classico’s semedo is a better RB than Bob.
I like Semedo/Dembele partnership from the right since Alba covers the left side anyway and Messi is more in the centre.
Give Semedo solid game time and confidence and him and Dembele can dominate the right side.

Thats unlikely. Dembele does not play on the right when Messi plays. And Messi plays all the time.

xXKonan

Any news about his injury?
The only news we got is just discomfort from yesterday and that was it. He didn't train today by the looks of it, but considering Roberto is back and one until the Winter break, he will probably sit out for the rest of the year.

Ripsta

He's a fucking dreadful footballer, completely brain dead. Does ok to get forwards then shits himself when he needs to pass it off.

To think Dani Alves used to play there and it's now him.

YodaMaster

He brings a lot of energy and power defensively on that right flank. Going forward, he manages to get past one man pretty easily but then it stops. Some will say it's because he's bad at attacking but I won't agree. The right flank is a sad emptiness going forward, there's nobody for Semedo to link with (except Vidal once or twice in 45 mins). No midfielder, no winger. That's why he's always looking for Suarez, the striker.

There's no other big team in the world that constantly gives up a whole flank like Barcelona does. Alves who's GOAT right back was the only guy who could do well in such conditions.

That being said, it's not a secret that Semedo isn't a great crosser. But I still think that he's got great offensive qualities that Barcelona's system doesn't allow to exploit.

Home of Barca Fans