Nelson Semedo

Zidane82

I get pretty tired of hearing all the excuses for Semedo. If a defender plays an acceptable game, except for a single failure that loses or should lose the game, then he has not played well enough.

Semedo seems to have a knack for not covering his man or getting beat at critical times in big games. This is a big, big problem.
That sounds like a description of Roberto when he ‘tried’ to play the RB role

serghei

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptnGuardiola/status/1174097658513895424

Semedo being Semedo. But he is strong 1v1. Also gave the penalty.

Should have accepted Atleticos 40m offer and gone for Atal, enough of this guy.

He didn't play in his position you genius. And that is not a big mistake there at all.

The penalty was a clear case of an attacker being first to the ball. Was rashed by Semedo, but these things happen. We're talking about a fraction of a second of difference there.

All things considered, he was a makeshift LB and he did an above average job, while being our best fullback offensively on the night as well.

Last edited:

Riordon

He didn't play in his position you genius. And that is not a big mistake there at all.

The penalty was a clear case of an attacker being first to the ball. Was rashed by Semedo, but these things happen. We're talking about a fraction of a second of difference there.

All things considered, he was a makeshift LB and he did an above average job, while being our best fullback offensively on the night as well.

It’s not a huge mistake but it’s these kind of mistakes Semedo makes all the time. Could easily have led to a goal.

Hopefully it’s his last season here. Before people were complaining that he needed regular playing time, now he gets it. Still the same bad player.

serghei

It’s not a huge mistake but it’s these kind of mistakes Semedo makes all the time. Could easily have led to a goal.

Hopefully it’s his last season here. Before people were complaining that he needed regular playing time, now he gets it. Still the same bad player.

No he doesn't. If he did, a manager who is ruthless regarding his players' defensive output would never push for signing Semedo.

Riordon

No he doesn't. If he did, a manager who is ruthless regarding his players' defensive output would never push for signing Semedo.

You have said that 1000 times. I think I understand now. But because Cholo wants Semedo doesn’t mean Semedo is a great fullback. Shall I remind you of all those shit transfers Cholo also has made?

serghei

You have said that 1000 times. I think I understand now. But because Cholo wants Semedo doesn’t mean Semedo is a great fullback. Shall I remind you of all those shit transfers Cholo also has made?

Well, Cholo is probably the best defensive manager around. Pretty sure he wouldn't push for a player who doesn't know how to defend.

First positional mistake there is for Griezmann who isn't close enough to press Hakimi as he advances with the ball. This is what determines Semedo do the press instead.

Last edited:

Riordon

Well, Cholo is probably the best defensive manager around. Pretty sure he wouldn't push for a player who doesn't know how to defend.

First positional mistake there is for Griezmann who isn't close enough to press Hakimi as he advances with the ball. This is what determines Semedo do the press instead.

Let’s just agree to disagree then, no need to discuss it when our standpoints are so far from each other. I respect your opinion about Semedo even though I completely disagree and as the season goes on, it will be clearer.

serghei

Let’s just agree to disagree then, no need to discuss it when our standpoints are so far from each other. I respect your opinion about Semedo even though I completely disagree and as the season goes on, it will be clearer.

Yea, let's hope Valverde doesn't approach games with only one leftback in the squad next time. So we don't have to nitpick every error from a rightback asked to play in the opposite side against very dangerous wing players.

Not saying Semedo is that great btw, but in this game he was actually overall one of our better players.

masterbest

70' He left his position and left space for Hazard. Should've let Griezmann cover Hakimi.
iJFZhCj.png

That's chances is 0.55 xG
https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/champions-league/dortmund-vs-barcelona-2019-09-18/39991
74' He didn't run fast enough and let Sancho pass to Hakimi, though it's not easy to do that. that's also other player's fault to let Sancho get the ball too easy. xG=0.37
c3kGLG3.png

77' he left his position and go to the space where there're already Pique and Lenglet. 3 players defended in a tight space. That left Brand on the left flank free to cross in. 2 shot xG=0.59 + 0.61=1.2
bTlR7kE.png

And that penalty xG=0.75. All Dortmund best chances in 2 half had Semedo involves. ( imo )
9AW9Hrz.png

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans