Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Semedo being better than Roberto in attack/dribbling is a complete and utter myth.
Not really a myth on the Dribbling end.

When was the last time Roberto even attempted to beat his man in a 1v1 dribbling scenario? also if you read the post I'm talking about Roberto being 5x better than Semedo is an utter myth as well. Roberto is nowhere near that good enough going forward to be "5x" Better not even close.

clemente

Just so stupid reading all these posts about him being not good offensively, how can he do anything all by himself?? Messi walks away from him to the middle, Suarez of course also on the left for some reason, Rakitic is just not mobile enough to do some quick plays with him. I'm sure if he had Dembele in front of him and Coutinho to the left to him he would be exploding on that right wing. I'm surprised he still looks motivated and actually trying in this pathetic system.

FinBarcelonafan

Roberto makes better passes, his final pass is bett3r than Semedo. Roberto also has talent to find a lot of open space from the back and open the game.(makes good runs) Semedo is better dribbler. He can actually beat opponent in 1vs1.

Cule4life

The Culest
Sigh look at the stats. Your comparison isn't far off Roberto is about 5x as better offensively than Semedo. Which says more about how awful Semedo is than how amazing Roberto is

:lol: Pulling out random BBZesque stats (Wtf is this stat anyway) just shows you don't watch the game properly.

gatsu

Roberto makes better passes, his final pass is bett3r than Semedo. Roberto also has talent to find a lot of open space from the back and open the game.(makes good runs) Semedo is better dribbler. He can actually beat opponent in 1vs1.

:lol: this is the complete opposite of sergi

PhilS

:lol: this is the complete opposite of sergi

Well, Semedo can beat opponents on the dribble one on one, but then after that he losses the ball or has to make a pass that does nothing to advance the offense. He never accomplishes anything good when he goes too far forward or to the goal. No matter who else is playing on his side of the field, he just sucks trying to go into the corner or to the goal. This is not the fault of the formation or his teammates or his coach.

His only chance to be able to continue on this this team is to just not go too far forward or too far into the middle. Ever. Just stay back, receive emergency passes as an outlet, be more ready to defend than a real Barca fullback. With Semedo on the field, Barca can be less symmetrical. Jordi can do his fantastic work in the offense on the left, Semedo can hang back. Semedo's teammates are already making this happen by refusing to pass to him. His teammates are not stupid. They also did not like to pass to Douglas, or to Aleix Vidal, or to Deulofeu, or to Paco, or to Montoya, and maybe not to Munir.

When attacking:

-----Semedo----Pique----Umtiti-----
--------Busquets----Arthur---------
Dembele----Messi---Coutinho----Alba
-------------Suarez----------------

I believe this is the solution for Semedo and whole squad problems.

Messigician

When attacking:

-----Semedo----Pique----Umtiti-----
--------Busquets----Arthur---------
Dembele----Messi---Coutinho----Alba
-------------Suarez----------------

I believe this is the solution for Semedo and whole squad problems.

If you want a fast champions league exit then sure let's play this

PhilS

Gets another start. Let's see if he can do better today. Otherwise, as soon as Roberto gets his conditioning back, lots of bench time.

serghei

Yep. Up until late in the game when Muriel scored from his side, he kept things pretty quiet on his side and also contributed to a goal with some nice other plays too.

Home of Barca Fans