Nelson Semedo

Barcilliant

Finally some sense.

Semedo and Dembele have blistering pace but that is neutralized with the slow ass set up and style of ass clown Valverde. Bench Suarez. Play Dembele and Coutinho upfront with Messi and go back to the 2015 MSN style. That was effective and fun to watch. Valverde is a pussy and fraud.

When Semedo is in space he doesn't get the pass. When he breaks through and crosses no one is there. This guy reminds me of Abidal. His pace and ability to recover against big teams is great. He was fantastic against Rm last season. Roberto can be used against lesser teams but in the big games I would always use Semedo.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Semedo had quite a few ignored runs yesterday. Both Sergi and even Messi were not doing enough to get it to him and he genuinely was looking to get sent behind the line at least a few times I saw in that first half.

Funny how Semedo gets shit on for limitations directly linked to how much of a clear disaster Roberto was at RCM and not being able to spot the man on the run. And then Roberto also goes on to be fairly awful at RB in that second half yet he should be our starter I guess.

No one seems to want to mention how great Semedo was defensively either. He was so solid and with him not only does our 1v1 defense on the flanks improve but Pique seems to have a much better handle on things too.

FinBarcelonafan

Finally some sense.

Semedo and Dembele have blistering pace but that is neutralized with the slow ass set up and style of ass clown Valverde.

Bench Suarez. Play Dembele and Coutinho upfront with Messi and go back to the 2015 MSN style. That was effective and fun to watch. Valverde is a pussy and fraud.

I agree. Semedo and Dembele wants to make the game faster but our grandpas want to keep it too slow. I think If we want success in CL, we have to start speeding up our game. It's just too slow against any top team. They can sit back the whole game and wait we make one mistake and then they will beat us with few counters. It's just too easy to play against when you have solid defense and players who.can burn us (speed) in counters. Beating us is easy, put good starting eleven defensively and attackers who are quick/fast and that's about it. and remember to put our players under pressure because then we can't build our game at all.

Last edited:

vinni

I agree. Semedo and Dembele wants to make the game faster but our grandpas want to keep it too slow. I think If we want success in CL, we have to start speeding up our game. It's just too slow against any top team. They can sit back the whole game and wait we make one mistake and then they will beat us with few counters. It's just too easy to play against when you have solid defense and players who.can burn us (speed) in counters. Beating us is easy, put good starting eleven defensively and attackers who are quick/fast and that's about it. and remember to put our players under pressure because then we can't build our game at all.

We lost 3 matches in one year. Its not as easy as you make it sound :lol:

Your point is valid though. There are just not many teams that can pull it off.

vlad

We lost 3 matches in one year. Its not as easy as you make it sound :lol:

Your point is valid though. There are just not many teams that can pull it off.

In CL this year there will be atletico, juve, real, city, liverpool

Its enough if barca face 1 of them in K.O. stages and they will struggle

Barcilliant

Pep kept balance with Abidal staying further back and Alves bombing forward.

Why do people want Semedo attacking all the time? Yes, Roberto is better currently offensively but he's a disaster in defense. Too slow, can't defend and caught out of position.

Valverde is just an idiot who cluelessly tinkers with formations. Semedo is just his favorite scapegoat. Fuck you Valverde!

Andresito

Staff member
Pep kept balance with Abidal staying further back and Alves bombing forward.

Why do people want Semedo attacking all the time? Yes, Roberto is better currently offensively but he's a disaster in defense. Too slow, can't defend and caught out of position.

Valverde is just an idiot who cluelessly tinkers with formations. Semedo is just his favorite scapegoat. Fuck you Valverde!

Because otherwise our right side would be empty with Messi drifting inside.

PhilS

If he learns how to effectively participate in the offense, he will play more. This may happen, and it may not. Vision is certainly not his strong point, experience may not help with this.

Passing to him in the offensive end tends to not work out well. Way too often, he dribbles until he is disposed, or runs around a bit and finally passes it backward. Of course his teammates do not treat him as a primary option in the attack. Could be worse, they really did not like to pass to Montoya.

This is Barca, fullbacks are key elements in the attack. Semedo seems to be getter suited to normal fullback duties, as opposed to midfielder/winger. This is not a compliment for someone trying to become the regular FB on this team. Got to be be both.

FC433

He will not make it here 100%

No player can improve without playing, we should look for a RB next season.

Saladin

I would love to see Semedo evolve, but that is not happening any time soon. I would love to see us go all in on Kimmich next season, easily the best RB in the world at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans