Nelson Semedo

ebieymjunior

He does.

Roberto gets dribbled less on those La liga stats when adding in the other defensive areas.

Your point about Barca having some of best games when Semedo RB and Roberto midfield was terrible then just listed a load unrelated games as if trying to make another point.

READ, then you won't giving such dumb comments

ebieymjunior

Nah you need to go look at the stats again then stop when made a terrible point and listing random games that have no relevance as if trying to make another point.

Go to sleep, you need it.

Any other person makes sense and is able to read and understand what people are saying, it seems that you're only here to waste people's time.

As of now I'll just ignore what you have to say.

JamDav1982

Any other person makes sense and is able to read and understand what people are saying, it seems that you're only here to waste people's time.

Haha take your own advice and stop speaking shite.

Good lad.

Youve said about five times you are going to ignore. Just more shit you speak.

Nothanks

the guy is turning 25 in a couple of months also can we move past the "potential" talk as-well? if he doesn't improve dramatically next season then we should look to sell and find someone that fits our style better.

Barcilliant

I don't see why people are doubting him. How many good right backs are there in world football?

People talk about Kimmich but no way Bayern sells him. Semedo is good enough for Barca but that obtuse idiot Valverde can't see it.

Barcilliant

Semedo played four matches against Real Madrid and did well in all four games.

How many times has Roberto been exposed in the cl?? Anytime we face the best in cl that right flank turns into a free zone for the opposition.

Neeraj

I look at it this way. Semedo is a better RB than Roberto, and this is pretty obvious. Roberto is exposed wildly in any top level game, and sometimes even against lesser teams.

Having said that, I don't think Semedo is all that either. He has a bit of adaptation left, but his irregular minutes couldn't have helped in that.

I'd be okay with getting a WC RB and letting Semedo go, but since that isn't going to happen, I would choose the better of the two of what we do have, and make Semedo the starting RB.

henias

No way we are getting a WC RB next season, so might as well develop Semedo and give him more consistent minutes. If you're just gonna play him for 2 games straight and then benched for the next 4 games that might as well dont expect Semedo to improve.

Roberto is never going to improve as a RB because he simply has too much limitation, keep using him and we'll still get exposed alot because of our vulnerability on the right side.

Sorin

Roberto should never be our first option for the right back. Back-up, sure. Semedo should be given another shot(at least 10 matches in a row) at the beginning of next season to see where he's at. If he doesn't convince, start looking from January at other RBs and sell Semedo in the next summer. Regardless of what happens with our RBs next season, we should monitor Odriozola(among others) and see how he's doing. If someone doesn't snap him this season that is.

serghei

It's a terrible market for RBs. Even Carvajal who was great last season, was abysmal this season. We're good with Semedo and Roberto. Need improvements in midfield and bring in a younger, more mobile and technical attacker.

I think Coutinho in midfield (attack oriented) if Griezmann is signed, and if Griezmann is not signed, move Coutinho to LW, and sign a top class midfielder like Eriksen.

Last edited:

Porque

Semedo is good. Best bet is he gets a full season as rightback next year. If he fails to convince then sell and bring in someone like Odriozola.

Only problem is that Roberto is the dying flame of La Masia promotions (hopefully Alenya steps up big) and with his new contract will probably have to start a good chunk of games. Which sucks for us as he is just an above average fullback.

Danic

Thats the ultimate best thing u could do.
Glad to see im not the only person who thinks discussing with him is a complete waste of time.

He wants to tell u Roberto is the better defender. Wtf?

I stay with my opinion. Next year will be his breakthrough. He already seemd more confident the last matches. I guess hes that type of player who needs a little bit more time to fully integrate.
Lets not forget its his first season in a top european league. Not like Coutinho who already played several years in premiere league.

FC433

We have got Mateu Morey who is 18. I believe that he is one of our best talents. I have watched him quite a bit and he has got what we need.

behindbrowneyes

Having Semedo and Roberto is a good set of choices. Like serghei already mentioned, market of RBs is very thin qualitywise.

Think the RB-situation will change next season. Due to the injury of Dembélé different things were asked from a RB. Semedo had no connection with the rest of the team and struggled to play that additional midfielder role whereas Roberto was really good at it attacking-wise.

Next season Barcelona very likely will play with more attacking-players on the field so balance will ask for a defensively better RB. Not saying that Semedo is really good at it since his positioning is off very often, but Semedo irons out most of these mistakes with his insane pace.

Home of Barca Fans