Nelson Semedo

Raketa10

Valverde absolutely stole a year of his peak, I don't even know any other RB that is so sharp and has a pace like that. But of course the whole season he was sitting on the bench and now he is injured, he probably regrets leaving Benfica

WTF? His peak? At 24? Who stole what? What a post :facepalm:

And some are saying he got injured because he didn’t play?! LOOOL That’s beyond apsurd! He was trying to impress Valverde? Well if that’s true than great. He should continue to play like this since in some games he was really bad.

He will be much better next year and I am satisfied with his playing time this year. He has played 26 games and it’s February! That’s more than ok for his first year.

What worries me is the amount of hamstring injuries this year. It’s fucking epidemic (Dembele, Semedo, Umtiti, Vermaelen...). Our medical stuff should try to find reasons for that befor anything else.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We already came to the conclusion in Dembele's case, that hamstring injuries come without a warning (although, the risk could be minimized by a good diet and stretching).
This injury is an unpredictable one (and I don't think that Semedo has a bad diet, like Dembouz).
Then you should start following his GF on Instagram. Just right now on her IG story you can see him eating loads of greasy pizza from what I think is one of the worst pizza chains (Telepizza) in Spain/Portugal. I don’t think she realizes how stupid it is to post all this, because I have been shocked many times now at how much unhealthy shit they eat together. I haven’t seen what kind of food Dembele ate, but this must surely be up there with it.

FCBfan22

Then you should start following his GF on Instagram. Just right now on her IG story you can see him eating loads of greasy pizza from what I think is one of the worst pizza chains (Telepizza) in Spain/Portugal. I don’t think she realizes how stupid it is to post all this, because I have been shocked many times now at how much unhealthy shit they eat together. I haven’t seen what kind of food Dembele ate, but this must surely be up there with it.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Dembele's diet was probably even worse, because if the reports are true, he is living together with his brother to stay out of the family trouble and he probably lived on fast food for 4-5 months.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I didn't know that.

Dembele's diet was probably even worse, because if the reports are true, he is living together with his brother to stay out of the family trouble and he probably lived on fast food for 4-5 months.

If those rumors re. his diet are even half true, I am 100% behind Valverde for not playing him before Girona when he was available. Kid needs to be taught a lesson.

PhilS

He's been showing progress recently in his play, his future looks bright. For a while there, it appeared that he was down from being beaten out by S. Roberto, it is to his credit that he looked so good vs. Girona. I hope he continues to improve, so at least there can be less of a drop-off when he plays instead of S. Roberto.

Look, everyone, sure, Semedo is fast, but he has also looked like he has not quite known how to be a part of this offense. A season of adjustment, learning how to perform at the Barca level, no problem with that. By the time he can come back in April, S. Roberto will need some games off. Semedo can prove he deserves more playing time next season.

henias

Could see he definitely was desperate to prove himself in the Girona match, went all out to defend and attack but sadly pulled himself in the process. Shame. Just when u thought he could have established himself he had yet another setback. He definitely is talented, just needs more patience with him.

JamDav1982

It helps him with Dembele who is not the type to get involved in too much build up play. Those two together run at defence more and is less structured really and probably suits both of them for now.

Semedo had a good game and hopefully can keep it up. Could still offer more in final third on the ball but at least making those runs he did last night is a start.

Cule4life

The Culest
sadly pulled himself in the process. Shame. Just when u thought he could have established himself he had yet another setback.

tenor.gif

LeeRomeno

Roberto can get injured as well for playing non-stop in the next 1.5 months. Not saying it's guaranteed to happen (as it wasn't guaranteed for Semedo, but not playing for 3 weeks and then going full on almost an entire game has certainly contributed to his injury). But it certainly is an aggravating factor. Overplaying or not having enough match rythm (forget trainings, players need to play matches to be at a great fitness level, it's like that in any sport).

The issue is that we have two good RBs that should have allowed Valverde to distribute playing time properly. He didn't do that. He started with Semedo, then dropped him and played Roberto almost a full month in the recent period, 6 games in a row, packed in 20 days or so. Now Semedo is injured for a month and a half, and guess what, with 2 equally good RBs, he's managed to fuck it up by not distributing game time properly.

Slowly but surely, the sun is beginning to appear from behind the clouds.
From
He got injured because he rarely played in february, and he was going hard this game to impress Valverde. Lack of match rythm and muscle oversolicitation in this game is what led to this.
it is now "has contributed"
Just hope at some point you will end up where most of reasonable people have been from the beginning. Several factors can contribute to injury like that. Hectic schedule, bad preparation for game, bad nutrition, just bad luck or contact with opponent as well. You simply cannot just randomly blame coach without knowing any backstory. Have you watched every training, do you know how much effort he has put there, there could be other reasons for not playing him besides coach being just stupid like you claim here.

BarçaBarça

Sad for him, and for our midfield, which now will inhibit Gomes or Paulinho instead of Roberto in some games :cry:
Unless, of course, Valverde has transformed into a super-attacking coach and field Coutinho, Dembele alongside Busquets and Rakitic :thinking:

George_Costanza

Sad for him, and for our midfield, which now will inhibit Gomes or Paulinho instead of Roberto in some games :cry:
Unless, of course, Valverde has transformed into a super-attacking coach and field Coutinho, Dembele alongside Busquets and Rakitic :thinking:

As if a healthy Semedo will play more often and Roberto will occupy the MF. If anything, Roberto is our first choice RB under EV, he sees him as a right back more than a midfielder and no signs this could change.

Joan

As if a healthy Semedo will play more often and Roberto will occupy the MF. If anything, Roberto is our first choice RB under EV, he sees him as a right back more than a midfielder and no signs this could change.
He played Roberto as a RB since Semedo wasn't producing.

That could change if Semedo started playing well.
Sadly he's injured now.

Notice that vs. Girona, Semedo's first recent strong performance, Rakitić was subbed for Roberto.

Not saying this would change anything, Semedo might go back to his form, but we don't know what would happen.

BarçaBarça

Except for the exact match he was injured in, and most of our CL-games this season. It is difficult to discuss counterfactuals, but the signs were there.

Home of Barca Fans