Nelson Semedo

JamDav1982

What about trading/replacing him for Trent Alexander Arnold of Liverpool. Guy is only 19, got called for WC & already looks equivalent(at least, maybe better) to Semedo. Although not the best RB atm, but gives me Dani Alves vibes. I am pretty sure if we don't go for him, a big club will snap him in a year or two. Odrizola, to me, looks like right sided Jordi alba.

Liverpool would not even entertain making that swap.

Donatello

Liverpool would not even entertain making that swap.

I said trade or replace. If they won't swap, buy Alexander Arnold, either sell Semedo or loan him(maybe keep both, Roberto needs to move to MF, he isn't a RB). Plus, he might not be that expensive atm. But, yeah I agree Liverpool will not entertain it unless its a very generous offer.

Plus, I don't think Semedo is that bad. He would be better used at Liverpool, than with us. He is fast, pacey, good defensively and can cross, has good stamina & can be a good presser which is perfect for Klopp. Plus, he has limited potential, so he may stay for at long time at l'pool. He just doesn't have that mentality of a big team player, that's what holding him back at Barca.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

What about trading/replacing him for Trent Alexander Arnold of Liverpool. Guy is only 19, got called for WC & already looks equivalent(at least, maybe better) to Semedo. Although not the best RB atm, but gives me Dani Alves vibes. I am pretty sure if we don't go for him, a big club will snap him in a year or two. Odrizola, to me, looks like right sided Jordi alba.

Alba and Odriozola aren’t too similar at all. Odriozola is much more direct.. Alba plays possession and makes runs into gaps before he crosses or cuts it back. Odriozola runs straight at opponents and takes them on before he does.

JamDav1982

Alba and Odriozola aren’t too similar at all. Odriozola is much more direct.. Alba plays possession and makes runs into gaps before he crosses or cuts it back. Odriozola runs straight at opponents and takes them on before he does.

Albas possession play is awful though.

Ordiozola has to run at players more as Sociedad dont have the ball as much and his starting position is not as high up park.

Vilarrubi

Albas possession play is awful though.

Ordiozola has to run at players more as Sociedad dont have the ball as much and his starting position is not as high up park.

Yeah of course.. I’m sure Odriozola would play more possession if he played at Barca. I just don’t see him as a “right sided Alba” as he suggested.

Richard.H

Is it true he wasn't selected for Portugal? Frank!y, that's quite embarrassing. There is no way he is worse than the backup portugal RB

ebieymjunior

Semedo before coming to Barcelona.

It's not that he can't go forward, the question is why doesn't he do so that often in Barcelona?

I've noticed that when he has the ball, no-one makes himself free to get the ball except for Dembele and ironically Sergi Roberto.
It seems he doesn't get along with the rest, even outside the pitch. Does that have something to do with the Neymar situation? If so, that seems really odd.
Let's see how this season goes, but he really needs to gain the players' trust.

henias

Semedo before coming to Barcelona.

It's not that he can't go forward, the question is why doesn't he do so that often in Barcelona?

I've noticed that when he has the ball, no-one makes himself free to get the ball except for Dembele and ironically Sergi Roberto.
It seems he doesn't get along with the rest, even outside the pitch. Does that have something to do with the Neymar situation? If so, that seems really odd.
Let's see how this season goes, but he really needs to gain the players' trust.

It's really more of a confidence issue, he seem to cant let loose and is afraid of making mistakes. Just dont think he can develop under Valverde especially with Roberto constantly in his place.

Even next season Semedo wont see a consistent gametime. I'd rather we'd just sell him although I know Semedo has more qualities as a RB.

ebieymjunior

It's really more of a confidence issue, he seem to cant let loose and is afraid of making mistakes. Just dont think he can develop under Valverde especially with Roberto constantly in his place.

Even next season Semedo wont see a consistent gametime. I'd rather we'd just sell him although I know Semedo has more qualities as a RB.

Then it shouldn't be that difficult to fix. I understand that Roberto is from La Masia and that's why they want to play him as much as possible, but I honestly think they should play him in midfield more and let Semedo be our first choice RB.

Roberto is a very good backup RB, but should never be a starter there. He's just too old to properly learn how to be one. That's why he's not in the Spain squad despite having played the majority of RB minutes "in Barcelona". I hope Valverde sees that as well.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Then it shouldn't be that difficult to fix. I understand that Roberto is from La Masia and that's why they want to play him as much as possible, but I honestly think they should play him in midfield more and let Semedo be our first choice RB.

Roberto is a very good backup RB, but should never be a starter there. He's just too old to properly learn how to be one. That's why he's not in the Spain squad despite having played the majority of RB minutes "in Barcelona". I hope Valverde sees that as well.

That's not why

Pepe Silvia

He started his campaign with Barca as confidently as he looks in that video.. just breaking ankles and moving the ball up with grace. When he got benched for God knows what early on, it all changed.

Danic

He started his campaign with Barca as confidently as he looks in that video.. just breaking ankles and moving the ball up with grace. When he got benched for God knows what early on, it all changed.

Exactly this. Said it several times as well. Valverdes poor player handling as usual....

JamDav1982

If 'getting rotated' had that much an impact on him then he doesnt have it to succeed at Barca.

He was introduced slowly and not playing week in week out as many new players at big clubs are.

The reason he has not played more or been first choice is because he has not been good enough. Simple as that.

ebieymjunior

If 'getting rotated' had that much an impact on him then he doesnt have it to succeed at Barca.

He was introduced slowly and not playing week in week out as many new players at big clubs are.

The reason he has not played more or been first choice is because he has not been good enough. Simple as that.

I honestly want to stay polite here.
We're trying to analyze why a player playing for the club we support (Barcelona) is not playing as we know he can and had been doing before.
Rather give some insight into what you think he did wrong at the time he was so called "getting rotated". I'm waiting.

Home of Barca Fans