Nelson Semedo

Nothanks

idk why you guys assume semedo is a good crosser, he's never shown it here.. wague showed more in his cameo than semedo all season long in terms of passing/crossing from the edge of the box.

jairzinho

Didn't look this way vs Vinicius when both played that electric winger. Let's hope if Semedo gets the call he learned from that, and watched Roberto's approach and positioning.

Approach and positioning...:p
Vinicius was not 100% in that game. That's why he pulled up lame long before halftime against Ajax.

Arizona Scott

Approach and positioning...:p
Vinicius was not 100% in that game. That's why he pulled up lame long before halftime against Ajax.

He play 60 some minutes vs Semedo and was consistently roasting him. Defense played so much better with Roberto on his side (170 some minutes).

Like I said I just want Semedo to grow from the experience and learn to play explosive wingers more cautiously, cut down over committing when you have a tricky or athletically explosive player. There was a lot of learn from how Roberto played vs Real and Vinicius.

FinBarcelonafan

Roberto was able to learn from Semedos mistakes. You let the kid make first move and he won't do anything. Semero was bit too aggressive. That's about it.

eaman

Roberto was able to learn from Semedos mistakes. You let the kid make first move and he won't do anything. Semero was bit too aggressive. That's about it.

He didn't need to learn from his mistakes. Roberto is just more experienced and the better defender. He knows when to be aggressive. At the moment the only thing semedo has on Roberto is pace

behindbrowneyes

He play 60 some minutes vs Semedo and was consistently roasting him. Defense played so much better with Roberto on his side (170 some minutes).

He roasted him but you can't compare it though. Our whole defensive approach was very different compared to the first game. Valverde learned from the first game and Roberto had much more support from Rakitic than Semedo had the other day, who often had to face 2 opponents which you can't really defend. Roberto looking much better was more due to that and the fact that Vinicius had a much worse day.

eaman

He roasted him but you can't compare it though. Our whole defensive approach was very different compared to the first game. Valverde learned from the first game and Roberto had much more support from Rakitic than Semedo had the other day, who often had to face 2 opponents which you can't really defend. Roberto looking much better was more due to that and the fact that Vinicius had a much worse day.

Most of what you say is right but semedo was diving in constantly and making it easy for vinicius to beat him. Roberto ran with vinicius and when he did make the challenge it was at the right time

xXKonan

He didn't need to learn from his mistakes. Roberto is just more experienced and the better defender. He knows when to be aggressive. At the moment the only thing semedo has on Roberto is pace
You're vastly underrating Semedo here.

Bar that one bad game, He's vastly superior Roberto in 1v1 duels the most and that's crucial in away games this season. There's a good reason why Valverde has opted to use Semedo in CL away games than Roberto while Roberto is only being used as an RM for the most part.

Not really a knock on Roberto as he's suited in other ways. Valverde realized that playing Roberto in away games with teams that press with fast players can hurt us big time and it's important having Semedo on that RB in games like that.

eaman

You're vastly underrating Semedo here.

Bar that one bad game, He's vastly superior Roberto in 1v1 duels the most and that's crucial in away games this season. There's a good reason why Valverde has opted to use Semedo in CL away games than Roberto while Roberto is only being used as an RM for the most part.

Not really a knock on Roberto as he's suited in other ways. Valverde realized that playing Roberto in away games with teams that press with fast players can hurt us big time and it's important having Semedo on that RB in games like that.

I like semedo and think he has played better in the games since then but he has a bit more to learn before he overtakes Roberto in defense and attack. Also I think Roberto plays at home more because of his better attacking ability, positioning and because he is better one on one for when we get countered

Last edited:

xXKonan

I like semedo and think he has played better in the games since then but he has a bit more to learn before he overtakes Roberto in defense and attack. Also I think Roberto plays at home more because of his better attacking ability, positioning and because he is better one on one for when we get countered
Going to edit my post a bit.

I think Roberto thrives defensively in a system which we've seen vs Real that requires good coverage which he got. In a system which requires more individually from a player in defensive situations, he will struggle a lot no doubt.

Valverde has done a good job in trying to cover up what flaws Roberto has no doubt.

Last edited:

underoath

Banned
Semedo has to start against Liverpool. Mané will shred Roberto to pieces.

That's what they said against the RM teenager, Semedo is a good 1v1. He committed to much closing in, then got burned. His position sometimes is the problem, if Barca planning a 442 Roberto will most likely play

underoath

Banned
[youtube]https://youtu.be/kH6NLuX6cmY[/youtube]

Stop making excuses he got the helped, he was roasted badly because of his positioning/defending he thought speed will much speed. Pique is slow and yet defending better

Home of Barca Fans