Nelson Semedo

MTL_Barca

If he wants to leave i wouldn't be against it tbh, but knowing the board they would probably include him as a 30M player as part of the Griezmann deal and then don't sign a replacement.

Wague isn't a bad prospect but with Valverde we all know it'll end up as Roberto starting 95% of games and i don't want to see that at all.

xXKonan

[tw]1147256477482180609[/tw]

Atletico wants Semedo badly but we refuse to enter him with the Griezmann deal and Mendes wants to take Semedo to Atletico and proposes Cancelo to us.

Considering how much Juve wants for him yeah good luck. We won't spend 55 Million euros on a Fullback.

xXKonan

If Cancelo had a reasonable price it could work. But in reality that isn't the case and the club will probably laugh at the idea of spending 55-60 Million on him.

Androutsos

We shouldn't spend that much on Cancelo either... Juve don't even want him. 40m + 15m future Balon clause like Gomes lol

xXKonan

Miguel Rico says we told Atletico no and we apparently also turned down two offers from EPL clubs for him as well.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
55m for Cancelo is a fair prize in this market, he is a top 3-5 RB in the world. Would be an instant upgrade over both Roberto and Semedo.

Leo_Messi

I would have no trouble whatsoever with selling Semedo if we would get at least €40 million for him and the club would buy Cancelo or another player of his calibre (offensively) as a replacement.

I have to admit that I had much greater hopes for Semedo when we bought him 2 years ago than what he has shown so far. He is a decent right back but hardly anything more than that and I doubt that anyone here can say that he has lived up to his transfer fee. Let us not forget that he was one of the most expensive right backs in history when we bought him. Not been the preferred choice for Portugal either in the past 2 years. Will turn 26 in a few months time as well. Thus theoretically approaching his prime. The problem is that I can't see him ever being a consistent offensive threat. His offensive contribution to the team and when the team has possession is very limited. Hence why Roberto, who is no right back and awful in defense, is preferred.

Cancelo might not be world class defensively (although he has improved a lot on this front while at Juve) but he is lightyears ahead of Semedo offensively and it would be great to have 2 equally great offensive full backs in Alba and Cancelo as tactical options. Would help put some life to our right flank that has been non-existent for too long.

Throw Semedo into the Griezmann deal and get a €30-40 million discount from the original €120 million buyout clause and use what we would have used on Griezmann on Cancelo. Pay €10-20 million more if needed.

I rather have Griezmann (now that we are going to buy him regardless) and Cancelo, while spending €10-20 million extra, than Griezmann and Semedo.

Without comparing them directly, Dani Alves was 25 years old in 2008 when we bought him. Similar to Cancelo's current age should we buy him which is very unlikely.

Last edited:

serghei

:facepalm:

What we should have done is sacked Valverde, and actually have a RW for our fullback to work with. Most of the time when Semedo is on the ball there's a big space where his wing partner is supposed to be.

I would personally not sell any young talented players until they get a chance to work with a competent manager.

Anyone bar peak Alves woud be above average at best under this setup with Valverde in charge. Conditions that have to be there for a good performing RB are not there. Other managers would do wonders with Roberto - Semedo as their RB pair.

Guardiola had a sweep in England with Walker and Delph lol.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

:facepalm:

What we should have done is sacked Valverde, and actually have a RW for our fullback to work with. Most of the time when Semedo is on the ball there's a big space where wing his partner is supposed to be.

That is stating the obvious and I wrote about it as early as the autumn of 2017. Warned against appointing Malmierda as well since you mentioned him needing to get sacked.

This thread is about Semedo and I have not been impressed (doubt that anyone has) with his offense contribution to the team or overall level. I rate Cancelo significantly higher and argued why getting him while selling Semedo would help put life into our right flank and make us stronger as a team regardless of what Valverde does unless he would want (theoretically) to bench a €40-50 million right back coming straight from the starting eleven of Juve and Portugal's (beating the same Semedo to the position) national team continuously.

Much like I doubt that Malmierda would bench FDJ a lot despite the obvious incompetence. Nobody would be this dumb to not go with Cancelo (who is way superior to Roberto offensively, probably the best offensive right back in the world - not probably in fact) who is superior to Roberto defensively as well.

Last edited:

serghei

This thread is about Semedo under Valverde. Valverde would totally bench Cancelo for Roberto.

His offensive contribution is limited by the system Valverde is using. Our RW on paper, is not a RW at all in practice. This is extremely limiting for the RB who basically has to do a lot on his own, with no support.

His support is Rakitic (lol), and Messi who's barely ever there to provide a pass wide.

Virtually every RB in the last 10 years except for maybe prime Alves and Maicon circa 2010 would struggle offensively in this setup under this moron. Not saying Semedo is a beast going forward, but he's perfectly acceptable under normal conditions.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

That is stating the obvious and I wrote about it as early as the autumn of 2017. Warned against appointing Malmierda as well since you mentioned him needing to get sacked.

This thread is about Semedo and I have not been impressed (doubt that anyone has) with his offense contribution to the team or overall level. I rate Cancelo significantly higher and argued why getting him while selling Semedo would help put life into our right flank and make us stronger as a team regardless of what Valverde does unless he would want (theoretically) to bench a €40-50 million right back coming straight from the starting eleven of Juve and Portugal's (beating the same Semedo to the position) national team continuously.

Much like I doubt that Malmierda would bench FDJ a lot despite the obvious incompetence. Nobody would be this dumb to not go with Cancelo (who is way superior to Roberto offensively, probably the best offensive right back in the world - not probably in fact) who is superior to Roberto defensively as well.

Not buying any of them are better than TAA or Carvajal or Walker as all around players.

I think I would take Canelo in and Semedo out--but it must it would have its risks or Juv wouldn't be wanting to move on from him, or we give Semedo another year to cement his place. Either way I don't think RB is a prime area of need, it is only an opp if there is the right great player out there. It was Jordi Alba more than anyone ended our season. Get someone like Felipe Luis to give Alba more of a rest and a little more tougher character defensively when we need to better grind a lead, and I our full backs are settled.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Not buying any of them are better than TAA or Carvajal or Walker as all around players.

I think I would take Canelo in and Semedo out--but it must it would have its risks or Juv wouldn't be wanting to move on from him, or we give Semedo another year to cement his place. Either way I don't think RB is a prime area of need, it is only an opp if there is the right great player out there. It was Jordi Alba more than anyone ended our season. Get someone like Felipe Luis to give Alba more of a rest and a little more tougher character defensively when we need to better grind a lead, and I our full backs are settled.

Wait a second, who mentioned anything about Cancelo or anyone else for that matter, being the best overall right back? In any case, I don't think that either of those 3 that you mentioned are better offensively than Cancelo. Maybe with the exception of Trent Alexander-Arnold.

The RB position is not the most pressing need but if we could replace either of Semedo or Roberto with a better player with minimal costs, I would obviously not be against it.

You seem to agree if replacing Semedo with Cancelo was an option.

Likewise I would part ways with Umtiti in an instance and pay the extra to get de Lift in return. Likewise sell Coutinho and pay that little extra to get Griezmann. Rather than stupidly chasing Neymar.

In an ideal world I would get rid of either Rakitic or Busquets (Rakitic more likely and easier to replace) and buy another midfielder as well in the mould of Fabián Ruiz or Kai Havertz.

Home of Barca Fans