Nelson Semedo

raki

To shine in the PT league doesnt mean shit. Danilo was a powerhouse and look at him in madrid.
Gaitan was the best player in the league. Jackson the best striker. Mangala a beast as defender. Alex Sandro surprised us. He turned out to be a monster after a year settling with Evra. Sanches was a bust for Bayern.

A player who shines in my league? Not impressed. Mendes keeps making a fool of many clubs.

klik

To shine in the PT league doesnt mean shit. Danilo was a powerhouse and look at him in madrid.
Gaitan was the best player in the league. Jackson the best striker. Mangala a beast as defender. Alex Sandro surprised us. He turned out to be a monster after a year settling with Evra. Sanches was a bust for Bayern.

A player who shines in my league? Not impressed. Mendes keeps making a fool of many clubs.

Danilo wasn't a powerhouse here.. Alex Sandro was.

Renato has time...

Gaitan doesn't fit atletico style..

Nelson Semedo is going to be a powerhouse everywhere.. he is insane and underrated. He is smart, technical and has enormous pace.

He is like a Midfilder playing on the right wing.

raki

Danilo wasn't a powerhouse here.. Alex Sandro was.

Renato has time...

Gaitan doesn't fit atletico style..

Nelson Semedo is going to be a powerhouse everywhere.. he is insane and underrated. He is smart, technical and has enormous pace.

He is like a Midfilder playing on the right wing.

Danilo was much better than Alex Sandro. Dont lie. The only thing insane about Semedo is the hype like in 95% of the PT league players.

Guedes was another nutjob in PSG. Mendes keeps fooling everyone. LOL

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Danilo was much better than Alex Sandro. Dont lie. The only thing insane about Semedo is the hype like in 95% of the PT league players.

Guedes was another nutjob in PSG. Mendes keeps fooling everyone. LOL

Danilo rarely actually ever impressed me from the Porto games I watched and the supposedly amazing highlights he was supposed to have. Didn't stand out technically or seem that intelligent. Just running, thumping in crosses, etc. Not even seemingly compatible with Barca's style of play. Semedo has different qualities and very clearly shows that what he excels at is what we need in a RB. He's also impressed against the likes of Dortmund, Porto, Sporting, Napoli, etc.

You can name players that came out of Portugal and failed, though there are plenty that have done well. James, Sandro, Oblak, etc. are examples. Renato?? Really?? He's still a teenager and has had one season at Bayern with very little playing time, after a very impressive Euro tournament. His resume still exceeds most players of his age and there's almost no way you can classify him as a bust already.

The Portuguese league isn't the best but simply playing there doesn't disqualify a player. You want Bellerin just because he played in the EPL? That's ridiculous. I'd rather take a player that has proven to be a sensation in the Portuguese league than one who has proven to be a bum in England. Especially when you can simply look at Semedo with your own two eyes and evaluate his skillset to see VERY CLEARLY the skills that he shows in abundance that Bellerin always seems to lack when he plays.

khaled_a_d

Am I missing something? Raki didn't talk about Bellerin. And he dislike Semedo and he is Portuguese.
though I would like for him to present more detailed opinion rather than just saying @he isn't Barca level@

raki

All the press here in Portugal is saying that Barça has won the race to United for Semedo. Mendes is taking care of the deal. No values were disclosed.

xXKonan

According to Abola, we are in advanced negotiations with Benfica for Semedo.

after the transfer of Ederson to the Man. City for € 40 million, Benfica will quickly resolve the situation of Nélson Semedo.

BOLA announces this Thursday that the incarnates are already in advanced negotiations with Barcelona and the process will be accelerated in the coming days. As happened in the case of the goalkeeper, it will be the businessman Jorge Mendes to have this file in hand.

The SAD of the incarnations expects to be able to bill a new millionaire sale, which would take the right-hand side to be at the top of the list of the biggest sales of the club.

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=675246

*crappy translation by google*

xXKonan

How reliable are the Portuguese press?
I have no idea how it is in regards to us but in regards to United, it's mostly a miss big time. I find it strange the Catalan media hasn't reported our severe interest in Semedo other than him being another option.

But I see this like the Lemos thing last season where none of the Catalan media picked it up until a local news site in the canary Islands did.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Am I missing something? Raki didn't talk about Bellerin. And he dislike Semedo and he is Portuguese.
though I would like for him to present more detailed opinion rather than just saying @he isn't Barca level@

He defended Bellerin in his thread IIRC, saying the alternative of Semedo is bad because Mendes/Portuguese league and all that. Again, my stance is that you simply can't count a player out because of the league they play in, especially when they seem to pass almost every other qualification with flying colors and have a record of playing well against somewhat bigger teams and CL opponents.

How reliable are the Portuguese press?

O Jogo is the newspaper that linked Semedo and Lindelof to United, saying that Benfica's president was on his way to England to negotiate the sale. A Bola is the newspaper that has twice now reported on advancing negotiations between Barca and Semedo, along with Record, another Portuguese newspaper. O Jogo is based in Porto and doesn't seem to be all that reliable with Benfica/Lisbon related rumors. I especially don't trust United rumors since there's been an abundance of stories saying they're about to get Bernardo Silva, James, Griezmann, etc. Basically everyone gets linked to United and it's a lot of smoke. A Bola is, however, actually based in Lisbon and has ties to Benfica. From what I looked up, they're pretty reliable when it comes to Benfica related news. I also think the foreign media is more accurate with Barca transfers recently than Catalan media. French media broke Umtiti and now report on Seri, Portuguese media pushing Semedo while Catalan media go on about Bellerin and Azplicueta. I guess we'll confirm who was right and who was bullshitting once the RB transfer is actually announced.

xXKonan

This move makes more sense now that I think about it more. I think Robert's first choices were Bellerin and Cancelo, the former will likely not leave due to wenger renewing and he will cost a lot of money and the latter had a terrible season at Valencia and had some attitude issues.

Frankly out of the three I would rather take a risk with Semedo than Cancelo and Bellerin. Cancelo is talented no doubt but questions of his mental strength and defensive awareness have raised a lot of doubts. with Bellerin, I feel he just doesn't have enough in his game to justify the crazy amount of money Arsenal would want. Semedo, he's raw no doubt but I feel like he has more potential in his all around game than Bellerin and Cancelo.

Robert and Mendes have a good relationship, and it wouldn't be surprising if Semedo ends up being our number one RB choice. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

xXKonan

wdiag.jpg

Not the biggest photo but here's Abola's front cover.

Sounds like he's going to be expensive.

Home of Barca Fans