Nelson Semedo

khaled_a_d

Porto players are also hyped. Look at amount of transfers PT clubs do at the expense of richer clubs and see how many true great players have proved their value. Only a few from dozens. Grimaldo was a hit in our shitty league. Should barça buy him too?
Bas Dost scored 31 goals so far. Get him.

Ok,you replied to his joke and didn't answer the question :lol:
Seriously though,I would want to hear an insightful opinion about him.

xXKonan

We have been linked with three Portuguese RB's in Soares,Semedo and Cancelo. From what I've seen of Soares, he's unremarkable for the most part. Cancelo, everyone knows about his problems. and Semedo, admittedly I don't watch him much but he's rated higher than Cancelo.

Messi983

I didn't watch Semedo enough to fairly judge him and I don't like to evaluate players only based on youtube highlights because they usually don't show players weaknesses. He could be great or he could fail at the next level, we just don't know. We'll have to take a bit of risk with whichever RB we'll buy because there are no proven young worldclass RBs available on the market. Hopefully we'll get the right one.

xXKonan

1494542377207.jpg

Tidbit on the right corner says we contacted Semedo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tidbit on the right corner says we contacted Semedo.

I like this.

We potentially face competition from the likes of Man Utd and Bayern too actually if Bild and Kicker are to be believed.

So I hope we make a move for either him or Fabinho and forget Bellerin exists.

He's a skillful player, fast, commits to defending. Sometimes have lapses defensively and can improve though, but certainly better than Bellerin and Cancelo. I find him to be similar to Marcelo playing-style wise.

Had one great game against Dortmund and a bad one in the return leg, but there are really no certified great RB we can sign out there. Fabinho might be one, but perhaps he likes playing as a midfielder instead and I'm not a big fan of Sidibe.

People might be sceptical due to Danilo coming from Porto, but Danilo was doing well for them and making a name for himself in the CL too. Not many thought he'd flop like that lol

Last edited:

Yannik

everyone these days is looking for RBs. Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Juve, Utd, City, Dortmund the list goes on and on.

xXKonan

Nélson Semedo gains strength in Barcelona

Nélson Semedo may also have made the last game for Benfica at the National Stadium yesterday. The possibility of leaving is increasingly solid and the candidate who gains the greatest strength to get him out of the Light is Barcelona.

As reported on Monday by A BOLA, the Catalans gave clear signs in the last hours to move forward to hire the right-back for 23 years.

The association between the name of the Portuguese international and the Catalan club is not new. For several weeks the interest of the Blaugrana in the 50's of the eagles has been mentioned . The doubt lay in the interest / price relation, that is, how much the Catalans could spend. It is recalled that the winner of the King's Cup was also studying the possibility of advancing to another Portuguese, in the João Cancelo case, Player of Valencia and also with the imprint made in Seixal.

To confirm this scenario, the Bayern hypothesis, a club that closely followed the evolution of Nélson Semedo during the season, falls.

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=674721&fb=1

(using google translate so translation isn't the greatest)

BarçaBarça

If Pep really buys Ederson for 50M €, then they don't need money, and can drop the price on Semedo? Just wishful thinking :lol:

khaled_a_d

Nélson Semedo gains strength in Barcelona

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=674721&fb=1

(using google translate so translation isn't the greatest)

I always thought he is the one we are going for,he looks like Roberto type of signing,Bellerin is more of Zubi's.

If Pep really buys Ederson for 50M €, then they don't need money, and can drop the price on Semedo? Just wishful thinking :lol:

Ederson problem is 3rd party owner,as for Semedo it will depend on his wish,if he tells his club you can only negotiate with Barca like Umtiti last year it will give us the edge to get him on reasonable price. If he is open to move to any club and one of Manu or Bayern going for him it will be difficult

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
A Bola and Record, both Lisbon based newspapers, have reported that we're pushing for him now. I pray we get him. Benfica rate him as one of, if not the best players of their successful season. Looks fantastic going forward, read that he has 12 assists this season in all comps as a RB along with 2 goals. He looks intelligent, creative, and seems to have all the right tools. Unlike Bellerin, this seems like a player that's ready to perform and fit in well for us and doesn't require radical development to be up to par.

At 23 he's still fairly young, younger than we got Alves. If he fulfills his potential we could be set for years at RB with a great player. I really can't say the same for Bellerin/Cancelo. Robert needs to clutch out here and make the right choice, I'll be very impressed with him if he strikes great deals like these over the summer.

JamDav1982

Been a lot of full backs that come out of Portugal from the bigger teams and look amazing but fall away.

Must be down to way their teams play and dominate so much the ball.

Not saying he is a dud but always a bit wary of defenders those attacking full backs from Portugal that seem to appear every couple of years.

gasgas

His highlights are better than Bellerin's
I like him from the highlights, looks a smart technical player who can tackle
If we are getting him then good
All the best Semedo :wub:

Home of Barca Fans