Nelson Semedo

henias

Gomes was scapegoat of last season, just as Rakitic and Suarez were scapegoats beginning of this season. Considering the fact he has only played something like 500 minutes this season, which is less than 6 full games, it is totally unproportional. He is trashed if he is playing or not. He is target for bitter, trashy fans like you, who cannot live a day without trying to be critical and negative about something within the squad. Also people who have a tendency to overreact and exaggerate to the max.

Your make it sound like I have been defending him for ages. Well not really, he was awful last season and I have repeatedly stated the same. If praising someone equals noticing that player has more confidence and has improved (although the base level to from improve was horrible), then you have no clue what praising is.

Me shitting on Semedo? Where exactly? My question was why he is treated differently compared to other players, who after a few bad performances are usually considered worthless and to be sold here. Still to this day, the only response i get is "he has low confidence because he has been benched alot". Well guess what, he has played close to 1300 minutes already this season and has shown nothing after first couple of good games. So my question remains, why are some people so confident, he can come around? He doesnt seem on same mental level with squad, he does not really have that good connection with anyone and he seems not the most intelligent player as well.

I would be absolutely pleased if he came around and became a good player for us. I am a fan of this club and its players and i wish that for every single player. That also means that treating players biased is just not okey for me.

And when did I say he has low confidence because he is benched alot? Of course, everything comes with experience, which is why I said give him a season or two before writing him off. The fact that Semedo seems scared to even go forward as compared to his deameanor at the start of the season is evident enough to tell he has some confidence issue.

The reason players like Suarez is treated differently because of age and injury accumulation. Considering how terrible he was at the start of the season, notably his fitness levels and terrible finishing. Rakitic surely wasnt as effective as he was before, which is why he was shifted as a double pivot alongside Busquets and where he is way more comfortable in that.

Semedo is a new player, same as Deulofeu, like I said Deulofeu ultimately is still a winger who needs to be more creative and unpredictable compared to Semedo who is still a RB whose position still encapsulates the emphasis on defence, considering how terrible we were defensively against Madrid in the SuperCopa.

Semedo isnt playing consistently, as compared to the starters, and he was benched 2 games before the Atletico game, 3 matches after. And basically was just playing UCL against Olympiacos and the likes and when UCL ended, his appearances lessened even more. Key word here is consistent game time, not the accumulation of it.

I cant believe till now after countless explanations you are still on the topic of scapegoats and trash talking.

I still wouldnt write him off considering he showed vast potential as a natural RB even though I know FBs in Barcelona can be quite demanding. He can definitely improve if he grinds weekly and get some chemistry and fluidity in his play.

LeeRomeno

And when did I say he has low confidence because he is benched alot? Of course, everything comes with experience, which is why I said give him a season or two before writing him off. The fact that Semedo seems scared to even go forward as compared to his deameanor at the start of the season is evident enough to tell he has some confidence issue.

The reason players like Suarez is treated differently because of age and injury accumulation. Considering how terrible he was at the start of the season, notably his fitness levels and terrible finishing. Rakitic surely wasnt as effective as he was before, which is why he was shifted as a double pivot alongside Busquets and where he is way more comfortable in that.

Semedo is a new player, same as Deulofeu, like I said Deulofeu ultimately is still a winger who needs to be more creative and unpredictable compared to Semedo who is still a RB whose position still encapsulates the emphasis on defence, considering how terrible we were defensively against Madrid in the SuperCopa.

Semedo isnt playing consistently, as compared to the starters, and he was benched 2 games before the Atletico game, 3 matches after. And basically was just playing UCL against Olympiacos and the likes and when UCL ended, his appearances lessened even more. Key word here is consistent game time, not the accumulation of it.

I cant believe till now after countless explanations you are still on the topic of scapegoats and trash talking.

I still wouldnt write him off considering he showed vast potential as a natural RB even though I know FBs in Barcelona can be quite demanding. He can definitely improve if he grinds weekly and get some chemistry and fluidity in his play.

Rofl, thank you for at least putting an effort this time, much appreciated. I am all for giving chances to players, never said he should be sold right away, then again, its mid-february soon and he seems to be now pretty much permanently second choice RB, playing when S.Roberto needs rest.
Suarez and Rakitic (Suarez being off form in the beginning of season is never really an opinion, but fact, different case with Rakitic though) were almost always personally targeted for long period of time. While Luchos last season trying to find scapegoat was logical thing to do (well we were not doing great and people need a simple answer why), this season, due to us actually having one of the greatest seasons against any odds, this tells me, that critically minded people just needed a target.
As for Semedo and Deulo and others, while Semedo is excused for not playing many games in a row, what exactly should players like Digne, Paco, Gomes, Denis, Deulofeu and other benchers be not allowed the same treatment? Do not get the difference really.
Countless explanations on what exactly? I do no think this topic has been discussed at all on this forum.

And i wouldnt also write him off, dont see any reason to write any of our players off, unless there are obvious reasons or coach freezing them out of team.

God Serena

Complete random again. Comparing 2 players is not comparing apples to oranges. 2 players, both signed this summer, both had good start of season and both performances dropped. Once is considered never good enough for squad and happy to be loaned out, another "low on confidence because he is benched often".

But that's not your original argument. I believe your exact words were something along the lines of "Defenders figured them out". I guess any time a player has a dip in form it's because they're found out by opposing defenses, fuck every other factor that may be related to that, including their position. Suarez missing sitters and putting in constantly poor games? FOUND OUT! Busquets misplacing passes and holding the ball too long in dangerous areas? FOUND OUT! Mats freezing on his touchline when the striker mishits his shot? FOUND OUT!

Honestly, do you even know how to form a logical argument or are your delusions so strong that you don't even remember what it is you yourself said?

I am arguing on this forum and no, where did I say that i believe in forum opinion, infact, what i am doing now is questioning the forum opinion about this. As for form, just read some ratings then if forum opinion is not enough. Here let me give you a hint,
Here are Deulos ratings from whoscored:
7.28; 7.31; 7.31; 6.2; 7.46; 6.54; 7.22; 7.44, then after never above 7 again.
Here are Semedos: 7.17; 6.99; 7.74; 7.99; 7; after that in 14 games, he has been above 7 3 times, most of ratings around 6.6

But what does this have to do with defenders finding Semedo out? You still have yet to explain this. You do realize Semedo is a defender, right? A defender who even when he was pulling those 7+ ratings was never excelling going forward. I would ask if you watch the games but you clearly aren't even looking at the stats, Semedo has been woeful going forward with the exception of a few moments every here and there.

So, how exactly are the circumstances 100% different? Care to explain? Havent so far, only thing you do is insult, while being alongside this henias dude the guy with quite possibly the worst football understanding.

My football understanding is so poor, but you're the one who thinks a winger and a fullback both receive their match rating based entirely on how effective they are in the opposing final third. Right.

Here is quote from you in Deulofeu thread early in the season.

Okay? I've said numerous times now I was wrong about Deulofeu. If you're going to quote mine at least find something better. What does that have to do with anything? You think it means I'm wrong about Semedo, too? Can you even tell me what my opinion on him is? I'd love to see this.

You call me deluded? Fcking idiot

You're like the little kid crying because someone threw rocks at him, as he throws rocks. But that pretty much sums you up, but at least the kid is probably less of a deluded fool.

LeeRomeno

Lets see now:
But that's not your original argument. I believe your exact words were something along the lines of "Defenders figured them out". I guess any time a player has a dip in form it's because they're found out by opposing defenses, fuck every other factor that may be related to that, including their position. Suarez missing sitters and putting in constantly poor games? FOUND OUT! Busquets misplacing passes and holding the ball too long in dangerous areas? FOUND OUT! Mats freezing on his touchline when the striker mishits his shot? FOUND OUT!

Honestly, do you even know how to form a logical argument or are your delusions so strong that you don't even remember what it is you yourself said?.

Actually my quote was this:
Do i understand correctly, that if Deulofeu has a good start of season and then gradually declines and gets sent out on loan, the common understanding is that he is not good enough and he is only good until opposition defense learns how to play against him.
If Semedo on the other hand has a good start of season and then gradually declines, it is still matter of "confidence" or any other bs excuse, but no way in hell it cannot be true that maybe he just is not cut out to be Barca starter and opposition defense has found out how to play against him?

Are you a horse on a racing track with eyepads that you only pick up 1 detail from entire quote and start rambling around it? But sure let me rephrase it: "maybe opposition has found out how to play against him". Still apples and oranges? So I remember quite well what i said and Barcelona FBs attack more or less as much as wingers, so they are very bad in opposition half, it means they are also in wrong team.

But what does this have to do with defenders finding Semedo out? You still have yet to explain this. You do realize Semedo is a defender, right? A defender who even when he was pulling those 7+ ratings was never excelling going forward. I would ask if you watch the games but you clearly aren't even looking at the stats, Semedo has been woeful going forward with the exception of a few moments every here and there.

horsey horsey, try to look beyond the eyepads

My football understanding is so poor, but you're the one who thinks a winger and a fullback both receive their match rating based entirely on how effective they are in the opposing final third. Right.

Yes, thats was exactly what i think rofl :facepalm1: amazing.

Okay? I've said numerous times now I was wrong about Deulofeu. If you're going to quote mine at least find something better. What does that have to do with anything? You think it means I'm wrong about Semedo, too? Can you even tell me what my opinion on him is? I'd love to see this.

I have absolutely 0 interest in your opinion about Semedo, as i would have better chances finding out if he will make it if i flip a coin than care about your opinion.

You're like the little kid crying because someone threw rocks at him, as he throws rocks. But that pretty much sums you up, but at least the kid is probably less of a deluded fool.

Rofl what kind of rocks was i throwing lol, i was asking a question lol.

BusiTheKing

You guys think he's fitting in socially in the squad? He always seems to walk around alone in trainings and rarely speaks with anyone. Might be affecting him on the field. Maybe he can get a wild-card in the newly formed french clique alongside Digne, Umtiti and Dembele.

Horatio

You're welcome
You guys think he's fitting in socially in the squad? He always seems to walk around alone in trainings and rarely speaks with anyone. Might be affecting him on the field. Maybe he can get a wild-card in the newly formed french clique alongside Digne, Umtiti and Dembele.

He seems like a quiet dude in general. Not sure if would be different playing for another club. He did seem happy during the last training session.

henias

Rofl, thank you for at least putting an effort this time, much appreciated. I am all for giving chances to players, never said he should be sold right away, then again, its mid-february soon and he seems to be now pretty much permanently second choice RB, playing when S.Roberto needs rest.
Suarez and Rakitic (Suarez being off form in the beginning of season is never really an opinion, but fact, different case with Rakitic though) were almost always personally targeted for long period of time. While Luchos last season trying to find scapegoat was logical thing to do (well we were not doing great and people need a simple answer why), this season, due to us actually having one of the greatest seasons against any odds, this tells me, that critically minded people just needed a target.
As for Semedo and Deulo and others, while Semedo is excused for not playing many games in a row, what exactly should players like Digne, Paco, Gomes, Denis, Deulofeu and other benchers be not allowed the same treatment? Do not get the difference really.
Countless explanations on what exactly? I do no think this topic has been discussed at all on this forum.

And i wouldnt also write him off, dont see any reason to write any of our players off, unless there are obvious reasons or coach freezing them out of team.

Semedo was showing great potential at the start, none of the benchers showed that, I already said it. Mental capacity can definitely be improved with consistent game time because he seemed to lack in fluidity and connection with the team.

"never been discussed at all"? You're a joke really. Your whole post history revolves around it.

Same treatment of what exactly? If there's same treatment in the first place, Suarez would be benched straight from the start. No he didnt, so why the fck are u complaining? All I said is for Semedo to have a more consistent game time and to let him get grind with the team after a season or two. Get a grip.

God Serena

Lets see now:

Actually my quote was this:

Are you a horse on a racing track with eyepads that you only pick up 1 detail from entire quote and start rambling around it? But sure let me rephrase it: "maybe opposition has found out how to play against him". Still apples and oranges? So I remember quite well what i said and Barcelona FBs attack more or less as much as wingers, so they are very bad in opposition half, it means they are also in wrong team.

Ah, so you're going to pull the "My words don't matter" card now? I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Amusing to see you still trying to stick by them regardless, though. You should probably try to pick one.

I've been saying from the beginning that Semedo wasn't good going forward. Whether he's on the right team or not I couldn't care less, but your argument that he's been found out by opposing defenses the way Deulofeu was is flat out wrong, as it suggests he was doing well in the opposing half early on, which his stats and position in the team clearly contradict.

horsey horsey, try to look beyond the eyepads

If you're going to plug your ears and pretend you didn't mean what you said, at least stop being so deluded to blame it on me.

Yes, thats was exactly what i think rofl :facepalm1: amazing.

Just trying to give some logic to the idiotic things you're saying, comparing the match ratings of a fullback and a winger and drawing the conclusion that both of them have correlating data because they've both declined offensively. Although I guess you're trying to pretend that's not what you were saying at all, even though you even went as far as to quote yourself where you made the initial statement... :rolleyes:

I have absolutely 0 interest in your opinion about Semedo, as i would have better chances finding out if he will make it if i flip a coin than care about your opinion.

And yet, here you are, desperately trying to argue your deluded opinions.

Rofl what kind of rocks was i throwing lol, i was asking a question lol.

You cry like a little girl about me insulting you yet you sling just as many insults. No "Question" anywhere to be seen. Unless you're talking about your initial post, but I don't know if you want to acknowledge anything you said there or not.

cro-man

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-x86MibjWo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its just a vid but still some good moments here and there from him. I do see potential in him turning into a brilliant rb. He is fast he is a good defender has the skills and technique to succeed upfront too. Maybe i am wrong on this but i always do have a feeling he can do much much better. Lets give him some time its his first year.

JamDav1982

Think him being good defensively is being over played to make up for him showing so little going forward.

He has shown good pace but some of his decisions and positioning defensively have been poor and on a number of occasions has used that pace to make up for his own poor play anyway.

Needs to start showing more soon or wouldnt be surprised if Barca look for another RB this summer.

FCBfan22

Think him being good defensively is being over played to make up for him showing so little going forward.

He has shown good pace but some of his decisions and positioning defensively have been poor and on a number of occasions has used that pace to make up for his own poor play anyway.

Needs to start showing more soon or wouldnt be surprised if Barca look for another RB this summer.

Well, I still think that he is a better backup option to Roberto than Digne is to Alba. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Digne in the summer and look for a LB backup option, who can also play RB if needed. That would pressure Semedo into performing. I still want to see more of Semedo-Roberto on the right side, but now with Dembouz back, that will happen even less, considering that Paulinho and Vidal will also need some game time.

Home of Barca Fans