Nelson Semedo

LeeRomeno

I think he did really well defensively, kept taking ball from Vinicius and really did not let his man get pass him.

LABarcaFan

It is obvious that Semedo has changed as of lately. He is better defensively, makes fast drills from the flank and does cover for G.Pique when the last is at the opponents penalty box !!!

mc_lovin

This guy is the least of our problems.

Braindead decision if we ever sell him

Semedo is a placeholder at best. He should be so much better, he has the pace and technical ability, but somehow hes not as good as he should be. If you watch Alphonso Davies for example and compare them you might want to cry. And he has no apparent leadership qualities either. The Lenglet of fullbacks.

If we can struck a deal with Betis for Emerson and use the cash from Semedo for Upamecaono*, Ferran Torres or a player like Camavinga we are so much better off.

*My wet dream would still be De Ligt though.

Andresito

Staff member
RB is a non-priority now. Let Emerson develop another year and get him for free next season. Clubs won't bid a lot for Semedo now anyway.

Only way I'd trade Semedo for Emerson this summer is if we get a 50M bid for Semedo, which is unlikely.

Sailor Mars

Cancelo isn't known for his defense at all. Going to be interesting to watch our right side with Messi not tracking back, slow midfielders like Busquets, and slow CBs.

Catta

Why would we get Cancelo, there is a reason why Juve let him go, and why City would do the same. That guy is good only in a team that plays with 3 CB.

Semedo should stay, he can go only if we can get around 50mil, and buy Upamecano with the money, not Neymar.

khaled_a_d

I don't like Semedo and I think he is the most overrated player in our current squad (by Barca fans at least) but Cancelo is just even worse option.
He isn't really a fighter and can be the worst defensive option you have for a full back

serghei

I think Semedo is not overrated and is a top RB in a period where outside Alexander Arnold nobody is that great as to be a clear improvement over Nelson.

In other words, we should stop worrying about positions which are filled with top young players. Not with the situations in the winger positions, at no9 or even in central defense.

serghei

Btw, I thought the idea is to bring in strong, fast, hard working and resilient players, not sell the few ones we have :lol:.

Home of Barca Fans