Nelson Semedo

serghei

If Semedo is sold yes they will sign a new RB.

If Firpo is sold they will replace him and not rely on starting RB as cover at LB.

They can sell Semedo and still raise money even id sign another RB.

It doesn't matter if Firpo is sold or not. We need a LB who can fill in for Alba and do a decent job defensively. You can't rely on Firpo alone if Alba is out injured.

Even if he is not a natural LB, Semedo can do a decent job there. Firpo can't and will be eaten alive vs a top opponent.

JamDav1982

It doesn't matter if Firpo is sold or not. We need a LB who can fill in for Alba and do a decent job defensively. You can't rely on Firpo alone if Alba is out injured.

In terms of planning he will be the back up LB if stays.

They wont plan to sign a starting RB to then cover Alba if injured.

Firpo is better LB than Semedo anyway or just about any of these mythical dual full backs you are dreaming of.

serghei

In terms of planning he will be the back up LB if stays.

They wont plan to sign a starting RB to then cover Alba if injured.

Firpo is better LB than Semedo anyway or just about any of these mythical dual full backs you are dreaming of.

Yea, on your planet. On my planet, I'd have Semedo on Mbappe than Firpo.

serghei

Sign a back up LB then who think is better than Firpo.

Your scenario has Semedo getting ripped to bits on one side and Neymar v Roberto on other.

Great planning that.

You make no sense. You have spent this whole time saying Semedo is average and now you're so worried that Semedo doesn't start at RB vs PSG? :lol:

While I said I think Semedo and Roberto are close. And it makes perfect sense to use Semedo as LB if Alba is out, to avoid playing Firpo. Firpo is a defensive liability. I don't know how you can not see that.

Two good players on the wings are better than a very good one and a crap one. Because teams usually exploit the weak spots in your line-up. Playing Firpo in a top game is basically an open invitation to insist there in attack.

What you don't want is a player who is nervous as hell in defense, defending against tier 1 players. That's the worst case scenario, and it seems you're fine with that.

JamDav1982

You make no sense. You have spent this whole time saying Semedo is average and now you're so worried that Semedo doesn't start at RB vs PSG? :lol:

While I said I think Semedo and Roberto are close. And it makes perfect sense to use Semedo as LB if Alba is out, to avoid playing Firpo. Firpo is a defensive liability. I don't know how you can not see that.

Two good players on the wings are better than a very good one and a crap one. Because teams usually exploit the weak spots in your line-up. Playing Firpo in a top game is basically an open invitation to insist there in attack.

What you don't want is a player who is nervous as hell in defense, defending against tier 1 players. That's the worst case scenario, and it seems you're fine with that.

No I am saying in your scenario where you think Semedo should be the starting RB and you dont rate Roberto defensively that is great planning.

Against Neymar I wouldnt mind Semedo over Roberto anyway as think Barca would have to change approach v that front line.

Again we are talking about planning for next season. Not what should happen this season. I said there are times Semedo could play LB if the management think Firpo is not cutting it and looks nervous. No issue with that.

But it is absolutely not what the club will plan to do if Firpo deemed not good enough next season. They will look for a new back up LB or someone that can cove that is not a starter.

While if Semedo goes a RB will be signed to play RB.

serghei

No I am saying in your scenario where you think Semedo should be the starting RB and you dont rate Roberto defensively that is great planning.

Against Neymar I wouldnt mind Semedo over Roberto anyway as think Barca would have to change approach v that front line.

Again we are talking about planning for next season. Not what should happen this season. I said there are times Semedo could play LB if the management think Firpo is not cutting it and looks nervous. No issue with that.

But it is absolutely not what the club will plan to do if Firpo deemed not good enough next season.

I already told you, the comparison is with Firpo. In comparison with Firpo, Roberto is actually decent defensively.

For next season there is zero chance the board sign a decent LB and a good RB if Semedo is sold. A not so great defense will be even more shit because the board want their new Galactico signing up front at all costs.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I already told you, the comparison is with Firpo. In comparison with Firpo, Roberto is actually decent defensively.

For next season there is zero chance the board sign a decent LB and a good RB if Semedo is sold.

Again I told you we are talking about how the club will plan for next season.

Firpo will be there as back up or player to cover LB will be brought in. It wont be planned that any RB takes that role.

serghei

Again I told you we are talking about how the club will plan for next season.

Firpo will be there as back up or player to cover LB will be brought in. It wont be planned that any RB takes that role.

I don't know about you, but I'm writing what is good for the team, not what these idiots do. I already said multiple times that these guys are incompetent at managing this squad in my opinion.

JamDav1982

I don't know about you, but I'm writing what is good for the team, not what these idiots do. I already said multiple times that these guys are incompetent at managing this squad in my opinion.

Not even sure what that even means.

You are describing what is terrible for team in your scenario.

serghei

Not even sure what that even means.

You are describing what is terrible for team in your scenario.

What is terrible for the team would be to sell Semedo and bring a worse player than him for RB, and somebody who couldn't be able to fill in for Alba in need.

JamDav1982

What is terrible for the team would be to sell Semedo and bring a worse player than him for RB, and somebody who couldn't be able to fill in for Alba in need.

Semedo cant play LB. If the issue is they they think Firpo is not good enough they need to sign a new back up.

Makes zero sense to have starting RB as back up LB and will never happen.

Selling Semedo is not terrible for this team. He is average, wants to leave and would have a year left on contract next season as well as more fees to come for appearances.

You said there is very little between him and Roberto so take the money and buy a back up for Roberto and if think need more cover at LB get it.

serghei

Semedo cant play LB. If the issue is they they think Firpo is not good enough they need to sign a new back up.

Makes zero sense to have starting RB as back up LB and will never happen.

Selling Semedo is not terrible for this team. He is average, wants to leave and would have a year left on contract next season as well as more fees to come for appearances.

You said there is very little between him and Roberto so take the money and buy a back up for Roberto and if think need more cover at LB get it.

It's a fallback plan. It's good to have decent options for when injuries, suspensions happen. Having a fullback who can play on the opposite flank and do a decent job can't hurt. It's unreasonable to expect a LB to be signed.

Sure, but I doubt these guys would sign a better player than Semedo. Or at least someone as good. It's better that these clowns to as little changes as possible to not fuck up more things, before the new board comes in.

JamDav1982

It's a fallback plan. It's good to have decent options for when injuries, suspensions happen. Having a fullback who can play on the opposite flank and do a decent job can't hurt. It's unreasonable to expect a LB to be signed.

Sure, but I doubt these guys would sign a better player than Semedo. Or at least someone as good. It's better that these clowns to as little changes as possible to not fuck up more things, before the new board comes in.

It is not a fall back plan it is terrible.

You dont plan for the starting RB to cover for the starting LB if injured and at Albas age that is increasingly likely.

Even if that RB was equally adept at LB it is terrible let alone someone out of position that never plays LB like Semedo. It is like claiming dont wide player as back up as Roberto has played there before.

Why would they need to have a RB as good as Semedo? If that player is to be a back up and cost less than 40m?

Home of Barca Fans