Nelson Semedo

clemente

He had garbage game but why was he in a position where he was on the spot to defend the whole game? No movement in midfield, no service to get out of our own half, we put Lahm there and he gets fucked over too, it's a team game, people pointing to a single player are laughable to me.

Alik

He had garbage game but why was he in a position where he was on the spot to defend the whole game? No movement in midfield, no service to get out of our own half, we put Lahm there and he gets fucked over too, it's a team game, people pointing to a single player are laughable to me.

You think Semedo is the single player being pointed at? What forum are you reading?

fergus90

I've never seen a player look so out of his depth than last night, absolutely murdered by Davies. I'm 30 years old and been following Barca since '97 I don't think I remember an individual performance so bad that it actually made me feel sorry for them.

Actually looked like a competition winner out there that won a chance to play for the team.

serghei

:lol: Don't know if you guys noticed, but Semedo, as bad as he was, is the least of our problems. At least he can run and train properly.

We have to part ways with the legends who can't run anymore and are paid tens of millions a year.

The main criteria of decisions has to be the ability to be at the proper fitness state. That's priority 0. You can't have a team that can't run.

So, Semedo will have to do while we have bigger issues to fix before we get to him.

malvolio

:lol: Don't know if you guys noticed, but Semedo, as bad as he was, is the least of our problems. At least he can run and train properly.

We have to part ways with the legends who can't run anymore and are paid tens of millions a year.

The main criteria of decisions has to be the ability to be at the proper fitness state. That's priority 0. You can't have a team that can't run.

So, Semedo will have to do while we have bigger issues to fix before we get to him.

Semedo is not Barca starting material and never will be. We have to get better fullbacks

JamDav1982

We have part ways with the legends who can't run anymore and are paid tens of millions a year.

The main criteria of decisions has to be ability to be at the proper fitness state. That's priority 0. You can't have a team that can't run.

Semedo is terrible and players like him that lack the technical ability need replacing as well.

The starting point should be players that tick both boxes and he doesnt.

Be little if any interest in him either way if trying to move on anyway.

Even if means punting him on loan and taking back Emerson as an alternative Barca need to improve every area can.

Said it before but there are probably ten right back in EPl better than him. No that Barca should sign them but it shows his level. He has nothing to his game but pace.

serghei

Semedo is terrible and players like him that lack the technical ability need replacing as well.

The starting point should be players that tick both boxes and he doesnt.

Be little if any interest in him either way if trying to move on anyway.

Even if means punting him on loan and taking back Emerson as an alternative Barca need to improve every area can.

Said it before but there are probably ten right back in EPl better than him. No that Barca should sign them but it shows his level. He has nothing to his game but pace.

I agree with what is needed, but as you said in some other thread, you need to start with the players who don't cut it physically anymore. Then you can trim the fat and improve on the ones who technically aren't at the level from other standpoint.

It's the smart thing to do right now imo. We need to take it one step at a time.

Replacing him with Emerson is a bad idea. Brings nothing. Emerson is a worse player. Saying there are 10 rightbacks in EPL better than him is gross exaggeration.

Make the decisions to get back proper intensity and speed levels in matches, and grow from that. Semedo is one of the best at that, leaving aside the discussion about his technique, flaws etc. That's the way to approach this.

Last edited:

Messigician

I agree with what is needed, but as you said in some other thread, you need to start with the players who don't cut it physically anymore. Then you can trim the fat and improve on the ones who technically aren't at the level from other standpoint.

It's the smart thing to do right now imo. We need to take it one step at a time.

This bum is the first to go dawg.

Look at Zanetti and Cafu in their twilight years. I will take a 40 year old Zanetti over prime Semedo

JamDav1982

I agree with what is needed, but as you said in some other thread, you need to start with the players who don't cut it physically anymore. Then you can trim the fat and improve on the ones who technically aren't at the level anymore.

They all should be on the block really but as basis a team that can run and has full control of a coach is basic starting point.

Move him on for another player that can run also and job done and doesnt have to impact others leaving.

serghei

They all should be on the block really but as basis a team that can run and has full control of a coach is basic starting point.

Move him on for another player that can run also and job done and doesnt have to impact others leaving.

I can agree with that, as long as we get our priorities in order. You can't do all at once. First you need to get this team playing properly fast and intense football with pressing and passion again. That's fundamental. The quicker the better.

khaled_a_d

We have undeniable need for athletic ability, but Semedo is far from a Barca quality.
He can't attack and defend at same time, he does either but not both.
This slashes the main advantage of athletic fullbacks.
And even when he is in either mode, he lacks the talent to be elite in either.
In defense his positioning is good damn awful and in attack he is very limited in terms of passing.

And to add to this, he is asking for huge pay raise that no club wants to pay for him, in a contract that will last when he is in his 30's, making him a future amigo

JamDav1982

I can agree with that, as long as we get our priorities in order. You can't do all at once.

Dont agree there has to be priorities like that and have him at bottom of some list.

You try to improve every position can and if that means opportunity to replace him have to do it and not hold back as other positions need it also.

Do it all at once if possible. Make as many changes required as can.

serghei

Dont agree there has to be priorities like that and have him at bottom of some list.

You try to improve every position can and if that means opportunity to replace him have to do it and not hold back as other positions need it also.

Do it all at once if possible. Make as many changes required as can.

We won't have the possibility to replace him with someone better, because we lack the funds for it.

Home of Barca Fans