Nelson Semedo

michelco

Dani Alves bossed it for Sevilla so we knew the quality was there. Many players has impressed in the Portugues league and then when ended up in a better leauge they'd show their limits. Buying straight from the Portugues league is always a gamble

Honestly i was already masturbating on Alves perdormances after only first game. Dont try to compare anyone with Dani. He was something special. Right now there isnt any RB in the world that comes close to his prime. He had both deffensive skills, agression and attacking ability of real attacking winger. He could easily play in midfield at that time, because of his amazing playmaking skills. Not to mention his link up with Messi

Wick

Dani Alves bossed it for Sevilla so we knew the quality was there. Many players has impressed in the Portugues league and then when ended up in a better leauge they'd show their limits. Buying straight from the Portugues league is always a gamble

And yet you continue to ignore what I wrote. I assume you're responding to me, even though you lack the common courtesy of quoting, but whatever. Why are you ignoring the current context regarding Semedo? I definitely see what you're saying, but my point wasn't that Semedo is Dani Alves quality. The point is that Dani Alves or Jordi Alba or even Umtiti didn't light the world on fire in his first couple matches, yet Barca saw their quality and knew they could be special for Barca - not Sevilla, Valencia or Lyon. How about we extend Semedo the same fairness and see how he performs when the context favors him? These premature evaluations are annoying.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
So 12 is his official number? I didn't realize squad numbers were released yet for the season?

michelco

And yet you continue to ignore what I wrote. I assume you're responding to me, even though you lack the common courtesy of quoting, but whatever. Why are you ignoring the current context regarding Semedo? I definitely see what you're saying, but my point wasn't that Semedo is Dani Alves quality. The point is that Dani Alves or Jordi Alba or even Umtiti didn't light the world on fire in his first couple matches, yet Barca saw their quality and knew they could be special for Barca - not Sevilla, Valencia or Lyon. How about we extend Semedo the same fairness and see how he performs when the context favors him? These premature evaluations are annoying.

Well, you brought up Dani Alves by saying "How did Dani Alves look in his first couple matches for Barca?". The answer it that he bossed it from the start. And no I didnt quote you because my post wasn't aimed directly to you.. You need to chill down man.

Wick

Well, you brought up Dani Alves by saying "How did Dani Alves look in his first couple matches for Barca?". The answer it that he bossed it from the start. And no I didnt quote you because my post wasn't aimed directly to you.. You need to chill down man.

Your post was definitely aimed at me as you responded right after my initial post and touched on exactly my criticism of the premature Semedo evaluations. Again, you just didn't have the common courtesy to quote.

You still haven't responded to anything I wrote. You're dancing around it. I brought up Dani Alves, and you missed the point, which I then clarified for you. Yet you continue to ignore it and proceed to not make a proper argument. Get a clue.

You need to quit belly-aching and make a constructive and proper argument.

Last edited:

Trickykid

He will need to catch form soon.
I haven't seen him make a single cross so far

Yeah, considering he's already had two WHOLE halfs, it's about god damn time! If he doesn't whip in at least 5 crosses tonight, I say we sell this this very summer!

Jallo

He will need to catch form soon.
I haven't seen him make a single cross so far

It will take at least 6 months for him to figure it out. I think he is hesitant to go forward or take risks because we don't have a winger on his side. He has to get used to that first, him and Rakitic have to do a better job communicating.

jairzinho

Would've thrown in him from the start and see how he fares in this game. Banking on him to revive that left side. I think that incident with Neymar didn't do his confidence any good. And the prick even gets to starts.

Home of Barca Fans