Nelson Semedo

FCBfan22

Shouldn't sell him.

But can happen under Barto:
-We sell Semedo (Our 4th captain needs to play because of bArCa dNa)
-We fail our negotiations with MATS
-We loan Puig (hE nEeDs mInuTes tO DevElop)
-We sell Fati, because we need finances
-We sell Dembele for 30 million because of injuries
-We continue loaning Coutinho with no suitable offer
-We sell Griezmann well under price, because Suarez and Messi are not happy
-De Jong hands in a transfer request

And voila, we need Lenglet and 10 replacement starters in 2022.

JamDav1982

I was watching a video of Barcatalk (youtube channel) and the guy said something interesting. The board seems to put on the transfer list anyone who looks promising/good!! Thus arthur and semedo were put on the list lmao... Im no conspirationist but its easy to make a case for a conspiracy with those fucks above.

That is not the case.

Lenglet, FDJ, Fati etc would not be on the market and would be more sought after than Arthur or Semedo.

Arthur and Semedo were/are on market as underwhelmed and had interest in them.

xXKonan

Kinda funny watching the game and reading reactions after the game in regards to Semedo.

Twitter is the only place I've seen that made it sound like Semedo was garbage vs Atletico.

He isn't perfect but it seems like Barca Twitter loves to make him a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong in the backline.

Guys like Pique can have a disaster class of a game and those guys will still find a way to blame it on Semedo.

Sailor Mars

On a completely different wavelength to our attackers. Offensively he just doesn't bring much. He is a good RB, just never will be world class.

vuji_31

I think Sergino Dest would kill in this games against lower teams.

Semedo is good for games with RM,AM...

HanDW

As i said before, nowhere near close starter material, ever. Offers almost nothing offensively, detrimental to the buildup and is decent but way too overrated defensively.

Last edited:

fergus90

He has good athleticism and speed, but is completely void of any attacking instincts or intelligence on the ball for a club like Barca. Problem is we were blessed with Dani Alves for years, so the drop in quality was always going to be sobering. I'm sure Barca could get a better option than Semedo though.

JamDav1982

He has good athleticism and speed, but is completely void of any attacking instincts or intelligence on the ball for a club like Barca. Problem is we were blessed with Dani Alves for years, so the drop in quality was always going to be sobering. I'm sure Barca could get a better option than Semedo though.

It cant be that hard to find better right backs than Semedo going forward.

There are easily 10 better RBs than him on the ball in EPL alone. Not that they are even standard Barca should be looking at.

Cant see Semedo being sold this summer as most teams have better RBs already and will be little market for him.

serghei

Not that many better RBs than Semedo even going forward. Unfortunately, we have a very poor setup on our right. What we need is someone like Marcelo, Alves, who is as much a winger as a fullback. Those are mega rare.

Richard.H

I don’t really know what to make of him. He is not bad, but assuming a new board comes in and does a squad overhaul, would he be able to keep up with a team that’ll play at a much higher level than this? With a competitive manager and board I’m not sure if they would be satisfied with his performances.

Good against la liga mid table/low sides but will get overrun by Napoli/Bayern wingers

MTL_Barca

I don?t really know what to make of him. He is not bad, but assuming a new board comes in and does a squad overhaul, would he be able to keep up with a team that?ll play at a much higher level than this? With a competitive manager and board I?m not sure if they would be satisfied with his performances.

Good against la liga mid table/low sides but will get overrun by Napoli/Bayern wingers

He's not great but i also think he'd do a lot better playing with an actual RW every week. We won't find another Alves so i'd imagine a lot of RBs having problems in that weird setup, either offensively or defensively.

Givenchy

I don’t really know what to make of him. He is not bad, but assuming a new board comes in and does a squad overhaul, would he be able to keep up with a team that’ll play at a much higher level than this? With a competitive manager and board I’m not sure if they would be satisfied with his performances.

sadly because Messi decides he wants to stand next to Busquets instead of help our RB. I think even Dani Alves himself would struggle in this current format

Home of Barca Fans