Nelson Semedo

Messi983

If City "sells" Cancelo for 40m now they would have around a 12m loss on him. I doubt they can really sell him for more to another club in current market. Maybe would be even better from their standpoint to loan him for a year. If they sell him for 40m next year they wouldn't have any loss on him and if he would play good for us his value could improve. So I think they could actually accept a loan with a buy option for around 40m.

As for Semedo if City would buy him I doubt they would sell him for the next 2-3 years. They have shown loyalty to their aging/older key players over the years so if Semedo would adapt and play well I don't think it's unlikely he would fullfil his contract there. He would still be "only" 32 at the end of his 5 year contract so the same age Aguero is right now (also, D.Silva and Fernandinho are 2-3 years older and still playing a lot). So I doubt Semedo's potential future transfer would really be something they would be too concerned about. They want to win and Semedo would give them better chances for that than Cancelo in their opinion (now an obvious question is why we would consider that swap if that's truly the case?)

JamDav1982

If City "sells" Cancelo for 40m now they would have around a 12m loss on him. I doubt they can really sell him for more to another club in current market. Maybe would be even better from their standpoint to loan him for a year. If they sell him for 40m next year they wouldn't have any loss on him and if he would play good for us his value could improve. So I think they could actually accept a loan with a buy option for around 40m.

As for Semedo if City would buy him I doubt they would sell him for the next 2-3 years. They have shown loyalty to their aging/older key players over the years so if Semedo would adapt and play well I don't think it's unlikely he would fullfil his contract there. He would still be "only" 32 at the end of his 5 year contract so the same age Aguero is right now (also, D.Silva and Fernandinho are 2-3 years older and still playing a lot). So I doubt Semedo's potential future transfer would really be something they would be too concerned about. They want to win and Semedo would give them better chances for that than Cancelo in their opinion (now an obvious question is why we would consider that swap if that's truly the case?)

Barca wont pay over 10m to take Cancelo on loan and cover his wages. City would still be paying for both Cancelo and Semedo.

Cant see it happening.

City have bough Danilo and sold him a year later, bought Cancelo and trying to sell him a year later, if Semedo is not good enough the same can happen.

Andresito

Staff member
How incredibly stupid of him this close to the return.

N?lson Semedo went to a birthday party on Monday in Castelldefels where there were more than 20 people and broke security protocol set by the Spanish Government [deportes cuatro]

Barcelona will do a second coronavirus test on N?lson Semedo after he broke security protocol by attending a birthday party where there were more than 20 people. Semedo will be kept in isolation until the results come in [cat radio, tv3]

EaKgnY-XkAE6Veb

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
His head is clearly elsewhere already. Shame, because I always liked him, but unacceptable to stop caring before the transfer is done.

JamDav1982

The worst part is he risks picking up up covid and spreading in squad.

Couldnt really care less if he is to get it but the risk he puts on squad is completely unacceptable.

Home of Barca Fans