Nelson Semedo

Barcilliant

I don't believe it.

Semedo valued at 50 million?

So basically De Sciglio is worth 5 and Pjanic 20 million? And Juve are going to give us an additional 25 million?

What do Juve fans think about this?

Richard.H

English papers are reporting it too. Why are people surprised with Semedo's value? Guy is a solid RB and I bet he will do very well in Juve's system. You wait and see.

Pjanic is crap though. Dude was solid four years ago but now he's basically a slightly better Raki.

blueandclaret

Semedo is definitely the best RB we had, but I really think hes overrated amongst our fans. Hes definitely not work 50 mil. Not nearly skilled and creative enough on attack.

Andresito

Staff member
Semedo might not be a Dani Alves but he's one of the few right backs in the world you know what you get from.

He's reliable in the sense that he's solid and although rarely the best player on the team he's rarely the worst either.

Messigician

English papers are reporting it too. Why are people surprised with Semedo's value? Guy is a solid RB and I bet he will do very well in Juve's system. You wait and see.

Pjanic is crap though. Dude was solid four years ago but now he's basically a slightly better Raki.

Pjanic is worth 55m according to transfermarkt, he had 1 bad season after being world class for years

Messi983

The only way I'd accept De Sciglio back in a swap would be to ship him off immediately to Inter in the Lautaro deal.

But yeah, I don't think there is any truth in those rumours.

vuji_31

It is not problem with Semedo's worth it is knowing Juve are cheap shits and they are trying
to get rid of deadwood.

Messi983

Would you sell Semedo to City for 40m and get back Cancelo on loan for a season with a buy option for let's say 30m? IF Cancelo would convince we could buy him if not just send him back and bring Emerson next year. I don't think it's very likely but if Pep really wants Semedo and at the same time wants to get rid of Cancelo then something could be done. Yeah, Cancelo is not perfect but he's still much better than De Scigliio. I would prefer this deal than trying to include Semedo in a swap deal for Lautaro or Pjanić because we would be in a position of strength during negotiations in this case as a selling club.

Well, even better would be to just sell Semedo for whatever we can get and buy Dest for around 20m but if that's our plan we should move quickly to get him before Bayern or PSG. And with our obsession with Lautaro I don't think we'll buy other players before we'll get him so it will probably be too late in the end.

Andresito

Staff member
Would you sell Semedo to City for 40m and get back Cancelo on loan for a season with a buy option for let's say 30m? IF Cancelo would convince we could buy him if not just send him back and bring Emerson next year. I don't think it's very likely but if Pep really wants Semedo and at the same time wants to get rid of Cancelo then something could be done. Yeah, Cancelo is not perfect but he's still much better than De Scigliio. I would prefer this deal than trying to include Semedo in a swap deal for Lautaro or Pjanić because we would be in a position of strength during negotiations in this case as a selling club.

Well, even better would be to just sell Semedo for whatever we can get and buy Dest for around 20m but if that's our plan we should move quickly to get him before Bayern or PSG. And with our obsession with Lautaro I don't think we'll buy other players before we'll get him so it will probably be too late in the end.

40M still feels too low for Semedo, but I guess that's what we can get. This and Cancelo on loan. Roberto will be the starter next season anyway, no need to spend our scarce money on a gamble like Cancelo. I'd take a loan deal and then get Emerson in a year.

Provided we spend the Semedo money wisely.

Messi983

40M still feels too low for Semedo, but I guess that's what we can get. This and Cancelo on loan. Roberto will be the starter next season anyway, no need to spend our scarce money on a gamble like Cancelo. I'd take a loan deal and then get Emerson in a year.

That's what I'm affraid we won't do but we need to sell for around 70m before the end of this month and Semedo and Todibo are probably the ones who could get us close to that money so I'd expect them to be the first ones sold.

Players values have/will drop for around 20% post corona so IF we can get anywhere close to 40m for Semedo I would consider this a very good sale.

Also, if we can't get a good RB then I prefer to just go through next season with Roberto and Wague (I don't think he has a longterm future at the club but I also don't expect us to win anything next season so why not give Wague and other younger players a chance) instead of bringing some clearly inferior player like De Sciglio.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

This is what i'm dreading. Surely the club must know now that Roberto isn't starting RB material.

JamDav1982

Take the money for Semedo and revisit Cancelo later in summer if no better options or take gamble on Dest.

No need to swap them now.

Having Emerson and Dest as options going forward is decent. Always think Emerson looks like he could play CB as well he has that power about him and great in air but no idea if he has ever played there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans