User Tag List

Page 163 of 265 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3961

Thread: 2 - NÚlson Semedo

  1. #2431
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure he will start on sunday. And i hope 4-3-3 again. That fits him much more i guess.

  2. #2432
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,517
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    Complete random again. Comparing 2 players is not comparing apples to oranges. 2 players, both signed this summer, both had good start of season and both performances dropped. Once is considered never good enough for squad and happy to be loaned out, another "low on confidence because he is benched often".
    But that's not your original argument. I believe your exact words were something along the lines of "Defenders figured them out". I guess any time a player has a dip in form it's because they're found out by opposing defenses, fuck every other factor that may be related to that, including their position. Suarez missing sitters and putting in constantly poor games? FOUND OUT! Busquets misplacing passes and holding the ball too long in dangerous areas? FOUND OUT! Mats freezing on his touchline when the striker mishits his shot? FOUND OUT!

    Honestly, do you even know how to form a logical argument or are your delusions so strong that you don't even remember what it is you yourself said?

    I am arguing on this forum and no, where did I say that i believe in forum opinion, infact, what i am doing now is questioning the forum opinion about this. As for form, just read some ratings then if forum opinion is not enough. Here let me give you a hint,
    Here are Deulos ratings from whoscored:
    7.28; 7.31; 7.31; 6.2; 7.46; 6.54; 7.22; 7.44, then after never above 7 again.
    Here are Semedos: 7.17; 6.99; 7.74; 7.99; 7; after that in 14 games, he has been above 7 3 times, most of ratings around 6.6
    But what does this have to do with defenders finding Semedo out? You still have yet to explain this. You do realize Semedo is a defender, right? A defender who even when he was pulling those 7+ ratings was never excelling going forward. I would ask if you watch the games but you clearly aren't even looking at the stats, Semedo has been woeful going forward with the exception of a few moments every here and there.

    So, how exactly are the circumstances 100% different? Care to explain? Havent so far, only thing you do is insult, while being alongside this henias dude the guy with quite possibly the worst football understanding.
    My football understanding is so poor, but you're the one who thinks a winger and a fullback both receive their match rating based entirely on how effective they are in the opposing final third. Right.

    Here is quote from you in Deulofeu thread early in the season.
    Okay? I've said numerous times now I was wrong about Deulofeu. If you're going to quote mine at least find something better. What does that have to do with anything? You think it means I'm wrong about Semedo, too? Can you even tell me what my opinion on him is? I'd love to see this.

    You call me deluded? Fcking idiot
    You're like the little kid crying because someone threw rocks at him, as he throws rocks. But that pretty much sums you up, but at least the kid is probably less of a deluded fool.

  3. #2433
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see now:
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    But that's not your original argument. I believe your exact words were something along the lines of "Defenders figured them out". I guess any time a player has a dip in form it's because they're found out by opposing defenses, fuck every other factor that may be related to that, including their position. Suarez missing sitters and putting in constantly poor games? FOUND OUT! Busquets misplacing passes and holding the ball too long in dangerous areas? FOUND OUT! Mats freezing on his touchline when the striker mishits his shot? FOUND OUT!

    Honestly, do you even know how to form a logical argument or are your delusions so strong that you don't even remember what it is you yourself said?.
    Actually my quote was this:
    Do i understand correctly, that if Deulofeu has a good start of season and then gradually declines and gets sent out on loan, the common understanding is that he is not good enough and he is only good until opposition defense learns how to play against him.
    If Semedo on the other hand has a good start of season and then gradually declines, it is still matter of "confidence" or any other bs excuse, but no way in hell it cannot be true that maybe he just is not cut out to be Barca starter and opposition defense has found out how to play against him?
    Are you a horse on a racing track with eyepads that you only pick up 1 detail from entire quote and start rambling around it? But sure let me rephrase it: "maybe opposition has found out how to play against him". Still apples and oranges? So I remember quite well what i said and Barcelona FBs attack more or less as much as wingers, so they are very bad in opposition half, it means they are also in wrong team.

    But what does this have to do with defenders finding Semedo out? You still have yet to explain this. You do realize Semedo is a defender, right? A defender who even when he was pulling those 7+ ratings was never excelling going forward. I would ask if you watch the games but you clearly aren't even looking at the stats, Semedo has been woeful going forward with the exception of a few moments every here and there.
    horsey horsey, try to look beyond the eyepads

    My football understanding is so poor, but you're the one who thinks a winger and a fullback both receive their match rating based entirely on how effective they are in the opposing final third. Right.
    Yes, thats was exactly what i think rofl amazing.

    Okay? I've said numerous times now I was wrong about Deulofeu. If you're going to quote mine at least find something better. What does that have to do with anything? You think it means I'm wrong about Semedo, too? Can you even tell me what my opinion on him is? I'd love to see this.
    I have absolutely 0 interest in your opinion about Semedo, as i would have better chances finding out if he will make it if i flip a coin than care about your opinion.

    You're like the little kid crying because someone threw rocks at him, as he throws rocks. But that pretty much sums you up, but at least the kid is probably less of a deluded fool.
    Rofl what kind of rocks was i throwing lol, i was asking a question lol.

  4. #2434
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys think he's fitting in socially in the squad? He always seems to walk around alone in trainings and rarely speaks with anyone. Might be affecting him on the field. Maybe he can get a wild-card in the newly formed french clique alongside Digne, Umtiti and Dembele.

  5. #2435
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,850
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusiTheKing View Post
    You guys think he's fitting in socially in the squad? He always seems to walk around alone in trainings and rarely speaks with anyone. Might be affecting him on the field. Maybe he can get a wild-card in the newly formed french clique alongside Digne, Umtiti and Dembele.
    He seems like a quiet dude in general. Not sure if would be different playing for another club. He did seem happy during the last training session.

  6. #2436
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    29,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should get another Portuguese. Guedes?

  7. #2437
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    We should get another Portuguese. Guedes?
    Gomes for Guedes. Straight swap with .


  8. #2438
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,439
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    Rofl, thank you for at least putting an effort this time, much appreciated. I am all for giving chances to players, never said he should be sold right away, then again, its mid-february soon and he seems to be now pretty much permanently second choice RB, playing when S.Roberto needs rest.
    Suarez and Rakitic (Suarez being off form in the beginning of season is never really an opinion, but fact, different case with Rakitic though) were almost always personally targeted for long period of time. While Luchos last season trying to find scapegoat was logical thing to do (well we were not doing great and people need a simple answer why), this season, due to us actually having one of the greatest seasons against any odds, this tells me, that critically minded people just needed a target.
    As for Semedo and Deulo and others, while Semedo is excused for not playing many games in a row, what exactly should players like Digne, Paco, Gomes, Denis, Deulofeu and other benchers be not allowed the same treatment? Do not get the difference really.
    Countless explanations on what exactly? I do no think this topic has been discussed at all on this forum.

    And i wouldnt also write him off, dont see any reason to write any of our players off, unless there are obvious reasons or coach freezing them out of team.
    Semedo was showing great potential at the start, none of the benchers showed that, I already said it. Mental capacity can definitely be improved with consistent game time because he seemed to lack in fluidity and connection with the team.

    "never been discussed at all"? You're a joke really. Your whole post history revolves around it.

    Same treatment of what exactly? If there's same treatment in the first place, Suarez would be benched straight from the start. No he didnt, so why the fck are u complaining? All I said is for Semedo to have a more consistent game time and to let him get grind with the team after a season or two. Get a grip.

  9. #2439
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,517
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    Lets see now:


    Actually my quote was this:


    Are you a horse on a racing track with eyepads that you only pick up 1 detail from entire quote and start rambling around it? But sure let me rephrase it: "maybe opposition has found out how to play against him". Still apples and oranges? So I remember quite well what i said and Barcelona FBs attack more or less as much as wingers, so they are very bad in opposition half, it means they are also in wrong team.
    Ah, so you're going to pull the "My words don't matter" card now? I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Amusing to see you still trying to stick by them regardless, though. You should probably try to pick one.

    I've been saying from the beginning that Semedo wasn't good going forward. Whether he's on the right team or not I couldn't care less, but your argument that he's been found out by opposing defenses the way Deulofeu was is flat out wrong, as it suggests he was doing well in the opposing half early on, which his stats and position in the team clearly contradict.



    horsey horsey, try to look beyond the eyepads

    If you're going to plug your ears and pretend you didn't mean what you said, at least stop being so deluded to blame it on me.

    Yes, thats was exactly what i think rofl amazing.
    Just trying to give some logic to the idiotic things you're saying, comparing the match ratings of a fullback and a winger and drawing the conclusion that both of them have correlating data because they've both declined offensively. Although I guess you're trying to pretend that's not what you were saying at all, even though you even went as far as to quote yourself where you made the initial statement...



    I have absolutely 0 interest in your opinion about Semedo, as i would have better chances finding out if he will make it if i flip a coin than care about your opinion.

    And yet, here you are, desperately trying to argue your deluded opinions.


    Rofl what kind of rocks was i throwing lol, i was asking a question lol.
    You cry like a little girl about me insulting you yet you sling just as many insults. No "Question" anywhere to be seen. Unless you're talking about your initial post, but I don't know if you want to acknowledge anything you said there or not.

  10. #2440
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Its just a vid but still some good moments here and there from him. I do see potential in him turning into a brilliant rb. He is fast he is a good defender has the skills and technique to succeed upfront too. Maybe i am wrong on this but i always do have a feeling he can do much much better. Lets give him some time its his first year.

  11. #2441
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think him being good defensively is being over played to make up for him showing so little going forward.

    He has shown good pace but some of his decisions and positioning defensively have been poor and on a number of occasions has used that pace to make up for his own poor play anyway.

    Needs to start showing more soon or wouldnt be surprised if Barca look for another RB this summer.

  12. #2442
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Think him being good defensively is being over played to make up for him showing so little going forward.

    He has shown good pace but some of his decisions and positioning defensively have been poor and on a number of occasions has used that pace to make up for his own poor play anyway.

    Needs to start showing more soon or wouldnt be surprised if Barca look for another RB this summer.
    Well, I still think that he is a better backup option to Roberto than Digne is to Alba. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Digne in the summer and look for a LB backup option, who can also play RB if needed. That would pressure Semedo into performing. I still want to see more of Semedo-Roberto on the right side, but now with Dembouz back, that will happen even less, considering that Paulinho and Vidal will also need some game time.

  13. #2443
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Well, I still think that he is a better backup option to Roberto than Digne is to Alba. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Digne in the summer and look for a LB backup option, who can also play RB if needed. That would pressure Semedo into performing. I still want to see more of Semedo-Roberto on the right side, but now with Dembouz back, that will happen even less, considering that Paulinho and Vidal will also need some game time.
    You think Semedo is taking it easy due to lack of competition?

    That is polar opposite of a lot of the excuses given for him so far.

  14. #2444
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    14,142
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think defensively he is very good. On 1 vs 1 he's clearly superior to Roberto. Haven't seen him being ridiculed in an individual duel like Roberto has been last season and even this season. Both him and Roberto have positional problems at times (that's normal), the difference is that once the attackers are in a position where they isolate one of them, that attacker is more likely to dribble Roberto than Semedo.

    Roberto is better with his passing at linking up with his teammates, that's the only reason he plays as a starter atm, and at a club like Barcelona, it counts the most, so no complains for me. At least until his issues in individual duels is going to cost us goals. (If Gaya would have scored for 1-1 for example in the Valencia it would've been mostly Roberto's fault for example, since Guedes dribbled him way too easily). If our defense is going to cope well with the individual duels Roberto is going to lose out wide in defense against fast and skilled wingers, he should play.

    Selling Semedo doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by serghei; 10th February 2018 at 12:06 PM.

  15. #2445
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    You think Semedo is taking it easy due to lack of competition?

    That is polar opposite of a lot of the excuses given for him so far.
    Nah. But, if we get a great, versatile FB option, he will have to start fighting for his place at the club, which right now is pretty insured, at least as a backup RB.

    I think he suffers from the same thing as most of the new players at the club: how to play with Messi and Busquets when attacking. They are as unpredictable for their opponents as they are for their teammates. For example, when Semedo read Messi's tendencies during a El Clasico, he made the run and almost scored. But, most of the time in attack, it seems to me, that he doesn't know what his teammates (especialy Messi and Busi) are up to. Someone posted that video of Busquets' plays in his topic. I think what Semedo doesn't realise yet is that with Busi when he has the ball at his feet, you need to run into space, because even if it seems that there is no way that Sergio will pass to you. He can make a small dribble, fool the defender and pull off that pass. Roberto is great at that and that's the reason why he's starting. With Messi, he will have to watch and learn, as will Dembele and Coutinho (who is still pretty uncompatible with Messi on the pitch, especially when he plays on the right).

    P.S. Messi's free attacking role doesn't help. When he was a false 9 or RW, you knew where to find him most of the time. Now, he is everywhere between the CB's and opponent's goal.
    Last edited by FCBfan22; 10th February 2018 at 12:12 PM.