Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Rabiot

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the two clubs that want Rabiot are Barca and.....

Arsenal.

and people here were claiming he's so amazingly great that Real Madrid, Man City, Man Utd and Juve all wanted him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Article (from last year) where XAVI endorsed him. Barca DNA confirmed.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/new...-barca-6049427
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post

Xavi was big on the whole "Cesc has Barca DNA"-thing as well, so this is bad news for you guys.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we don't overpay, I think he's a good player. Way better than the likes of Gomes and Denis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Apparently the two clubs that want Rabiot are Barca and.....

Arsenal.

and people here were claiming he's so amazingly great that Real Madrid, Man City, Man Utd and Juve all wanted him.
    Guess this forum is full of idoits then.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post

Hi

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/he-...-seri-camp-nou

Funny thing is that Seri has been a bigger standout player in Ligue 1 than Rabiot.

Btw, I think @Lutece actually said this too, but one of Rabiot's issues at PSG is that he want to play in Motta's position as a #6 or more as a DM, and want to be a guaranteed starter.

Good luck beating out Busquets, and for the other midfield positions he's not mobile or creative enough to beat out anyone else. Good business signing a guy who's a whiny little bitch as our only midfield signing to compete better for the CL.
    Last edited by DonAK; 12th July 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/he-...-seri-camp-nou

Funny thing is that Seri has been a bigger standout player in Ligue 1 than Rabiot.

Btw, I think @Lutece actually said this too, but one of Rabiot's issues at PSG is that he want to play in Motta's position as a #6 or more as a DM, and want to be a guaranteed starter.

Good luck beating out Busquets, and for the other midfield positions he's not mobile or creative enough to beat out anyone else. Good business signing a guy who's a whiny little bitch as our only midfield signing to compete better for the CL.
    What did Arthur do to you?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    What did Arthur do to you?
    As an established midfield signing meant to be a starter which I believe Rabiot is supposed to be in their eyes, while Arthur is a talent that can grow on to potentially be one, and I really hope he does.

But I wish we could be a bit more ambitious and sign a proper, very good or WC MF to start alongside Coutinho. Then have Rakitic, Arthur and Alena behind them which could be a very talented good depth group.

Rabiot is a potential 40-50m transfer that could be put on another midfielder with additional funds, that can challenge Rakitic to start right now when the first official game of the season kicks off.

Rabiot simply isn't that IMO, he doesn't even play in the same position or want to play in that position, and have the same mobility issues and lack of creativity that we need to improve IMO.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an established midfield signing meant to be a starter which I believe Rabiot is supposed to be in their eyes, while Arthur is a talent that can grow on to potentially be one, and I really hope he does.

But I wish we could be a bit more ambitious and sign a proper, very good or WC MF to start alongside Coutinho. Then have Rakitic, Arthur and Alena behind them which could be a very talented good depth group.

Rabiot is a potential 40-50m transfer that could be put on another midfielder with additional funds, that can challenge Rakitic to start right now when the first official game of the season kicks off.

Rabiot simply isn't that IMO, he doesn't even play in the same position or want to play in that position, and have the same mobility issues and lack of creativity that we need to improve IMO.
    Rabiot doesnt lack mobility. He actually looks quite quick and mobile for his size.

Dont think he wants to play a 6 either. Fairly sure that is where he didnt want to play and wants to play further forward.

A player like him brings something others dont have. Good signing if happens in my opinion but doesnt feel like will.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Rabiot doesnt lack mobility. He actually looks quite quick and mobile for his size.

Dont think he wants to play a 6 either. Fairly sure that is where he didnt want to play and wants to play further forward.

A player like him brings something others dont have. Good signing if happens in my opinion but doesnt feel like will.
    Ah well, I won't wish for him to fail, but don't think it's a good signing, and a one we will look forward to move on from in a couple of years due to his attitude issues and diva attitude. Should sign a starter instead of adding more depth IMO. Signing a starter pushes Rakitic down the ladder so you have better depth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree man, it was only your wording that made it sound like you forgot poor Arthur.

I don't really know enough to pass judgment on Rabiot, so I'll refrain from commenting too much on his possible transfer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well, I won't wish for him to fail, but don't think it's a good signing, and a one we will look forward to move on from in a couple of years due to his attitude issues and diva attitude. Should sign a starter instead of adding more depth IMO. Signing a starter pushes Rakitic down the ladder so you have better depth.
    The midfield also needs something different as even Paulinho showed last season.

Without going all BBZ the midfield can be bullied and out worked.

The Barca team also lacks height at times so it all helps.

Think he would be good if signed. Can see how it pans out.

Rabiot comes across as a prick but as long as not too bad quite like a bit of swagger back in the team not a bunch of choir boys who wouldnt say boo to a goose and come across as been and seen it all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem I have with signing Rabiot is the very real possibility that he'll be forced into the lineup for the next 7-10 years no matter how well or poorly he performs, and Arthur, Alena, and any other talented young midfielder we have coming through will we walled off. Especially with Valverde in charge.

This could potentially cripple our midfield right when it looked like it could start to develop into something.
    On whether or not we'll get 50m for Paulinho

Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Want to bet a silly profile pic? Loser has to have (a happy) Paulinho-pic for half a year?
    I'm quite sure they will pay already this January, so I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raki13 View Post
    Gladly , not a chance we are getting anywhere near that after a year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    The main problem I have with signing Rabiot is the very real possibility that he'll be forced into the lineup for the next 7-10 years no matter how well or poorly he performs, and Arthur, Alena, and any other talented young midfielder we have coming through will we walled off. Especially with Valverde in charge.

This could potentially cripple our midfield right when it looked like it could start to develop into something.
    7 to 10 years?! Really? I honestly couldn't name a single modern day player who's been in the lineup for that long not on merit. Why would it be that extreme with Rabiot? I mean, 1 to 3 years or so, sure, as he would need a decent amount of time to prove his worth, but 7-9 years sounds absurd. Besides, if he's such a brat as he's being made out to be, there's no chance he would ever accept a situation like that of Gomes' who never plays under EV.

Nah man, if Rabiot comes and sticks around for 7-9 years, it's most definitely because he turned out a succes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a detrimental move if it happens:

i) They are selling him because they (and first of all Tuchel) think they can replace him with better players. We will be doing them a favor especially if the price they want to sell is around 40m

ii) We have players better than him. Whatever he can do with the ball can be done by Sergio, Rakitic and of course Arthur. Let alone that Frankie De Jong, who is a much better prospect, is better than him in terms of movement and handling the ball

iii) He canNOT do what we are in desperate need of: players that cover fast ground and provide a lot of interceptions,players that can play next to Sergio by complementing his lack of mobility and defensive skill.
    Some sane mind must direct our transfer policy.
    We have the no1 player in providing all the above (Kante) that might be available for around 80-100m this summer, and we are looking elsewhere at other low tier directions
    Xavi's Cups