Adrien Rabiot

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wanted Rabiot here for 0 Millions as a new Raki type of a player.
Or, I wanted both Rabiot and Frenkie.
I really don't remember that I have said that I want Rabiot over Frenkie.
I did question Frenkie though when he was quiet agsinst German teams, though.

But, a nice trolling attempt.

No, but you claimed Rabiot was a more proven fit and player because of his two good performances and that if you had to choose between the two of them you would go for Rabiot.

You're completely blind when it comes to obvious talent and lean back on words such as "experience" to make any judgement on a player. You're right sometimes, but you speak a lot of rubbish too and put words in other people's mouths claiming they want this or said that which is just a part of your bullshit debate tactic now.

Even the few times before when I tried to engage in a discussion with you in good faith you would claim I wanted a midfield of midgets or some rubbish like that, which is why I don't care to engage with you anymore.

And let's be completely honest, you initially disliked de Jong because 90% of the forum wanted to sign him. You're just wired that way. You did admit you wanted Neymar to fail at Barca too because of that reason.

These days you're nothing more than a troll and you've fully embraced that shameless role.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

These days you're nothing more than a troll and you've fully embraced that shameless role.

I stopped replying to your posts lately because they are either: you said this in December of 2016, Bob this, Bob that, like some whiny broken hearted teen girl.
Your football views lately are just bland, vanilla mainstream popular opinions.
Hardly worth replying at all.

Serghei, even Gnidro, KingLeo and others are offering way more challenging and football related discussions lately.

You'll need to wake up football wise or you'll end up like a failed La Masia prospect😉

DonAK

I stopped replying to your posts lately because they are either: you said this in December of 2016, Bob this, Bob that, like some whiny broken hearted teen girl.
Your football views lately are just bland, vanilla mainstream popular opinions.
Hardly worth replying at all.

Serghei, even Gnidro, KingLeo and others are offering way more challenging and football related discussions lately.

You'll need to wake up football wise or you'll end up like a failed La Masia prospect

I'll step up when you do the same and stop the same random stats and percentages posts :coffee:

You're performing like Fernando Torres post Liverpool right now.

BBZ8800

I'll step up when you do the same and stop the same random stats and percentages posts :coffee:

You're performing like Fernando Torres post Liverpool right now.

I am at least posting football stats, history and views.
You are more concerned about social status, who said who, who is a friend with whom, who has two accounts etc.
Basically, a social side, gossip girl, popular girls and stuff.

DonAK

I am at least posting football stats, history and views.
You are more concerned about social status, who said who, who is a friend with whom, who has two accounts etc.
Basically, a social side, gossip girl, popular girls and stuff.

I'm calling you Bob, it's your name. Aren't we friends anymore? :thinking:

Too bad then.

Anyway, thoughts about Adrienne Rabiot?

BBZ8800

Anyway, thoughts about Adrienne Rabiot?

Him and his mom are problematic.
Rergarding Juve, he is not Sarri's first choice.
But I don't rate Sarri, and a lot of Juve's fans say that he has totally ruined Juve.

Regarding Rabiot, he still has an interesting profile who adds something different than classical Barca DNA players.
That doesn't mean that he is better than them, but instead of having 4-5 players who are all more of the same in terms of virtues and flaws (Arthur, Thiago, Alena, Puig for example), I would as a coach rather have some different profiles in my team to give me more tactical options.

I know that a lot of guys here don't care about defending, but look at this:
Arthur: 919 minutes: 14 tackles, 5 interceptions, 4 clearances, 0 blocks=23 in total
11 key passes
Rabiot: 531 minutes: 20 tackles, 8 interceptions, 1 clearances, 2 blocks=31 in total
11 key passes

Per 90 minutes this season:
Arthur: 2,25 balls won and 1,08 key passes
Rabiot: 5,25 balls won and 1,87 key passes

Our Barca DNA players have one set of skills.
This guy has some other qualities.
For example, Rabiot won 8 balls yesterday against Leverkusen.

While our midfield:
4 Rakitic for 60 minutes
3 Frenkie for 30 minutes
2 Alena for 90 minutes
1 Vidal for 90 minutes

I was saying that Rabiot could be a new Rakitic or a similar profile.
Imagine selling Rakitic and Vidal this summer.
What is left?
Frenkie, Busi, Arthur, Cou, Alena, Puig.

Busi will be slower and older, and apart from Frenkie, who is a ballwinner and even semi-workhorse here?
Imagine selling Raki and Vidal and Frenkie gets injured for 6 Months.
And we need to play Busi-Arthur-Alena/Puig/Cou midfield.

We would need to watch a weather forecast before every match.
And if a weather on a matchday would be windy, we would politely need to ask the officials to cancel a match.
... because our midfield would be in a danger of injuries even from a light breeze😉

Last edited:

gasgas

Him and his mom are problematic.
Rergarding Juve, he is not Sarri's first choice.
But I don't rate Sarri, and a lot of Juve's fans say that he has totally ruined Juve.

Regarding Rabiot, he still has an interesting profile who adds something different than classical Barca DNA players.
That doesn't mean that he is better than them, but instead of having 4-5 players who are all more of the same in terms of virtues and flaws (Arthur, Thiago, Alena, Puig for example), I would as a coach rather have some different profiles in my team to give me more tactical options.

I know that a lot of guys here don't care about defending, but look at this:
Arthur: 919 minutes: 14 tackles, 5 interceptions, 4 clearances, 0 blocks=23 in total
11 key passes
Rabiot: 531 minutes: 20 tackles, 8 interceptions, 1 clearances, 2 blocks=31 in total
11 key passes

Per 90 minutes this season:
Arthur: 2,25 balls won and 1,08 key passes
Rabiot: 5,25 balls won and 1,87 key passes

Our Barca DNA players have one set of skills.
This guy has some other qualities.
For example, Rabiot won 8 balls yesterday against Leverkusen.

While our midfield:
4 Rakitic for 60 minutes
3 Frenkie for 30 minutes
2 Alena for 90 minutes
1 Vidal for 90 minutes

I was saying that Rabiot could be a new Rakitic or a similar profile.
Imagine selling Rakitic and Vidal this summer.
What is left?
Frenkie, Busi, Arthur, Cou, Alena, Puig.

Busi will be slower and older, and apart from Frenkie, who is a ballwinner and even semi-workhorse here?
Imagine selling Raki and Vidal and Frenkie gets injured for 6 Months.
And we need to play Busi-Arthur-Alena/Puig/Cou midfield.

We would need to watch a weather forecast before every match.
And if a weather on a matchday would be windy, we would politely need to ask the officials to cancel a match.
... because our midfield would be in a danger of injuries even from a light breeze��

But manager is always right.

I mean PSG manager stopped playig him,France NT no longer play him and now Juve as well.
3 managers can't be all wrong. It's just the fans with their blind hopes in a player :pep:

BBZ8800

But manager is always right.

I mean PSG manager stopped playig him,France NT no longer play him and now Juve as well.
3 managers can't be all wrong. It's just the fans with their blind hopes in a player :pep:

He is not good to be a starter in those teams.
He is a good squad player.
And we, Barca, ALSO need squad players.

About Rabiot not playing for Juve, it is not that he is not playing.
He is a squad player.

For example, minutes this season:
642 Rakitic
629 Vidal
531 Rabiot

I have checked Juve's forum now, fans aren't too impressed by him.
And majority say that he looks tired (probably due to not playing last season after being kicked out of a team by PSG).
Others say that he looks as if he is not too interested majority of time.
That he offers a glimpses of talent here and there and mediocre/lazy performances on majority of times.
If this is true, then he will be another lazy footballer of a new gen. We already have our Dembele.
Arthur could also fall into a trap soon.

It seems that these new kids get rich too soon, get Millions of followers on Instagram, get 1000 of top models to fuck per year and they lose motivation and hunger for football.

I guess that in upcoming years, IQ tests and personality/psychology tests will become a key part of signing players.
Because talent alone means nothing in 2020 if you will throw your career down the toilet due to fame and off field partying.

The question in the future won't be:
Who is a BETTER footballer.
But: who will still be motivated in football after 2-3 years of fame, 10 millions per year and models?

We won't use phrases anymore: this player could stay here for the next 10 years!
We will be happy if a player will still be here in 3-4 years.

Last edited:

gasgas

He is a squad player.

642 Rakitic
629 Vidal
531 Rabiot

And majority say that he looks tired (probably due to not playing last season after being kicked out of a team by PSG).
That he offers a glimpses of talent here and there and mediocre/lazy performances on majority of times.
If this is true, then he will be another lazy footballer of a new gen. We already have our Dembele.

It seems that these new kids get rich too soon, get Millions of followers on Instagram, get 1000 of top models to fuck per year and they lose motivation and hunger for football.

I guess that in upcoming years, IQ tests and personality/psychology tests will become a key part of signing players.
Because talent alone means nothing in 2020 if you will throw your career down the toilet due to fame and off field partying.

But: who will still be motivated in football after 2-3 years of fame, 10 millions per year and models?

We won't use phrases anymore: this player could stay here for the next 10 years!

We don't need squad players. We already have Alena, Roberto, Vidal.
We need starters to replace the likes of Busquets and Rakitic and to join Arthur and De Jong in midfield.

Nello

He is a squad player.

642 Rakitic
629 Vidal
531 Rabiot

Definitely agree that our signings should be more based on personality and intelligence in the future. Football have developed so much the last two decades, and everything is being taken to a new level in terms of physical requirements, nutrition, tactical analysis etc, yet some (barto) splash enormous amounts of money on players based on hype and talent.

Frenkie for example, was a very good investment on many levels.
He is extremely talented, young, athletic and played for another club with a similar style to Barca.
But he also seemed extremely humble, disciplined, seemed to be very respectful towards his club at the time (Ajax) and intelligent.
At least that's how he seemed to me going by his interviews and behaviour at the time.

Dembélé on the other hand, suddenly stopped showing up for training because he wanted to go to another club, and didn't ooze intelligence and humility the way Frenkie did.

Klopp has also explained this test he's done many times before signing a new player, where he offers the potential signing something to drink at their meeting, and then checks if the player remembers to put the glas into the dishwasher afterwards or something like that. Needless to say that Liverpool has done quite well with most of their signings since Klopp's arrival.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Klopp has also explained this test he's done many times before signing a new player, where he offers the potential signing something to drink at their meeting, and then checks if the player remembers to put the glas into the dishwasher afterwards or something like that.

That's one of the dumbest things ive ever read, which fucking guests are expected to clean up after themselves... you might as well get them to bring their own drinks etc while youre at it.

devo901

Klopp has also explained this test he's done many times before signing a new player, where he offers the potential signing something to drink at their meeting, and then checks if the player remembers to put the glas into the dishwasher afterwards or something like that. Needless to say that Liverpool has done quite well with most of their signings since Klopp's arrival.

this "test" has some serious issues, at best it shows how players were socialized helping in the kitchen and how they perform under stress. interpreting values into this is a misuse of incomplete data. it takes way more behavioural datapoints, not just this one test. :)

I pretty sure this anectdote was lost in translation/misunderstood.

Home of Barca Fans