Adrien Rabiot

FC433

He is a good player, but I believe that there are better alternatives out there who earn less. His attitude is another issue.

FinBarcelonafan

I think we need World Class midfielder. He is not one. He would be similar to Gomes.. Maybe a bit better.

I guess If you can get him for free and then sell him, it would be good business.

BADGERBHOY

We're too stacked in midfield now but getting him on a Bosman would make sense

I cant remember the last high profile Bosman signing we made.

Arizona Scott

Might be perfect timing for Rabiot. He would cost no fee if in summer. And maybe experience a major cut down in PT/ostracised this year with an irritated club. Couple this with being left off the last summer NT, he will be motivated. He is only 23--seems like he has been around longer than he has. I see little down side.

Sure I'd rather have Pogba by a mile--but that is going to be hellava complicated and costly if doable at all.

Judoman

Down side is his character and the fact that we have Busi, Rakitic, Arthur, Vidal, Coutinho, Rafinha, Denis Suarez, Alena and S. Roberto.
Right now we have to find talented no. 9 for the next season. I think this should be a priority. Personaly i have no idea who that should be.

Raketa10

Down side is his character and the fact that we have Busi, Rakitic, Arthur, Vidal, Coutinho, Rafinha, Denis Suarez, Alena and S. Roberto.
Right now we have to find talented no. 9 for the next season. I think this should be a priority. Personaly i have no idea who that should be.

No one does. Maybe someone steps out this season.

khaled_a_d

Almost another generation ago

Its a market that we need to take more advantage of IMO

There are fewer Free Agents nowadays and most of them are either washed up or aiming for a huge signing bonus which basically doesn't make them cheap free agents.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even if he comes free, I still don't want him. Potentially threatening our youngsters' playing time and taking up decent salary money. No.

BBZ8800

Even if he comes free, I still don't want him. Potentially threatening our youngsters' playing time and taking up decent salary money. No.

Do we have any youngster of a slightly different profile than "a classical Barca's profile" though?

Our current midfielders aged 26 and younger are:
Coutinho
Rafinha
Denis
Arthur
Alena
Samper
** Puig
** Oriol

If we add De Jong, that's quite a lot of quite similar players.
Is there any aggressive player here?
At least one physical guy?
Anyone except Arthur with even hints of some muscles?
At least one workhorse?
Ar least one midfielder awesome in defending and covering a lot of space?
Any thugs here?
Should I even dare to mention some height?

I am not saying that Rabiot is the answer, but eventually we will need some younger players of a different profile than Coutinho, Denis, Alena, Puig, Oriol, Samper etc.
We will need some variety in midfield and a few different options.
7-8 clones won't help too much. (I know that they are not EXACTLY the same, but they aren't too different in their core skills, tbh)

The only "different" players whom we have are either 30+ or sold: Rakitic, Vidal, Paulinho, Gomes.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do we have any youngster of a slightly different profile than "a classical Barca's profile" though?

Our current midfielders aged 26 and younger are:
Coutinho
Rafinha
Denis
Arthur
Alena
Samper
** Puig
** Oriol

If we add De Jong, that's quite a lot of quite similar players.
Is there any aggressive player here?
At least one physical guy?
Anyone except Arthur with even hints of some muscles?
At least one workhorse?
Ar least one midfielder awesome in defending and covering a lot of space?
Any thugs here?
Should I even dare to mention some height?

I am not saying that Rabiot is the answer, but eventually we will need some younger players of a different profile than Coutinho, Denis, Alena, Puig, Oriol, Samper etc.
We will need some variety in midfield and a few different options.
7-8 clones won't help too much. (I know that they are not EXACTLY the same, but they aren't too different in their core skills, tbh)

The only "different" players whom we have are either 30+ or sold: Rakitic, Vidal, Paulinho, Gomes.

We might need an established midfielder but that person is not Rabiot. He is not good enough.

Home of Barca Fans