Adrien Rabiot

xXKonan

Just curious, why are you sure that "He will definitely change"?
The idea that Maldhowayanr is thinking is perhaps with the stature of the Club and the big names in the Locker room here, Rabiot would realize pulling any spoiled brat shenanigans would probably be the end of him.

Big difference in Mentality here vs as in Paris.

Messigician

“As early as Monday morning, I received a call from the American Hospital doctor who warned me that Adrien’s dad’s situation was deteriorating sharply. He said to me, “The father of the boys is very bad, I think it’s the end…” How can we blame him and punish him for not having gone to Qatar with two deaths in 20 days? His grandmother died on the 5th. His dad on the 25th. And his ethics bonus is taken away from him. And he was also removed five days of salary of this trip to Qatar. Plus the ethics bonuses of November and December.

L’Equipe asked whether the footballer is a prisoner at PSG, the response (which has provided the headline for the French newspaper) was strong: “It’s not just an impression. Adrien is a prisoner. He’s even a hostage to PSG. Soon it’s dry bread, water and dungeon! This environment is cruel… A footballer is made to play, not to stay in the closet. Adrien has not played since December, and probably until June. Brought back to a professional career, six months is huge! He is taken hostage because he does not want to re-sign while he is only respecting his contract. Adrien asks only that: to respect his contract.”

Awful news. Club should be tried for human rights violations.

Havesaks

“As early as Monday morning, I received a call from the American Hospital doctor who warned me that Adrien’s dad’s situation was deteriorating sharply. He said to me, “The father of the boys is very bad, I think it’s the end…” How can we blame him and punish him for not having gone to Qatar with two deaths in 20 days? His grandmother died on the 5th. His dad on the 25th. And his ethics bonus is taken away from him. And he was also removed five days of salary of this trip to Qatar. Plus the ethics bonuses of November and December.

L’Equipe asked whether the footballer is a prisoner at PSG, the response (which has provided the headline for the French newspaper) was strong: “It’s not just an impression. Adrien is a prisoner. He’s even a hostage to PSG. Soon it’s dry bread, water and dungeon! This environment is cruel… A footballer is made to play, not to stay in the closet. Adrien has not played since December, and probably until June. Brought back to a professional career, six months is huge! He is taken hostage because he does not want to re-sign while he is only respecting his contract. Adrien asks only that: to respect his contract.”

Awful news. Club should be tried for human rights violations.

We did the same with Munir, its nothing new. Inter even threw sneijder to the reserves bc he woulcnt take a pay cut.

khaled_a_d

We did the same with Munir, its nothing new. Inter even threw sneijder to the reserves bc he woulcnt take a pay cut.

Not comparable really. We didn't go public with him, we made the move for him easy and smooth. And he didn't have any personal issues like Rabiot at all

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not comparable really. We didn't go public with him, we made the move for him easy and smooth. And he didn't have any personal issues like Rabiot at all

Exactly - We were like; either get out now without screwing us or get screwed. PSG don't wanna let him go but just want to screw him!

Havesaks

Exactly - We were like; either get out now without screwing us or get screwed. PSG don't wanna let him go but just want to screw him!

PSG had similar approach last summer, but Rabiot obviously played them and made them think he would extend the contract. If any player did that to barca, i would think we wouldn't take lightly on that.

Rabiot has obviously been a huge dush and backstabbed PSG to score a big sign on fee and higher wages at his new club, I really think he gets, what he deserved.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Rabiot's mother: "My son is a prisoner at PSG (...) They fine players for arriving 6 minutes late to a team meeting while others are allowed to travel around the world & go to carnivals"

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/03/19/5c916223468aeb665f8b45c3.html

Yeah, i told you they are crazy.

They are really jealous of Neymar !

And again, it is easy to find articles that shows Mbappé got punished the same way, the very same day and for the same reason Rabiot got punished. So, it is a non issue.

And she dares to say Rabiot is a prisoner lmao. During the whole winter, PSG tried to make him leave. Do you know a single prisoner that will chose to stay in his prison if he is offered the chance of leaving ?

The true story is they are in for the money (which is understandable because it is a career) and they want that fat signing on fee. However, i don't like their way to whine in the press and act like angels.

Rabiot tarnished his reputation and PSG didn't act with class either.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Lol. We tried to make him leave during the whole winter. What are you talking about ?

There were countless articles talking about PSG trying to find a way for him to go to Bayern or Chelsea but he would want to sit on the bench to get his paycheck.

So now, he can't play the prisoner part.

He is not wrong to prefer the money but don't need to sugarcoat it.

In the case of Munir, he really wanted playing time, so he left accordingly. Rabiot clearly showed he doesn't care that much. He is in for the payday. And it is no surprise they start crying because PSG is taking away the primes.

He wasn't talking to the press before PSG started to take some of his money and suddenly he cries as a political prisoner lmao. It is clear as day that what hurts him is not staying and not even playing but getting his money taken away.

BBZ8800

During the whole winter, PSG tried to make him leave. Do you know a single prisoner that will chose to stay in his prison if he is offered the chance of leaving ?

The true story is they are in for the money (which is understandable because it is a career) and they want that fat signing on fee. However, i don't like their way to whine in the press and act like angels.

You said that Paris tried to make him leave in a winter.
Lol, for 15m transfer fee.

If Rabiot will wait till summer, Psg will get 0m and Rabiot will get 10-15m sign on fee for himself plus wages.

So, "good guys Psg" have allowed him to leave, but they would take "his" 15m Euros.

If Psg were such a good guys, they could have break Rabiot's contract and let him for free in a winter.

But no. Psg wanted:
1. You will either extend a contract and stay
2. You will be sold for 15m this winter
3. Or you will stay till the summer and leave for free, but until then you will be on stands for 8-9 Months

Yeah, really. Such a good guys these Psg's directors...

xXKonan

It's obvious PSG is sending a message to any other high profile talent/players in the team that if they attempt to run down their contract, this is what's going to happen to them.

PSG has no qualms of selling guys such as Digne etc, but anyone like Verratti, Mbappe, Neymar, Rabiot etc even if they want to leave? Lol good luck with that.

Porque

It's obvious PSG is sending a message to any other high profile talent/players in the team that if they attempt to run down their contract, this is what's going to happen to them.

PSG has no qualms of selling guys such as Digne etc, but anyone like Verratti, Mbappe, Neymar, Rabiot etc even if they want to leave? Lol good luck with that.

True, but there is the Webster ruling which means Neymar for example (which would be ironic) could force his transfer in Summer 2020 if he has no renewals within 2 years by buying out his contract.

Infact, Rabiot himself would have a great case of buying out his contract this winter. If he and his mother did not mess up the Barcelona negotiations, Barcelona could have very well used Article 17 to try and help bringing him in January. But, well, such as life.

khaled_a_d

PSG had similar approach last summer, but Rabiot obviously played them and made them think he would extend the contract. If any player did that to barca, i would think we wouldn't take lightly on that.

Rabiot has obviously been a huge dush and backstabbed PSG to score a big sign on fee and higher wages at his new club, I really think he gets, what he deserved.

Munir has done the same thing, except he also had a deal before January with another club unlike Rabiot.

Newcomer

You said that Paris tried to make him leave in a winter.
Lol, for 15m transfer fee.

If Rabiot will wait till summer, Psg will get 0m and Rabiot will get 10-15m sign on fee for himself plus wages.

So, "good guys Psg" have allowed him to leave, but they would take "his" 15m Euros.

If Psg were such a good guys, they could have break Rabiot's contract and let him for free in a winter.

But no. Psg wanted:
1. You will either extend a contract and stay
2. You will be sold for 15m this winter
3. Or you will stay till the summer and leave for free, but until then you will be on stands for 8-9 Months

Yeah, really. Such a good guys these Psg's directors...
Did you read my comment you quoted ?

I explicitely said it is understandable he will sit out to get his signing on fee since he is more interested in the payday as it is his job. Some player would have preferred to leave.
What i criticize is the fact they say "they are prisoners". They simply aren't because they could leave if they wanted.
PSG are not good guys either. I said in previous posts that this conflict has become personal and both parties are acting with pettiness. Henrique, specifically, who is never speaking in media have gone all out on media against the Rabiot. I'm not in the know so i can't say how their relationship have gone so bad but that is a reality.

And again, they try to cry because their primes are being taken out not for anything else. Explain to me why Mbappé, that got fined and benched the same way Rabiot did, didn't do a interview with his mother explaining he is a prisoner and Neymar can go to carnival while he can't ? Lmao, that is so ridiculous...
They even said they didn't feel enough support from PSG after the backlash Rabiot got when he sent his letter refusing to be on the reserves of national team. They even think the fact they play at PSG doesn't give him enough exposure and that is why he didn't get called for World Cup... I mean how delusional one can be ? Even Kimpembe is called in national team while Lenglet wasn't...

If Rabiot was smart, he would have kept his cool and not give PSG ammunition to fine him, be exemplar, not antagonizing the fans and his teammates (by liking Evra rant on his club, not being jealous of his teammate Neymar) and he could stand the moral high ground. Since Munir was in a similar situation with Rabiot, imagine Munir mother saying that she can't understand why Barça pushed for a #WeAreAllLeoMessi when he had taxes issues while he had no support when he had some troubles and liking some instagram post mocking Barça loss against Roma. This kind of shit is unforgivable as a supporter and show how dumb and how big his ego is. However, i agree that PSG is not handling that right and is acting petty and with no class. But this is how it is, i guess they got fed up with his antics.

Home of Barca Fans