Adrien Rabiot

CatalinR10

at least he has better acceleration and is faster than busquets , gomes and rakitic.

If we get him , get him for free in the summer. PSG will be so pissed that they will want to stick one back at us and will want to buy a player for a ridiculous ammount of money. They will offer 125 mil for Rakitic , we will sell of course .

Win situation for us.

Jombi

at least he has better acceleration and is faster than busquets , gomes and rakitic.

If we get him , get him for free in the summer. PSG will be so pissed that they will want to stick one back at us and will want to buy a player for a ridiculous ammount of money. They will offer 125 mil for Rakitic , we will sell of course .

Win situation for us.

Its far more likely they will try to cause trouble for us in future signings we try to make.

125m for Rakitic (who probably isnt worth more than 30m next summer) would be madness.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Has Pep said himself that he is interested in Rabiot?

Rabiot is a good player, the main issue is his attitude and lack of professionalism. Worst case he ends up like Arda, but on a fatter contract. I dont think selling him for profit is the worst case scenario. His signing-on fee and wage (he'll probably be one of the best paid players in the world) means other clubs wont necessarily take him and his wages from us if he acts up.

I’m not sure man.. just going off what BBZ said.

Porque

Its far more likely they will try to cause trouble for us in future signings we try to make.

125m for Rakitic who probably isnt worth more than 30m next summer, would be madness.

I agree with this, I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

But in this whole situation PSG only have themselves to blame.

They refused to negotiate the sale of a player even with 12 months left on his contract. Even now in the Winter market they could try and cut their losses by selling him.

With Rabiot they are both unwilling to agree to his demands (fair enough) but also unwilling to let him go, and then possibly will take issue with the club who signs him by going after their transfer targets or their players. That right there is a whole recipe of not running the club like an actual business but as an expression of the personality of the owner.

In a way Rabiot needs to leave, to open eyes to the practices of PSG. I can't imagine him going silently after being demoted to the 3rd team for half a season (which could be brought to CAS).

Last edited:

FC433

Vidal 31
Busquets 30
Rakitic 30
Rafinha 25
Denis 24
Samper 23
Arthur 22
Alena 20

Oriol Busquets 19
Riqui Puig 19

Rabiot 23
FDJ 21

= 12 players and the problem is that most of them are young who need plenty of time. We need to be careful this time.

What I would do:

I would sell Samper, Denis, Rafinha and Vidal

I would loan O. Busquets and either Alena or Puig

Riordon

IMO Rabiot is not a CM but a DM. Very few key passes, driblings or line breaking movements. The same thing with Arthur.

Raketa10

Vidal 31
Busquets 30
Rakitic 30
Rafinha 25
Denis 24
Samper 23
Arthur 22
Alena 20

Oriol Busquets 19
Riqui Puig 19

Rabiot 23
FDJ 21

= 12 players and the problem is that most of them are young who need plenty of time. We need to be careful this time.

What I would do:

I would sell Samper, Denis, Rafinha and Vidal

I would loan O. Busquets and either Alena or Puig

Gomes,Samper, Denis and Rafinha won't be here next year. O.Busquets is far from the first team. Also if we bring Rabiot and FDJ we will sell Rakitic (or Vidal) for sure.
IMHO Busquets, Arthur, FDJ, Rabiot, Vidal and Alena or Puig is more than great midfield.

IMO Rabiot is not a CM but a DM. Very few key passes, driblings or line breaking movements. The same thing with Arthur.

I agree with this. That's why I prefer De Jong over Rabiot. De Jong is also DM but he is great in that position while Rabiot is some kind of DM/CM hybrid. Regardless of who we sign we should try to incorporate Coutinho in our midfield. I would always play one of those three (Busi, Arthur or De Jong) and Coutinho since none of those three excels in line breaking or dribling in tight spaces. Those three are perfect for keeping the ball but if we talk about direct, vertical ball movement non of them is suitable for that. That's the reason why Coutinho and hopefully Puig one day could work great with them.

Last edited:

Riordon

Gomes,Samper, Denis and Rafinha won't be here next year. O.Busquets is far from the first team. Also if we bring Rabiot and FDJ we will sell Rakitic (or Vidal) for sure.
IMHO Busquets, Arthur, FDJ, Rabiot, Vidal and Alena or Puig is more than great midfield.

In that midfield wouldn't there be too many DM/CM-mixes type of players? Busquest is a DM and I would say Arthur/FDJ/Rabiot are dm/cm mixes. We need more offensive midfielders aswell in the mold of KdB, Bernando Silva and so on. For me it either Rabiot/De Jong + someone like Aouar.

Raketa10

In that midfield wouldn't there be too many DM/CM-mixes type of players? Busquest is a DM and I would say Arthur/FDJ/Rabiot are dm/cm mixes. We need more offensive midfielders aswell in the mold of KdB, Bernando Silva and so on. For me it either Rabiot/De Jong + someone like Aouar.

Read the post above. :) I wrote about that. IMHO Coutinho is perfect for that position and he could work great with those DM/CM players. Alena is also more offensive, Puig for sure isn't DM and bare in mind that Messi basically plays like a CAM/CF these days. He si definitely not a winger anymore, so I don't think we would have problems crating chances but I agree that playing Busi-Arthur-De Jong (or Rabiot) midfield isn't a solution. They for sure need one AM and that's Coutinho who is definitely not a winger!

Last edited:

Riordon

My bad :) Lets see if Coutinho can adapt to that position. IMO its a difficult position to play. More offensive than a CM but not exactly an AM. Iniesta the perfect example. David Silva also. Now Pep is now turning kdb and B.Silva to those type of players.

I doubt Coutinho can do that. Ozil also failed to to that. They are real AM and I can't find place to them in a 4-3-3.

Raketa10

My bad :) Lets see if Coutinho can adapt to that position. IMO its a difficult position to play. More offensive than a CM but not exactly an AM. Iniesta the perfect example. David Silva also. Now Pep is now turning kdb and B.Silva to those type of players.

I doubt Coutinho can do that. Ozil also failed to to that. They are real AM and I can't find place to them in a 4-3-3.

I believe he can. I am almost 100% sure he would perform much better there than on the wing.

Riordon

Really hope he can, that would save us a lot of money. But i doubt it. He plays with his head down, to direct and the most important thing - he lacks defensive work.
We tried him there before, didn't quite work.

I think Rabiot/De Jong + Aouar(?) would be a better solution than Rabiot + De jong

Raketa10

Really hope he can, that would save us a lot of money. But i doubt it. He plays with his head down, to direct and the most important thing - he lacks defensive work.
We tried him there before, didn't quite work.

I think Rabiot/De Jong + Aouar(?) would be a better solution than Rabiot + De jong

I agree on that. That's why I said Rabiot-De Jong-Arthur isn't a solution while De Jong/Rabiot - Arthur - AM would be much better. On the other hand De Jong is definitely more versatile than Rabiot. I don't think we have a luxury or need to sign another AM player because we already have Cou, Alena and Puig to try in that more attacking position. Vidal is also more of an AM than CM player.

Last edited:

Lutece FC

I agree with this, I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

But in this whole situation PSG only have themselves to blame.

They refused to negotiate the sale of a player even with 12 months left on his contract.
Even now in the Winter market they could try and cut their losses by selling him.

With Rabiot they are both unwilling to agree to his demands (fair enough) but also unwilling to let him go, and then possibly will take issue with the club who signs him by going after their transfer targets or their players. That right there is a whole recipe of not running the club like an actual business but as an expression of the personality of the owner.

In a way Rabiot needs to leave, to open eyes to the practices of PSG. I can't imagine him going silently after being demoted to the 3rd team for half a season (which could be brought to CAS).
Not true.

Home of Barca Fans