Adrien Rabiot

BBZ8800

Everything right now looks more like Rabiot's wishful thinking, talking about how great things WERE before we signed De Jong. There is no indication that our club still wants him TODAY.

Bayern is out not necessarily because they couldn't or didn't want to match our offer, it could simply be because they are fed up with his demand (salary among other things) and decided to back out.

In the end he could be a club-less player, which I'd love to see happening. That will teach him and his mother a lesson that he is not as great as he thinks he is.

In December there weren't indications that we are after De Jong.
Guys here were angry because we weren't trying at all to sign him.
And bang: suddenly the deal was done.

Regarding Rabiot, suddenly there isn't any smoke around him with any of clubs.
And Psg isn't trying to offer him a new deal anymore, even though in December some reports were saying that they offered him 12M Net.

Remember before a New Year:
1. Psg was trying to extend a deal all the time
2. Barca was after him, offering crazy wages
3. Bayern was after him, they even wanted to BUY him in January, with only 6 Months on his contract remaining, which was quite crazy
4. Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus were mentioned as his suitors also

Suddenly, there is almost no news about him.
Psg is not trying to change his mind anymore.

Now, since agents and clubs know way more than we do (fans) regarding which deals are done and which players are "free" to negotiate, you have only 2 options:
1. Psg, Barca, Bayern, Tottenham=suddenly ALL clubs changed their minds about Rabiot and nobody wants him anymore (and nobody is trying around him anymore)
2. or, Rabiot is a done deal with one of the clubs, even though it is not public yet, and this is why Psg, Bayern, Tottenham, everyone stopped trying to change his mind

I am not saying that it is a 100% sure deal, but not too much smoke about him lately, imo, means that his future has been decided and agreed long time ago.
His future won't be Psg and Bayern...
Tottenham and Arsenal are too small clubs for his ambitions and they won't pay him that much.

So, who is left? :sherlock:

Last edited:

BBZ8800

News from today and Barto's new updates:
The President of FC Barcelona spoke again on the contractual situation of Adrien Rabiot announced as a future player of the Catalan formation. In an interview with the newspaper Le Figaro, Josep Maria Bartomeu played caution explaining that his club did not contact the international tricolor Paris Saint-Germain.

Asked whether contacts had been made with the 23-year-old midfielder, the boss of the current La Liga leader has been adamant. "No," launched the Spanish leader.

"And if there were, I could not tell you. The planning of the club for the next season is not yet launched, we will start in March. In addition, Barça always puts the priority on the players of our team B. If we do not find them, we will look for them outside. The only sure thing about Rabiot is that on June 30 he will be free, " added Bartomeu.

According to Bartomeu there are "three schools" that interest the Catalan club, the Brazilian, the Dutch "and in particular the French".

"The great talents come from those three countries," he stresses. Asked by Adrien Rabiot, the Barça president replies that there has been no contact with the French midfielder - in conflict with his club, the Paris Saint Germain (PSG), from which he wants to go. "If there was, I could not tell you," he says.

Bartomeu avoids entering directly into the question of whether they are interested: "The planning of the club for the next seasons has not been launched yet, we will be in March."

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

And Psg isn't trying to offer him a new deal anymore, even though in December some reports were saying that they offered him 12M Net.

3. Bayern was after him, they even wanted to BUY him in January, with only 6 Months on his contract remaining, which was quite crazy

Now, since agents and clubs know way more than we do (fans) regarding which deals are done and which players are "free" to negotiate, you have only 2 options:
1. Psg, Barca, Bayern, Tottenham=suddenly ALL clubs changed their minds about Rabiot and nobody wants him anymore (and nobody is trying around him anymore)
2. or, Rabiot is a done deal with one of the clubs, even though it is not public yet, and this is why Psg, Bayern, Tottenham, everyone stopped trying to change his mind

I am not saying that it is a 100% sure deal, but not too much smoke about him lately, imo, means that his future has been decided and agreed long time ago.
Tottenham and Arsenal are too small clubs for his ambitions and they won't pay him that much.

Good post. I guess Rabiot is future Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

The first option you mentioned is not impossible or not unlikely. It is very well possible that nobody wants him right now and he and his mother are working hard to make sure there will be a club signing him in the summer.

If we are smart and we really want him, we should just do nothing and wait for Rabiot to approach us with his tail between his legs, with a lower salary and more realistic expectation of his minutes. We shouldn't be bullied by him.

Personally I'd tell him to take a hike.

Newcomer

News from today and Barto's new updates:

Well, i have already said i think he will end in Barça but your previous posts are not exactly clues about his future destination.

A guy like Ramsey was in the same situation and has already signed for Juventus. What is preventing Rabiot from signing if all is a done deal ? IMO, Rabiot and Barcelona still want each other but his mother is still evaluating all her options before giving the final go. Clubs like United or Chelsea need midfielder and are rich, i could see Rabiot agent waiting for their offer before chosing.

xXKonan

He won't get that 10 Million wage and signing bonus now I reckon.

If he wants to sign he will have to accept half of the original offer.

Jombi

If we get Rabiot, both Raki and Vidal should leave.

Also, getting a CB to challenge Pique and a striker to challenge Suarez will go a long way in our rejuvenation process of our squad.

CatalinR10

If we get Rabiot, both Raki and Vidal should leave.

Also, getting a CB to challenge Pique and a striker to challenge Suarez will go a long way in our rejuvenation process of our squad.

nah , we need 1 alpha as fuck dude in the midfield , even as a sub. Vidal should stay , we need him.

Home of Barca Fans