Adrien Rabiot

xXKonan

Demands to be a starter?

Yeah, good luck with demanding that here off the bat even if Abidal says it. That question is really up to the coach and if Valverde is still here, next season I don't think he would make him a bonafide starter either off the bat without proving himself.

Valverde may be afraid of benching the heavyweights on this team players from the Pep-Tito-Tata-Lucho eras but he has shown that he isn't all that afraid of the guys that were signed under him. I mean Dembele and Coutinho who we blew around 300 Million on are swapping a starting spot in the XI depending who brings more to the table between the two.

Abidal can say what he wants but he's not the coach of this team and you cannot promise someone like Rabiot that he can be a starter.

FinBarcelonafan

Demands to be a starter?

Yeah, good luck with demanding that here off the bat even if Abidal says it. That question is really up to the coach and if Valverde is still here, next season I don't think he would make him a bonafide starter either off the bat without proving himself.

Valverde may be afraid of benching the heavyweights on this team players from the Pep-Tito-Tata-Lucho eras but he has shown that he isn't all that afraid of the guys that were signed under him. I mean Dembele and Coutinho who we blew around 300 Million on are swapping a starting spot in the XI depending who brings more to the table between the two.

Rakitic demanded playing 90 minutes every game. Worked out well for him! I hope D. Suarez is not going to make any demands..

xXKonan

Rakitic demanded playing 90 minutes every game. Worked out well for him! I hope D. Suarez is not going to make any demands..
I mean there's a big difference between the two.

One has been a consistent starter here since 2014 and helped the team win the Treble and two doubles in the process. I'm not a fan of Valverde shithousery when it comes to Rakitic and the player himself these days but at least he had some merit.

Rabiot? He's just a 23-year-old guy who he and his mother thinks is entitled to things despite not being anywhere near the player he thinks he is. Yes he's a good talent but not exactly one that a club like ours should lay down and let him do as he pleases.

Raketa10

Lol.

Enjoy your Rabiot - Busquets - Rakitic midfield.

Don't think Rakitic will be here next season. Rabiot is probably his replacement. I still hope we will sign De Jong though. To be fair I wouldn't mind De Jong-Rabiot-Arthur midfield in the future. That would actually be a respectable midfield.

Guys c'mon stop with this bullshit it's soooo annoying and childish.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think Rakitic will be here next season. Rabiot is probably his replacement. I still hope we will sign De Jong though. To be fair I wouldn't mind De Jong-Rabiot-Arthur midfield in the future.

Guys c'mon stop with this bullshit it's soooo annoying.

I would rather keep Rakitic, and I've criticized him a lot, but I'll rather have Rakitic for another season than sign Rabiot on a 5-year expensive contract.

There is no way in hell Rabiot is even going to work as hard as Rakitic does. Won't even make half the effort.

Raketa10

I would rather keep Rakitic, and I've criticized him a lot, but I'll rather have Rakitic for another season than sign Rabiot on a 5-year expensive contract.

There is no way in hell Rabiot is even going to work as hard as Rakitic does. Won't even make half the effort.

Rakitic works hard indeed but he is not flashy so this forum doesn't respect that at all. Of course Rabiot won't work hard as he does. To be fair Rabiot is worse than Rakitic in basically every aspect of the game.

The club is probably looking at this like: "Raki will be 31 and this is the last chance to cash on him. On the other side Rabiot is free and he will be 24 so if anything goes wrong we'll sell him and actually earn some money".

I have nothing against bringing Rabiot for free as long as this doesn't mean we'll give up on De Jong. If this means we'll pull out of the race for De Jong than fuck Rabiot.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Well the club is probably looking at this like: "Raki will be 31 and this is the last chance to cash on him. On the other side Rabiot is free and he will be 24 so if anything goes wrong we'll sell him and actually earn some money".

I have nothing against bringing Rabiot for free as long as this doesn't mean we'll give up on De Jong. If this means we'll pull out of the race for De Jong than fuck Rabiot.

I agree with this and it makes sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well the club is probably looking at this like: "Raki will be 31 and this is the last chance to cash on him. On the other side Rabiot is free and he will be 24 so if anything goes wrong we'll sell him and actually earn some money".

I don't think they'll sign another midfielder in the summer like de Jong, Ndombele or Aouar.

Especially with Rabiot coming as a bonafide starter. None of those players will join the team.

Raketa10

I don't think they'll sign another midfielder in the summer like de Jong, Ndombele or Aouar.

Especially with Rabiot coming as a bonafide starter. None of those players will join the team.

Well that's fucked up indeed. If Rabiot fails here and we spend one year salary on him I am sure we will still earn serious money if we decide to sell. So financially speaking that's ok but if we miss on De Jong and Rabiot fails here it will be a HUGE FUCKING mistake.

CatalinR10

he's 71 kg ?

I am at the same height and remember some years ago when i was sick , got out of the hospital after almost 3 weeks there and i was 69 kg .

Pretty much looked like a skeleton.

Fucking lol.

khaled_a_d

Demands to be a starter?

There is nothing suggest he demanded to be starter or assured one, the most he can get is a Thiago type of release clause which means lowering his buyout if he didn't play certain amount of minutes.
Abidal assuring him means that he is in the sporting department plans as one, they aren't buying him to be end of the bench or anything, doesn't mean they will force the coach on anything.

Oh lol, he really is 71kg.

Even Busquets weigh more.

"Physical beast"

Those weights aren't updated regularly, could very well from his debut few years ago

xXKonan

Those who think he can replace Rakitic will be in for a shock. A big one.
I expect him to be a weaker Busi as a CM.

The only thing He has in common with Rakitic is that both are tall for CMs and that's it. Rabiot lacks the tactical, Hardworking and attacking threat Rakitic has. I bet the dude would freak the fuck out if Valverde remotely asks him to do the coverage Rakitic does on a daily basis. :lol:

Trafalgar

Is he really that bad? I mean if that's the case we could just sell him with a profit to some mid-table english team ...

Home of Barca Fans