Adrien Rabiot

Joan

I have this simple opinion:

You either sign an established World Class midfielder as a starter or a World Class talent that fits the team and the way football is evolving these days which is more fast-paced football, that you can integrate as a starter later.

If you want an AM/CM then get yourself a Pogba or Eriksen.

If you want a WC talent then get yourself de Jong who should stay in Netherlands this season.
For me it's not either a WC midfielder or a WC talent. You often need experienced guys who offer something different. Rabiot is young but has tons of experience on the highest level. Thus we'd never buy guys like Rakitić.

I'm talking about type, not a player in particular. Have some doubts regarding Rabiot but I believe the club's paying attention to his attitude and requests. In a big club, starting spot is almost never guaranteed. Clubs like Arsenal can fulfill such demands, not Barca.

But atm I don't see we need another midfielder. Maybe one day in Arturo's place.

Arizona Scott

Cut rate now (I don't think it will happen with PSGs' $ and sense of entitlement) or on a free, I think he could be a strong signing.

Rabiot is a proven CL player. Alena, Arthur, De Jong and Puig are not, and more likely than not each of them will not become the player Rabiot is. Be hopeful sure (not that De Jong even plays for Barca), but Rabiot is only 2 years older than Arthur and De Jong.

Rabiot just turned 23. Yes he handled himself poorly after not being selected for France, and will maybe be frozen out this year (by the entitled and retalitory PSG top). That could be a good time to see if a talented player can remake himself, and is motivated to prove his last club and Deschamps (who himself is a petty jerk) wrong in their assessment and treatment.

I think Barca should show interest now, PSG will likely act like buttheads and won't play, then pick him up next summer on a free. Pogba, Eriksen or Savic-Mil will be crazy priced, if acquirable at all. Vidal/Busq/Rakitic are all over 30 and even if Arthur or Alena emerge as Barca class more midfielders will be needed. Rabiot seems a viable option that connects the short term and medium/long term.

Joan

We might miss on him.

[tw]1030164233839771649[/tw]

This one's old.

DaBNropXUAAtUoK.jpg

psychotsek

If he comes free it will be a win win situation.Give him one or two years to prove himself.If he fails sell him to EPL.

Home of Barca Fans