Adrien Rabiot

Joan

Don't point your fingers in Messi983's direction. He's becoming world class and there's nothing we can do about it :coffee:

FC433

I don't want him to succeed at Madrid but I think he's a very good player who could improve them a lot if he'll really sign with them.

It would be just fun to watch people's reactions here if that would happen given how most of them were against us signing Rabiot.

At least I don't want us to lose so EV would get sacked. :p

I agree. He is very talented and it would not really be a surprise to see him succeed at Madrid. However, I am still hoping that we get him.

George_Costanza

AS reported that Florentino and Zidane rate Rabiot highly and might sign him.

OfYGY.gif

Havesaks

a very temperamental and egomaniac player in Madrid's dressing room will be good for us.

don't know whats to be happy about. Zidane is good keeping those kind of personalities in line and madrid yet again a quality player for no money. Combine that with their superior selling track. they gotta have money for decades to come

MTL_Barca

Unless we sell Rakitic (kinda doubt it at this point) we don't need him anyway so who cares if he joins Real Madrid.

Arizona Scott

...At least I don't want us to lose so EV would get sacked. :p

Yep

I agree. He is very talented and it would not really be a surprise to see him succeed at Madrid. However, I am still hoping that we get him.

I see it the same way. I think the smart business plan would be to sell Rakitic (or Busi) (wages off books + big fees) and get Rabiot for a free (taking up one of their's freed wages admittedly. However if the season ends as I hope (treble) I recognize this may not be possible, or even makes sense.

Whether we get Rabiot or not I do not think is huge towards our future or Real. I think De Jong + hopefully the right striker purchase is much more imperative to the Messi era and right now I am focused on that.

FC433

^
definitely.

Puig and O. Busquets are most likely going to be loaned, which is good. Rakitic will not get a new contract and I can see him leaving. We are going to be left with:

CDM: Busquets/ FDJ
CCM: Vidal/ Arthur
CAM: Rabiot?/ Alena

Seems good to me.

George_Costanza

don't know whats to be happy about. Zidane is good keeping those kind of personalities in line and madrid yet again a quality player for no money. Combine that with their superior selling track. they gotta have money for decades to come

An average player who thinks he is creme de la creme, Zidane never worked with such a mentality before so it will be a big test for him.

Also, he isn't cheap, his salary demand, his signing bonus are both too high. It will be difficult to offload him with this kind of salary if things don't work.

Last edited:

God Serena

Can't wait to see people blaming our stupid board for not signing him when he'll go to Madrid and become a worldclass player there. :lol:

When has such a thing actually occurred? The only similar scenario I can think of is Kroos and it's widely recognized that refusing him to sign Rakitic was quite the blunder.

Havesaks

When has such a thing actually occurred? The only similar scenario I can think of is Kroos and it's widely recognized that refusing him to sign Rakitic was quite the blunder.

No thats not widely recognized. Probably opinion of the anti-valverde fans around.

Havesaks

It was widely recognized before we even knew Lucho was going to leave.

So what? If there is a player x who has more barca characteristics then player y, the opinion of most valverde-haters, would be to choose x even tho y would be a better fit.

I think there would be a clear correlation between those two "groups" and also a causality explained by "no matter what we like technical ball playing people and everything else doesn't matter"-facotr.

Home of Barca Fans