Adrien Rabiot

Arizona Scott

De Jong is likely on a pretty high salary (probably not much as 10m a year but 8m I am guessing?), we can't afford Rabiot even if he is free.

Busi abd Vidal are above those wages and Rakitic equal, so if two decide to move on (?). Coutinho (higher wages than them all) and Malcoms (about half Busi's, not small). There will be many interesting decisions still to come.

serghei

His mom is going to fuck up his career :lol:.

I can totally see him going back to Nasser with his tail between his legs doing one of those videos where he swears allegiance to PSG, says he's sorry, and throws his mother under the bus :lol:.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His mom is going to fuck up his career :lol:.

I can totally see him going back to Nasser with his tail between his legs doing one of those videos where he swears allegiance to PSG, says he's sorry, and throws his mother under the bus :lol:.

She must be praying that one of Bayern and Chelsea to get excited by the FREE label.

BBZ8800

Rakitic will be sold this summer.
Busquets could be gone soon.
Denis, Rafinha, Munir, Paco, Samper.

Also, not too many people are mentioning that, but I guess that one out of Malcom/Coutinho will leave a team this summer.
Possibly both.

That's a lot of money and lot of wages.

In 2 years, the only "sure" midfielders here are De Jong and Arthur.
And we need 5-6 midfielders.

Rakitic will be gone, Busquets 33, Vidal 34.
No one knows how Alena or others will develop.

Even with De Jong, Arthur, Rabiot, Alena staying here in 2 years, we will still have 1-2 "free spots" in midfield.

Not to mention that he still offers a different profile to De Jong and Arthur who are quite similar.
And Alena is another Barca's DNA midfielder.
Not to mention Puig.

That is again quite a lot of physically lighter midfielders who will have problems with defending corners or crosses against Roma and similar teams.
I won't even mention a regular defending in some De Jong-Arthur-Alena/Puig trio against teams like Atletico, Liverpool and similar.
So, Rabiot still remains an interesting and a different option.

Last edited:

Jakabor

Also, not too many people are mentioning that, but I guess that one out of Malcom/Coutinho will leave a team this summer.
Possibly both.

Even with De Jong, Arthur, Rabiot, Alena staying here in 2 years, we will still have 1-2 "free spots" in midfield.

Puig.

Devils

I'd still take Rabiot on a free but not for the sake of losing Vidal.

Vidal has bought something to our team that we've been lacking for years and what he has provided has been immense.

No way we can throw that away after only 1 year.

ebieymjunior

Possibly both.

Not to mention that he still offers a different profile to De Jong and Arthur who are quite similar.
And Alena is another Barca's DNA midfielder.
Not to mention Puig.

That is again quite a lot of physically lighter midfielders who will have problems with defending corners or crosses against Roma and similar teams.
I won't even mention a regular defending in some De Jong-Arthur-Alena/Puig trio against teams like Atletico, Liverpool and similar.
So, Rabiot still remains an interesting and a different option.

If we sell both Coutinho and Malcom we'd only have Messi, Suarez, Dembélé (3 forwards) left, which would be highly idiotic though

xXKonan

Rabiot's mom overplayed her hand by the looks of it.

10 Million in wages and a 10 Million in sign on fees just sitting there, better than what other teams were probably willing to pay. All she had to do was get her son to sign some contracts but nope she thought it would be a brilliant idea to keep trying to Poke the Bear (us) by using other team offers in hopes to get more money.

Likely ruined the one chance he had to come here.

Home of Barca Fans