CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

serghei

I feel good about this one. Cautious optimism. I've seen Paris play a few times this season and, other than Cavani's impressive goal tally, they're not that good.

I do too. I think we will get a result, but I don't think we will sentence the tie in Paris like in 2015. That was an abysmal performance from PSG. I think they will play better this time, and we look worse than then. But a 2-2 can happen and it's a very good result.

Cool

They'll come out guns blazing, I think Lucho will instruct the team to sit back and hit on the counter to absorb the pressure.

It's gonna be ugly, folks.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They'll come out guns blazing, I think Lucho will instruct the team to sit back and hit on the counter to absorb the pressure.

It's gonna be ugly, folks.

Don't think Emery will make that gamble in 1st leg.

It's funny, no one knows how this one is going to turn out on the field. While it seems that we fear PSG's high pressure more, they reason that their best chances are on the counter, using ADM and Moura's pace. They remember that conceding 3 last time around ended the tie before the return leg.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]831244073616957445[/tw]

Coach Luis Enrique in his press conference ahead of Tuesday’s game in the Parc des Princes revealed: “We expect a tough tie against a daring PSG side who will put us under pressure in front of their own fans. It will be an attractive game between two ambitious sides.”

He's expecting psg to press.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Okay maybe now he will do something about it. His usual "we did not expect such pressing" lame excuse won't work now.

Mido

I do not know why they shoudn't press us high; it would be really stupid do not use this tactics (ATM lost the 1/2 final copa vs us only because of 45min using a wrong tactics)
With this tactics we always have big problem, without distinction if we play vs big or not big team.

Pressing us high when Iniesta, Busquets and MSN are bringing the heat could be suicidal for them.

I strongly believe that Barca's success will depend on the eleven's collective abilities in creating synergies. Let's not forget that we could nearly have the same team as in 2014/2015.

If we still have the automatisms it could hurt them.

Mido

Luis Enrique's answer to pressing is pretty much nothing but waiting for them to wear themselves out in the 2nd half. The 1st half will be particularly difficult for us.

1:1 would be a good result.

By the way Verratti is playing, right?

Yep he should be playing.
Waiting for them to wear themselves out could be quite rewarding imo. And we should never underestimate MSN's and Iniesta's abilities to make them pay for the spaces they might abandon.

Barcilliant

Hard to say what will happen.

If we are below par I predict a 3-1 loss.

If we play well I can see a 2-1 win.

Emery knows us inside out so he will have a plan,

Mido

Was listening to a report of a French channel on Emery. He seems to have a strong winner's mentality and be extremely passionate about football. These can be his assets but it can also backfire against him.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he actually preferred playing Barca instead of Porto, for instance, in the CL.

ManusXavi

I don't think Paris will do a high press. They will sit back and look to counter. If our counter attack defense has a good day tomorrow and we score 1 goal first. . .you can say goodnight Paris. I was going to say Barca 2-0. Thiago Silva is out so I am now going to predict Barca 3-0.

Home of Barca Fans