CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

snowy

You're right about family, hilariously.

haha dude, you're consistent!

motivational cv-vid --> impossible is ...

as always, credit to Sensei and Life Coach Aleksey Vayner for his invaluable teachings and leadership. And also, he's cool & got xtra force cuz his last name sounds like Vader.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Yea, it's funny. Telling people off for not expecting a miracle. So down to earth.

The point is "anything" doesn't happen in football. The example you used is proof of that. Bayern didn't come remotely close to bridging a 3-0 gap.
This is 4-0. Saying stuff like "barca is a hundred times better" doesn't change the equation, mostly because it's not true.

Bayern still created a lot of chances and that barca was god mode. This psg is nothing compared to that. Smashing them for 4 in 90 min isn't going to be easy but if there is any team that can do it, it is surely us. We have to just forget how bad we have been and play our hearts out in that match.

Liverpool hit milan for 3 goals in one half back then. Surely 4 goals in 90 min isn't that tough.

If i was an arsenal,manu,manc or dortmund fan I would have called it quits. Not going to say game over when my team is as good as fucking barca,even if we are out of form.

F

FlaFCB

Bayern still created a lot of chances and that barca was god mode. This psg is nothing compared to that. Smashing them for 4 in 90 min isn't going to be easy but if there is any team that can do it, it is surely us. We have to just forget how bad we have been and play our hearts out in that match.

Liverpool hit milan for 3 goals in one half back then. Surely 4 goals in 90 min isn't that tough.

If i was an arsenal,manu,manc or dortmund fan I would have called it quits. Not going to say game over when my team is as good as fucking barca,even if we are out of form.

If this was Barça from 2015, surely. This current Barça don't have even one world class performance this season. It'll be hard to get it right for that game.

That's just vastly underestimating PSG. They played their best game ever against us, they were much better than in their 3-1 win or the draws vs barca. Prime barca wouldn't cut it either here.

Anything can happen in one game. But this is a two-legged tie. In one game, I guess barca has(d) a small chance of destroying PSG, which is what they did to us. Not so in a game following a 4 0 defeat.

Put differently, let's say there is a 1 in 10 chance that barca would beat PSG 4 0 or worse at home, in a one-off game. Play a hundred of those games ? About 10 4-0 victories. Ok.
Now imagine PSG is coming to defend a 4-0 win. How many of these games is barca going to win 4-0 or more ? Probably zero. It is immensely more difficult.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

That's your take. To me any kind is valid. As I said, people aren't robots, supposed to follow a rule when expressing themselves. To repeatedly criticize people for venting is also annoying, don't you think? I know I do.

I do not do it repeatedly though. Barcaforum is a place i can stand for a limited amount of time. It is not the only online community that i cannot stand for too long though, mainly because people just use them to ventilate their anger, troll and agitate others with their quite often extremist views. I am quite convinced majority of the people, if gathered in same room or area, would actually get along and be a fun crew, but anonymously the negative sides of human nature appear.
Anyways drifting away from topic. Im done here.

LeeRomeno

I never said it was impossible. I said that the remontada vs Milan was so much more likely, and that I wouldn't bet on barca with this kind of result even if we were facing Getafe. I'm fine with you slamming others thru me, i do it too, but where did I say this was impossible ? You say I and others "predict the worst", gleefully hinting that we wish for the worst to happen just to be vindicated. Back that up or you'll be mocked...

Like i said, my comments came after viewing over 28 pages of ranting here, if u didnt, then do not take it personally, was never meant to be.
As for prediction part of this forum, it is like betting somewhere, does not show attitude, but desire to be better than others in predicting lol. Go ahead and read the atletico-barca forum and find myself glooming how doomed we are. I have been depressed over Barca this season only after this game and Leganes one, we really lacked desire to play and Atletico game was next one up. Before that and after i have had not that many complaints.

F

FlaFCB

I do not do it repeatedly though. Barcaforum is a place i can stand for a limited amount of time. It is not the only online community that i cannot stand for too long though, mainly because people just use them to ventilate their anger, troll and agitate others with their quite often extremist views. I am quite convinced majority of the people, if gathered in same room or area, would actually get along and be a fun crew, but anonymously the negative sides of human nature appear.
Anyways drifting away from topic. Im done here.
You do it. Almost every time after a bad result, you complain that people are complaining. And it's understandable people complain. Football is many things, and one of those is an escape from the day to day. So it's normal people vent after bad results.

LeeRomeno

You do it. Almost every time after a bad result, you complain that people are complaining. And it's understandable people complain. Football is many things, and one of those is an escape from the day to day. So it's normal people vent after bad results.

exaggerate more lol. If that would be the case, we would have very few bad results this season. Sure u do not mix me up with someone else?

F

FlaFCB

exaggerate more lol. If that would be the case, we would have very few bad results this season. Sure u do not mix me up with someone else?

Nope. Most of your posts are complaining about people complaining here. The "negativity" and such. No one else does it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's be realistic, we are not turning this one around. I haven't seen any signs of such in the last couple of games we played.

I am just hoping that we will play our hearts out, completely motivated and win it convincingly, whether it is 1:0, 2:0 or 2:1 etc. A win, playing well and making us proud are all I am asking, please.

You know what, throw out the B team against PSG. Not worth wasting the energy for a slim chance of going through.

I may have given it a try before Madrid's result against Las Palmas today but now that La Liga is back in our hands, that's where the focus should be.

Strange things can happen but in this case it's not worth the effort. There's another title that we have a realistic chance of winning.

That's probably going to be the team's mindset too. In 2013 La Liga was done at that point so there was nothing else to fight for.

Last edited:

snowy

Picture B Team kicking their butts to the moon 8-0 and scoring all goals by accident while PSG keeps hitting the posts hehe
Anyone knows a mambo queen skilled in the arts of bokor
z9l5nbx

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,3]
Ter Stegen
Mascherano-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0
Rafinha-0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
Suarez-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Pique-0-0-0
[/formation]

Yes, Pique up front. Make em panic from the getgo.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
[formation=barca,3]
Ter Stegen
Mascherano-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0
Rafinha-0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
Suarez-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Pique-0-0-0
[/formation]

Yes, Pique up front. Make em panic from the getgo.

You know, except for Busquets as CB, I always liked the idea of just trying something completely nuts like this... Piqué as CF from the get go would be awesome, even if just for laughs...

How about:

[formation=barca,1]
Olaf
Masch-0-0-Umtiti-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
Rakitic-0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta
0-0-Messi-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-Ney Jr-0
0-0-Suárez-0-Piqué-0-0
[/formation]

EDIT: Don't know why the formation thing is showing Masch again in midfield instead of Messi, hahaha...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans