Barca 2021

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1457475900_078774_1457475971_noticia_normal.jpg

Let's fast forward 4 years in Barca time machine. It is summer of 2021.

200w.gif

Messi just turned 34, Bartomeu's tenure is over, we have new Camp Nou.

What did we win in last 4 years, who is our coach, who is in Barca gala 11, who did we elect as president and what the future holds for Barca?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know about anything else and I can't predict what we will accomplish in the last years of Messi's era, but in terms of the future (post-Messi Barca) I am afraid without proper planning and restructuring we probably won't fare well against the cream of the crop teams in Europe for a while. Currently we are just a regular good team (no longer one of the best) without Messi, it will take a fairly long time to fill the huge void his departure will leave us, I think. On the field we probably will win much less silverware in the immediate years after Messi's departure but I hope our next generation of leaders will emerge soon enough.

Off the field I hope our image, our brand name will continue to be strong to allow us to stay financially healthy and competitive in order to attract some of the best players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that you mentioned it I fully expect some time in the future one of the bribed refs to come clean and topple the house of cards in Madrid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know about anything else, but Bartomeu's successor will be the next President. He will not make the same mistake Laporta did by not appointing a successor, and will still have the powerful Grupo Godo behind him. Espai Barca is so important for him since it'll be his legacy.

We'll still be a top 3 team in the World which would have had success the last few years. Xavi will be the coach from the 2021/2022 season.

The Barca brand will be stronger than ever and the new powerhouse of World Football surpassing Real Madrid and Man Utd.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Pique will win the elections. Barça might me in a cycle like the one Milan is now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique will win the elections. Barça might me in a cycle like the one Milan is now.

Flavia, Pique would just be 34 and likely still be playing. I don't see him retiring that early and then run for Presidency at the first possible chance.

F

FlaFCB

Flavia, Pique would just be 34 and likely still be playing. I don't see him retiring that early and then run for Presidency at the first possible chance.

I do. He will retire from the nt after the wc, then play a couple more years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it's for the best for him to travel and get more experience before he runs. That being said, he wouldn't to worse job than Bartomeu.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Interesting question... Do we absolutely have to assume that Bartomeow will stay here for the whole duration of his term? Because that looks bleak to say the least...

Home of Barca Fans