User Tag List

Thread: Barca 2021

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barca 2021

Let's fast forward 4 years in Barca time machine. It is summer of 2021.

Messi just turned 34, Bartomeu's tenure is over, we have new Camp Nou.

What did we win in last 4 years, who is our coach, who is in Barca gala 11, who did we elect as president and what the future holds for Barca?

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about anything else and I can't predict what we will accomplish in the last years of Messi's era, but in terms of the future (post-Messi Barca) I am afraid without proper planning and restructuring we probably won't fare well against the cream of the crop teams in Europe for a while. Currently we are just a regular good team (no longer one of the best) without Messi, it will take a fairly long time to fill the huge void his departure will leave us, I think. On the field we probably will win much less silverware in the immediate years after Messi's departure but I hope our next generation of leaders will emerge soon enough.

Off the field I hope our image, our brand name will continue to be strong to allow us to stay financially healthy and competitive in order to attract some of the best players.
    Sóc Culer.

The Engineer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In football, the result is an impostor. You can do things really, really well but not win. There's something greater than the result, more lasting - a legacy.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you mentioned it I fully expect some time in the future one of the bribed refs to come clean and topple the house of cards in Madrid.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will not have a single canterano in the starting eleven at this rate.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about anything else, but Bartomeu's successor will be the next President. He will not make the same mistake Laporta did by not appointing a successor, and will still have the powerful Grupo Godo behind him. Espai Barca is so important for him since it'll be his legacy.

We'll still be a top 3 team in the World which would have had success the last few years. Xavi will be the coach from the 2021/2022 season.

The Barca brand will be stronger than ever and the new powerhouse of World Football surpassing Real Madrid and Man Utd.
    Last edited by DonAK; 6th February 2017 at 11:29 PM.

FlaFCB
    Pique will win the elections. Barça might me in a cycle like the one Milan is now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will never do a milan or a liverpool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    Pique will win the elections. Barça might me in a cycle like the one Milan is now.
    Flavia, Pique would just be 34 and likely still be playing. I don't see him retiring that early and then run for Presidency at the first possible chance.

FlaFCB
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Flavia, Pique would just be 34 and likely still be playing. I don't see him retiring that early and then run for Presidency at the first possible chance.
    I do. He will retire from the nt after the wc, then play a couple more years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    I do. He will retire from the nt after the wc, then play a couple more years.
    Hmm...Even then he might want to spend time with family. Kids growing up and all that.
    Just get a better midfield

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's for the best for him to travel and get more experience before he runs. That being said, he wouldn't to worse job than Bartomeu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prepare for title defense in Ligue 1.

Barçapocalypse NOW!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting question... Do we absolutely have to assume that Bartomeow will stay here for the whole duration of his term? Because that looks bleak to say the least...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll stay unless he manages to not renew Messi's contract which I doubt will happen.