Kylian Mbappé

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, what is it with African and Asian kids and Ronaldo? They seem to be disproportionately obsessed with Ronaldo.

No idea about asian kids, but african forwards are more often strong, explosive or fast, than they are small and technical. No idea how anyone can support Ronaldo but I suppose most are more similar to him.

El Flaco

Massive hype train on this kid now...

...I'm going to wait until the next striking talent emerges though. :evil:

17349905_2253114778167375_4833227405471872070_o.jpg

kylian-mbappe-cristiano-ronaldo-2012_9gyq29d1shv4175kk1sg11n2g-696x464.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think it's an African kid/people with African background thing here as you also have guys like O. Dembele who is a Barca and Messi fanboy. More of a French thing as from what I've noticed, the love for Real Madrid there is bigger than any non-French team.

Guys like Zidane and Makelele played there and I reckon many people got them as their role models. Especially Zidane. I don't think the majority of the French people even were that mad at Zidane for his moment in the final in 2006, because he carried them to that final.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly, who cares who his idol is? Let the kid be a fan of whomever or whichever team he wants to be. Like damn.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well if your idol is Ronaldo then obviously there's a problem. He represents many things that are wrong in football.

BusiTheKing

Very similar player to Cristiano in his younger days. Great finisher, fast, runs straight at defenders, keeps his eyes on the ball. Not a natural dribbler, but gets around defenders relying on speed and cheap moves. Not very impressive passing or vision. Best trait is being able to run very fucking fast with the ball close to his feet.

CuleLife4Life

Well if your idol is Ronaldo then obviously there's a problem. He represents many things that are wrong in football.

Geez some of you guys take being a fan too seriously. The kid is lighting it up in Europe at 18. I don't see any problem with him because he is a CR7 fan.

Unfortunately, I don't see space for him here especially as a backup. Let him develop in Monaco and come back in 2-3 yrs or when Suarez declines.

Ousmane Dembelé is the exception rather than the norm. Unsurprisingly, talented dribblers will be very likely to be Messi fans. Villarubi's remark is also worth taking into consideration. And yea RM is somewhat favored in France due to history, and recently many people became butthurt at barça dumping PSG out of the CL every other year.

Not that there is much wrong with being a CR7 fan today at 18. M'bappé probably hasn't even watched half his RM career.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think there's everything wrong with being a CR fan. He represent douchery, selfishness and egoism. Maybe that's what's norm today but it still don't make it right.

Maybe they are fans of his physique. Plucked eyebrows, fake tan and all.

Home of Barca Fans