Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

haven't heard much from this farmer lately. How's he been. :dembele:

He was on the bench last game and came in late into the game.

He was instantly the most influential player on the field.

A good showing but he still has this finishing problem. He can create chances or go into good positions but his shooting technique and where is chose to put the ball is what is letting him down.

For once, he could learn from Di Maria how to chip the ball past the goalkeeper.

Newcomer

Allegedly dropped for stating that the team lacked personality during the Lille game? What's wrong with that statement?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Kylian-Mbappe.html?__twitter_impression=true

PSG is playing Rennes in French Cup final in 10 days.

With already 2/3 of the starting team injured, it is pretty understandable he will be rested for the real important game.

I can't even make a team with the remaining players available today (some are suspended on top of the many injuries).

I advise you to bet on a loss of PSG or, at best, a draw.

Ofc, Daily Mail is not really a standard for clever and honest journalism. Just look at how the title of the article is worded with some words highligted like "drop"...

Nothanks

who honestly cares about this golden boot

messi is on route to a treble
mbappe is raking the fields and tending to farm animals

CatalinR10

who honestly cares about this golden boot

I do , I'd rather watch someone who deserves win it rather than some guy who is farming goals left and right vs plebs in a shit league.

I have no ideea why the coefficient is 2 points for their league anyways , can someone answer ?

They also had a shit campaign in CL and Europa League , will their coefficient still remain 2 ?

Hardy

I do , I'd rather watch someone who deserves win it rather than some guy who is farming goals left and right vs plebs in a shit league.

I have no ideea why the coefficient is 2 points for their league anyways , can someone answer ?

They also had a shit campaign in CL and Europa League , will their coefficient still remain 2 ?

ranking uefa, first 5 have coefficient 2.0, France passed Portugal 2 years ago.

Morten

The french league may not be that great, but lets be honest, la liga is getting weaker as well.
Just look at the state of Atletico, who is in 2nd, or RM in 3rd, these are the two best teams in the league after Barca? Really?
La liga is better than the french league, but the gap isnt as big as people like to believe, mostly due to la liga getting weaker.

Barcilliant

The french league may not be that great, but lets be honest, la liga is getting weaker as well.
Just look at the state of Atletico, who is in 2nd, or RM in 3rd, these are the two best teams in the league after Barca? Really?
La liga is better than the french league, but the gap isnt as big as people like to believe, mostly due to la liga getting weaker.

Overall I would have to agree with you. However Real are going to spend huge money in the summer and will be formidable once again. AM need to get rid of Simeone. The relationship has become stale. He doesn't have any new ideas and it's time to move on.

Newcomer

The gap is still important imo because the lower spanish clubs are better technically.

However, la Ligue 1 is not as easy as they say here because it is a very physical league. Neymar has said so, even Jesé has said so. And as football is a sport, the physical side can't be overlooked.
It is also the reason why english clubs like to poach Ligue 1 players : they are very rapidly able to cope with the premier league physicality while having more talent than the usual english players (maybe not true for the new wave of english players). And players in Ligue 1 are showing it is not that harder to be good in la Liga like Lo Celso (considered best transfer of the season ?), Guedes is one of the best player of Valencia, Gameiro was a good player at Sevilla and Atletico, Ben Yedder at Sevilla, etc.

The only real problem of Ligue 1 though is money, but the same can be said for portuguese or lower leagues like dutch one. Once you have a decent player, he can be bought without much resistance by their clubs, simply because they are overwhelmed by the financial might of other european clubs.

And it will take time to develop a better economical context for the whole french clubs (that spends way more money than any european counterpart on taxes).
For example, Lyon has a good strategy for the future being the only club in top flight with their own stadium. Usually stadia are properties of the city. However, they have huge difficulty to fill their stadium and end up giving tickets for free (and still, it is not full). PSG would have no problem to fill a bigger stadium but there is no place to build a new stadium in Paris and the current Parc des Princes can't be demolished and rebuilt and can't be remodeled.

About the goal coefficient, it has always been the same for the top 5 leagues. Why is it a problem now ?
I remember, not too long ago, Ligue 1 was known for being very very defensive with a lot of 0 - 0. At this time, no one was complaining with the goal coefficient, while other leagues like Germany were known for being heavy on the goals. Now that they are more goals in Ligue 1, it has suddenly become an issue for some people...

To stay on topic, and without surprise, Mbappé said again he will stay with PSG next season. It had already been said by the journalist close to his family : Julien Maynard.

Newcomer

Overall I would have to agree with you. However Real are going to spend huge money in the summer and will be formidable once again. AM need to get rid of Simeone. The relationship has become stale. He doesn't have any new ideas and it's time to move on.

Yeah. Real Madrid is in a very good place. Not with the current squad and with their rivals (Barcelona) winning everything on the national side with a great chance of lifting CL this year. But with the future squad they can build thanks to their aura and their ginormous financial might.

With FFP, Real, Barca, MU are back to being the richest clubs. I would add City too since they have British TV rights.
Real and Barça are going to get 120/150 M per year just from Adidas and Nike. Other clubs can only dream of getting that money from the kit manufacturer + the main sponsor.
If the other clubs you are competing with are not the british ones with their inflated TV rights, you are able to do several deals at 80 / 100 M while they can't.

I'm more sad for Atletico though. It has always been my favorite club in Spain but they are losing even their "future" players like Hernandez. The only good thing for them is they can rely on a very good scouting. They are masters for getting the best goalkeepers consistenly, solid defenders, some of the best attacking players for reasonable prices.

Morten

Yeah. Real Madrid is in a very good place. Not with the current squad and with their rivals (Barcelona) winning everything on the national side with a great chance of lifting CL this year. But with the future squad they can build thanks to their aura and their ginormous financial might.

With FFP, Real, Barca, MU are back to being the richest clubs. I would add City too since they have British TV rights.
Real and Barça are going to get 120/150 M per year just from Adidas and Nike. Other clubs can only dream of getting that money from the kit manufacturer + the main sponsor.
If the other clubs you are competing with are not the british ones with their inflated TV rights, you are able to do several deals at 80 / 100 M while they can't.

I'm more sad for Atletico though. It has always been my favorite club in Spain but they are losing even their "future" players like Hernandez. The only good thing for them is they can rely on a very good scouting. They are masters for getting the best goalkeepers consistenly, solid defenders, some of the best attacking players for reasonable prices.

Our situation is awful, and it wont improve that much.
No, the rise of the oil clubs and inflation that comes with it, means we cant actually buy big stars anymore.

Not too mention that Barca has proven to be in auto-pilot mode in la liga, even without Messi, its not a serious competition for them anymore, la liga is essentially their playground, much like Serie A is for Juventus.

So, we wont have to financial strength to keep up with the rich oil clubs in Europe (PSG has to stop choking at some point), and domestically is basically a hopeless situation, we are screwed for years to come.

BarcaOG

Banned
Of course the golden boot matters--it is part of Messi's legacy. The sort of thing people will point to long after he stops playing. The GOAT should be winning everything there is to win.

Besides, if he loses it to Mbappe, you just know a crowd will begin to form arguing that Mbappe is already better than Messi and all that. Mbappe will get his golden boots and at least a ballon d'or at some point, but we are still in Messi's era.

Home of Barca Fans