Kylian Mbappé

FinBarcelonafan

Not to mention, it seems like we're going though some dire straits financially, so unless we find lots of cash very quickly, it seems like pining for Mbappé, or Neymar even, is something the board just won't do

Neymar would be funded with sales mostly. Raki, Coutinho and Dembelee.

slicknick

Neymar would be funded with sales mostly. Raki, Coutinho and Dembelee.

Interesting...So we are funding a short-term signing by offloading 3 players (and not even sure if we can get enough money for those 3)...And no viable plan on rebuilding the rest of the squad; be it attackers, midfielders or defenders...

Even for Neymar, it's clear to me that PSG would never settle for anything short of 200M

It's Godfather time. Give PSG an offer they can't refuse. Dembele , Coutinho , Griezmann PLUS 100m for Mbappe.

Mbappe ain't R9 level but there is no youngster out there that is even remotely close to his level. When gold is rare it becomes more expensive.

gregorrin10

It's Godfather time. Give PSG an offer they can't refuse. Dembele , Coutinho , Griezmann PLUS 100m for Mbappe.

Mbappe ain't R9 level but there is no youngster out there that is even remotely close to his level. When gold is rare it becomes more expensive.

Agree on everything. Except I say minus Dembele. I want to see how he does under Setien first, he's still been only judged under Valverde and his incompetent training regime which made him more injury prone that he actually is. His time at Rennes and Dortmund showed he can stay fit with the right regime. And under Setien we already see the training and physical preparation regime is gonna be very different and who knows, maybe Dembele can shake off his injuries and leaves them in his past. While the quality has always been there, no doubt.

Not to mention Coutinho+Griezmann alone are worth 200M already, so that's actually a 300M offer then, already highest transfer fee ever (not in pure money, but still). I do imagine 300M would be enough for PSG to at least think really hard about selling him, even if it is to us, if Mbappe makes a little push himself too. To Madrid I think they'd even agree to sell for less, but not much less, probably for like 250M. But if they take our offer, that also means they'd already be getting two proven world class players, not just pure money, which we know can disappear into thin air quickly if they make a bad signing or two, but this way they're already getting a world class striker and winger/midfielder to try and start their next era. Cause with Mbappe and Neymar now you just know they have an expiration date, cause both of them will get tired of playing there at some point. And in Coutinho and Griezmann they'd basically be getting already two man for man made replacements, right down to their nationalities. And I do think Mbappe will get tired of PSG too, especially if he doesn't win the Ballon'D Or in the next 3-5 years, which he won't at least not while playing there. He knows he needs to go to either Barca or Madrid or at least the PL to make a real push for it.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Not to mention, it seems like we're going though some dire straits financially, so unless we find lots of cash very quickly, it seems like pining for Mbappé, or Neymar even, is something the board just won't do

That is true. First we will have to sell or loan some useless players to create some cash for new signings. Also, several of our veterans should retire or find another clubs in the MLS. With the current financial situation, I doubt the board will be willing to pay 200 or 300 millions for just one player. That may happen if we have a completed roster and need just one world class star.

KingLeo10

If he's so unhappy about life at PSG, he should have just chosen RM in the first place 2 years ago. Or any other elite club if he didn't think he had a spot at RM back then. I mean PSG being a Qatari prison was a well established fact. Not sure why he's throwing a hissy fit every other game.

El Gato

Villarato!
So why's he a cunt? Didn't think you'd be one for showing sympathy to a rather poorly assembled sporting project.

Home of Barca Fans