Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

1575745458_762384_1575745568_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

Completely snubbed Tuchel after being subbed off.

Has the ego of a CR7 without even a 1/10th of the accomplishments.

Never liked the arm folding turtle anyway.

True.

Has he been poor this season?

I don't typically watch Ligue 1 but it always seems as though PSG are just scraping by in most games....

In the 3 or so matches I watched Kylian was nothing special. Is he bored?

He has been rather poor although he has been injured (like almost any PSG player this season). He had an impressive 30 minutes stint against Bruges away and some good games where he has been subbed in returning from injury but overall he has been pretty bad.

Yesterday, if you look at highlights (and you can clearly see the entirety of the few good things PSG is doing this season in highlights) you would have seen his beautiful goal and his wonderful outside of the foot assist for Icardi. You would have thought he had a world class performance. However, he was just nowhere to be seen during the whole game or bad. His very worst being Bruges game at home i think. On top of that, he has a bit of an attitude.

The whole team is pretty poor, out of form, so i wouldn't single him out but he is acting the same way he had shown at Monaco when he wasn't happy with a situation. It is his character.
He is not bored. I told you here that for, all is being said about Neymar, Mbappé is even more a "shark" than the brazilian. He has a good image in the media but he can be a bit ruthless. He is just unhappy because he doesn't want to be subbed off and prolly think it was disrespectful to him as he wanted to score more goals if possible.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Heard he refused a contract renewal by psg..
You know Perez is obsessed with this kid to join them after failing with Neymar.
Last thing we need is this ronaldo wannabee run havoc on la liga and a barca without Messi for a decade.

Hope he renews or joins an english club.

malvolio

that WC win came too soon and in such favorable circumstances, for most of the players in that squad. a bunch of spoiled divas apart from kante. just reading those names makes you think that it is some circus rather than a team: pogba, rami, griezmann, dembele, mendy etc.
looking at most of the players from that squad and where they are now, gives you a picture of self sufficiency and egos not being able to cope with the success

FinBarcelonafan

You know Perez is obsessed with this kid to join them after failing with Neymar.
Last thing we need is this ronaldo wannabee run havoc on la liga and a barca without Messi for a decade.

This might sound suicidal but I would him prefer in Madrid than in England. LaLiga needs all the superstars they can get. Barca and Madrid has to lift each other to higher levels. It's important we have strong competition.

Messigician

This might sound suicidal but I would him prefer in Madrid than in England. LaLiga needs all the superstars they can get. Barca and Madrid has to lift each other to higher levels. It's important we have strong competition.

No it's not lol. Madrid can get relegated for all I care.

Donatello

Agreed, it is beneficiary for both sides to remain elite. You don't want a one team league.

It also makes a team interesting, and achievements have a higher value. For instance no one gives shit or credit if PSG wins the league.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Not worried about him joining RM. I'm giving him another 4-5 years before he's one of the perennial also-rans like Neymar.

People forget that Messi and CR7 mutually benefitted from the most intense sports rivalry next to probably the big 3 in tennis.

You need that motivation to sustain a best in the world level for 10+ years.

Newcomer

There is no news in French media, sources close to PSG or sources close to Mbappé that have said he has refused a renewal.

All the sources have said that PSG has prepared a new contract and is opening talks with Mbappé. They said that Mbappé is not in an hurry and wants to wait before making his choice.

I think (and i'm almost 100% sure) he won't renew (and will cause trouble this summer) but the news saying he has refused are false because he has not refused yet.

Newcomer

that WC win came too soon and in such favorable circumstances, for most of the players in that squad. a bunch of spoiled divas apart from kante. just reading those names makes you think that it is some circus rather than a team: pogba, rami, griezmann, dembele, mendy etc.
looking at most of the players from that squad and where they are now, gives you a picture of self sufficiency and egos not being able to cope with the success

You took names and did a generalization.

Rami was a past it player before he got bought by Marseille. He somewhat had a good season and Deschamps appreciated his attitude which had allowed him to be part of the group of the World Cup winners. At the same time, he was living a romance with Pamela Anderson and was trying to become a public figure and it ended bad both in his private life and in his professional life (he said he didn't feel like he was a pro anymore).

Griezmann was still the best asset of Atletico when he was poached by Barça.

Dembélé wasn't spoiled by the WC win. Actually, he fell down in the hierarchy of players in the national team. His recurring injuries at Barça are ruining him.

Mendy was taken at the WC while he was injured for most of the season. Turns out that, after the WC, he was still injured.

Pogba, despite all the criticism, is aknowledged as the best player of MU with de Gea. And de Gea had a pretty poor season last year. He is always a bit hit and miss in his game though. And now, he is just out for injury since the start of the season.

In most cases, the guy you have listed have been ruined by injuries (they were already fragile before the world cup in most cases) not by their ego. Griezmann is learning to play at a new club where he isn't the main focus among the attack minded players.

For me, the real problem of Mbappé now is that the opponents have figured him out. He is not new and they know how to defend against him : don't let him get any speed when he receives the ball. Neymar, for example, has that talent to be able to eliminate anyone even when he is not in motion. Also, people have overrated him due to his young age. Michael Owen, Anelka were well known as very young star players but they didn't reach the heights of a Messi or even a Cristiano Ronaldo. I don't think Mbappé will either.

slicknick

Seriously wondering i we stand any chance (I mean any chance at all) to steal him from under the noses of Real Madrid...We need a player to build the team around , to slowly start preparing for the post-Messi era (unpopular opinion, I know)

CatalinR10

Seriously wondering i we stand any chance (I mean any chance at all) to steal him from under the noses of Real Madrid...We need a player to build the team around , to slowly start preparing for the post-Messi era (unpopular opinion, I know)

of course we can but I think he'll end up at RM just so he can flex on the haters. RM is an incredible brand and just like the iphone , some people are drawn to it because of the hype even though there are other clubs or phones who are better .

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Uploaded an Mbappé lookalike tutorial for Fifa 20 Pro Clubs/Career mode. Let me know what you guys think ;) quite proud of it :lol:
[youtube]BIvO_KhVf6k[/youtube]

slicknick

of course we can but I think he'll end up at RM just so he can flex on the haters. RM is an incredible brand and just like the iphone , some people are drawn to it because of the hype even though there are other clubs or phones who are better .

Not to mention, it seems like we're going though some dire straits financially, so unless we find lots of cash very quickly, it seems like pining for Mbappé, or Neymar even, is something the board just won't do

Home of Barca Fans