Kylian Mbappé

xXKonan

Guess that's the nature of a lot of these fast and very talented FW/Wingers these days.

They can pull off some cool stuff and be very pacy but once you take away their space they breakdown and struggle. Well, to be fair I guess I'm just so used to watching Messi, Hazard and even Neymar who themselves are so good in tight spaces.

Newcomer

What do you expect. He hangs around and learns from Neymar

Well, the problem here is he is trying to do what a Neymar or a CR7 do instead of playing simple as he was doing before.

He does not have the talent of the guys above and should stick to his qualities.

Now, people in France in general will judge him more harshly after his declaration "i want more responsabilities". He invited people to stop taking into account he is 20 and they won't excuse any of his mistakes.

When you talk big like that, you have to show up on the pitch immediately afterwards.

Devils

This guy is going to be the downfall of this golden France generation.

He's too much a headcase to realize that he just isn't that good and his ego will destroy the team from the inside out.

Pericles

Great players make their teammates shine. As a supporter of PSG, for having seen all of his games this season, his attitude is not good. Too individualistic. He started the season by taking a red card, and he finished it by taking a red card again. Behavioral problems, negative body language, passivity without the ball, many words in the media ... It goes wrong. He annoyed a lot of fans. His age is no longer an excuse. He has a status. He claims responsibilities, but never shows up when he has to take them. His ego and his personal goals are all phagocyting within the team. Even Neymar does not give us the impression of being so individual. Sportingly, he did not pass any course to the PSG. He has never been decisive in the Champions League. Many words, a lot of frustration, but very few results outside of his goals against minor teams.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He has everything to be whatever he wants to be in this game.

When I first saw him a couple of years ago I saw shades of Ronaldo in him (the original Ronaldo). He still has that in him I believe.

He's just made a terrible career choice by staying in France to join PSG and that culture. He needs structure and a top quality coach and watch him fly. He needs to get out of his comfort zone in France and choose his next move wisely.

Newcomer

One horrible game and the sky is falling.

Typical humans we are.

No.

We all know what he is capable of doing. No one is saying he is done.

It is just that when you talk big like that, you have to back it up. You can't forget people were liking him a lot for his good speech, good attitude, on top of his footballing talent. Now, he has grown and is still growing but has put up a different image with his recent declaration. It is the image of someone that is ready to ask to be the boss but he didn't show it on the pitch. He then comes out as arrogant.

I mean, even Neymar at PSG, didn't talk like that and we all know who is the better player when both are fit. CR7 was used to that too but he won several CL, scores countless of clutch goals. Mbappé still needs to grow before he can make the same claims.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No.

It is just that when you talk big like that, you have to back it up. You can't forget people were liking him a lot for his good speech, good attitude, on top of his footballing talent. Now, he has grown and is still growing but has put up a different image with his recent declaration. It is the image of someone that is ready to ask to be the boss but he didn't show it on the pitch. He then comes out as arrogant.

I mean, even Neymar at PSG, didn't talk like that and we all know who is the better player when both are fit. CR7 was used to that too but he won several CL, scores countless of clutch goals. Mbappé still needs to grow before he can make the same claims.

But it was ONE game, right? If Mbappe had consistently been underpar that I'd would have agreed with you. One game, even the best like Messi can have a lot of episodes of such.

No.

Mbappe is good, very good but he is made to seem better than he is actually is because the new generation of footballers are perhaps the poorest generation we have witnessed for decades. There is literally no youngster who comes anywhere close to this guy. Last year they were saying Ousmane was 2nd to him. If Dembele is his nearest competitor to dominate the next generation then no wonder he is talking like a boss.

Newcomer

The previous generation was just too good.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi broke all kind of records. It is like Nadal/Federer/Djokovic, Serena Williams in tennis. We are witnessing the greatness of living legends of their sport.

Tackle

I am very disappointed with the technical ability of this new generation of attackers. The talent pool of elite strikers is virtually nonexistent bar maybe a few exceptions and all the wingers seem to be explosive speed demons. A young Neymar coming up right now would put all these talents to shame.

Home of Barca Fans