Kylian Mbappé

Donatello

He's the second or third best player in the world. Neymar at his best is better, but he hasn't been the same since his injury.

Too soon buddy. Lacazette was the top scorer in ligue 1 iirc with much worse teammates, now see him in PL.

Mbappe is exceptional at 19, but to call him a top 3 player is premature.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

At 19, Lacazette was scoring his first goal in Ligue 1. Mbappe already scored 30 of them, lifted the world cup, scoring in the final, a bit more than a year after playing the CL semi finals (during which he scored too) and winning the league with Monaco. I don't really see where you're going with that comparison honestly.

Donatello

He's a WC winner. Stop the nonsense about Ligue 1.

Have you heard of Mario Gotze?

FYI, He was considered a generational talent, wanted by many top clubs. He was also a WC winner, even scored the winner in the final.

I know Mbappe isn't going to be like that. But, just a reality check.

He will be in the top 3, but not yet.

Messi, CR7 then Salah or Neymar are top 3 atm.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

FYI, He was considered a generational talent, wanted by many top clubs. He was also a WC winner, even scored the winner in the final.

Bit wrong to compare him to Gotze just because they both scored in WC finals. Gotze was anonymous for the whole tournament in 2014 whereas Mbappe has been great this year.

Jair Ventura

Have you ever heard of Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima? That is a more apt comparison.

Givenchy

add KdB to those aswell

Mbappe is destined to be #1 when Leo, Ronaldo retire and he realizes even more of his potential

Pepe Silvia

Messi, Salah, CR, Coutinho, Modric, Griezmann, De Bruyne, even Bale and Ney on form all better than Mpabbe currently. He will have his time and will be best in the world maybe soon as this season. He is that freakishly good.

fergus90

I’ve been watching football properly since 94’, since then only Ronaldo de Lima, Messi and Mbappe have really looked incredible standout footballers in their teens.

I remember Cristiano’s game against Man United for sporting Lisbon when he looked great but he took a little while after that to get going.

Mbappe lacked consistency at times last year but when he was on form he was top quality. I expect that consistency will arrive now.

Jair Ventura

You would take current Mbappe over current CR7? Do you think he'll have a comparable career or better/worse?

I didn't mean to highlight CR because I didn't want to have the argument, but yes, I would. With good health he'll be one of the best ever. He's the closest thing I've seen to pre injury O Fenômeno.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans