Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

Ok, but what does diving have to do with this? Mbappe refused to let a teammate score his third, acted like a selfish prick, hence certain users labeled it disgusting. Justified or not. Double standards would mean they praised Suarez for doing the same. But they didn't. For at least one reason. Suarez ain't like that.

Not a problem, maybe. He wasn't obliged to give it to Di Maria. Didn't deserve no card/ban/fine, but the same could be said about celebrating teammates' goals. Those petty acts make a team. If you care only about your tally, you'll be called a prick. Nothing wrong with that. Not to mention that it usually hurts the club...

That hurts the club ? Lmao. Explain to me how exactly it hurts the club.
Just recently, Pogba did the exact same thing, taking penalty over Lukaku and he missed.
Did you see a problem with the club ? Did Lukaku and Pogba get into a fight ?

Come on guys, this happens and has happened in every period of football. It will likely happen in the future and no club got hurt bu such trivial things.

Sometimes i wonder if you are for real, guys.

Joan

Didn't see what Alik was referring to. Thought we were talking about the pen. However, that's a sad attempt :lol: :lol: was he given a foul?
That hurts the club ? Lmao. Explain to me how exactly it hurts the club.
Just recently, Pogba did the exact same thing, taking penalty over Lukaku and he missed.
Did you see a problem with the club ? Did Lukaku and Pogba get into a fight ?

Come on guys, this happens and has happened in every period of football. It will likely happen in the future and no club got hurt bu such trivial things.

Sometimes i wonder if you are for real, guys.
Glad you picked United. A club which was a laughing stock for half of the year due to poor relations within the squad. Yes, it is petty, almost trivial - but as I said, petty acts like that make a team's dynamics. It certainly doesn't help.

Prioritizing your own tally over the dynamics of the team is selfish. Makes him look like a prick. If you don't mind it, no biggie. I don't either. Others do.

To answer the question: yes, I'd expect Dembele to let Raki take it. Or vice versa. That's what (usually) good teammates do.

Newcomer

Didn't see what Alik was referring to. Thought we were talking about the pen. However, that's a sad attempt :lol: :lol: was he given a foul?

Glad you picked United. A club which was a laughing stock for half of the year due to poor relations within the squad. Yes, it is petty, almost trivial - but as I said, petty acts like that make a team's dynamics. It certainly doesn't help.

Prioritizing your own tally over the dynamics of the team is selfish. Makes him look like a prick. If you don't mind it, no biggie. I don't either. Others do.

To answer the question: yes, I'd expect Dembele to let Raki take it. Or vice versa. That's what (usually) good teammates do.

Exactly, i chose a good example because that incident happened during the good period of Solskjaer tenure. So this is a perfect example to show it did not create infighting or hurt the club.
You are really stretching to find a fault where there is not. It is like players arguing to get to shot a free kick. It happens, it has happened and it will happen again and that won't hurt anyone or anything. Tell me the big consequences you have noticed after such incidents and how that hurt their club please.

Givenchy

Look Joan.

Those are comments from this action.

Also again, the penalty is a non issue lol.

Imagine Dembélé that is never going to shot a penalty kick. Let's say he is 3rd in line after Messi and Suarez. Rakitic scores a brace. Would you think Dembélé is shitty because he wants to take the penalty while it is his duty this game ?

with all respect, Dembele wouldn't have a choice in the matter as hes a 21 year old. now, if a senior like Raki gave him the penalty to take, fine.

Mbappe is still very young but he has so much influence, i think it'll end up going to his head

not gonna mock PSG or Mbappe, you guys aren't even our rivals so imo the amount of hate is unwarranted now.

Havesaks

I read that he was a Real Madrid fan even before Ronaldo joined them. Any truth to it?

From what his old room looked like, it is all Ronaldo.

DFprl2WXcAEyxr2.jpg

HAHAHAHA holy fuck. Thats almost an obssesion to unhealty degree (at least if he was a bit older). Man this guy will go to real madrid.

Newcomer

with all respect, Dembele wouldn't have a choice in the matter as hes a 21 year old. now, if a senior like Raki gave him the penalty to take, fine.

Mbappe is still very young but he has so much influence, i think it'll end up going to his head

not gonna mock PSG or Mbappe, you guys aren't even our rivals so imo the amount of hate is unwarranted now.

Thank you for that "neutral interaction" that doesn't see anything PSG or PSG players related as an embodiment of "evil" or "disgusting". If a PSG player do something good, he is a farmer. If he dives, it is disgusting and never seen before. If they argue for a penalty, the club is going to go down to second division and the owner will quit.

I know and agree with you that Dembélé wouldn't get that opportunity but it was to make a relevant example with Mbappé as they play on the wing with two guys (Suarez and Messi) that will likely take all the free kicks and penalties.

In regards of Mbappé age and his responsabilities, i think it is more down to his mentality. Even in national team, Mbappé is often talked as a key player despite his young age.
Dembélé is cooler and care free. Mbappé seems more driven ans ambitious but this has also drawbacks. Mbappé want to see himself as the best player in the future and wants to win everything. At Monaco already, he was saying that he didn’t care if he was 17 and the other guy 29. That he didn't want people talking him about his age as if he had to wait. No, he wanted to play and when he did he scored 3 goals.
This is the mentality he has. The guy is really very ambitious but also very full of himself, big headed. However, he knows how to talk with the media so he can keep the cover of the fake humbleness. I'm ok with that if he can back it up. So far, he is good but not at the level to act like he is Crit Ronaldo.

Newcomer

HAHAHAHA holy fuck. Thats almost an obssesion to unhealty degree (at least if he was a bit older). Man this guy will go to real madrid.

He was mostly fan of Cristiano Ronaldo though.
Even is celebration is sometimes a rip off when he jumps.

I really don't think he has a special love for Real Madrid. He will love their status and what he can achieve there though.

In his mind, he probably wants to win the Champions League with PSG and become a legend there. Then, he would want to create his own legend in a club with higher status. It could be Barcelona after Messi for example or after Suarez, it could be Real Madrid.

To sway Mbappé, you need ton of money, playing time ofc but you certainly need to make him feel you can help him obtain a legendary status.

The kind of player that wants to brag interiorly "been there, done that".

Havesaks

He was mostly fan of Cristiano Ronaldo though.
Even is celebration is sometimes a rip off when he jumps.

I really don't think he has a special love for Real Madrid. He will love their status and what he can achieve there though.

In his mind, he probably wants to win the Champions League with PSG and become a legend there. Then, he would want to create his own legend in a club with higher status. It could be Barcelona after Messi for example or after Suarez, it could be Real Madrid.

To sway Mbappé, you need ton of money, playing time ofc but you certainly need to make him feel you can help him obtain a legendary status.

The kind of player that wants to brag interiorly "been there, done that".

Well you may be right, and with dembele and our french colony and abidal, we might just have enough pull to make him come here. Another thing is that i do suspect Real Madrid to has the economy to make a bigger offer when its time with higher wages. But in that case, we need to shoot the price up the sky like they have done it countless of times.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think if PSG doesn't advance to the CL semi-finals next year he will probably ditch them and join Real Madrid. With two years left on the contract, PSG can still force Real Madrid to fork out a lot of money for him. 300m?

Newcomer

Well you may be right, and with dembele and our french colony and abidal, we might just have enough pull to make him come here. Another thing is that i do suspect Real Madrid to has the economy to make a bigger offer when its time with higher wages. But in that case, we need to shoot the price up the sky like they have done it countless of times.
No one can predict what he will do in the future. He himself prolly doesn't know yet. He is fine at PSG at the moment and it is all that matters.
Real has maintained contact with his family since their failed attempt when he left Monaco, so it can be a huge factor other than the money.

What i was trying to say is those Cristiano Ronaldo poster don't mean shit in regards of his future. He had the choice to go to Madrid when CR7 was still playing there and he actually turned them down while clubs had agreed and Monaco was pushing for Madrid.
He was idolizing CR7 as a kid but he is pretty self centered on his career. I think that is the reason he prefered PSG after Monaco. His next destination will be career motivated choice too (with money as a factor too ofc).

Newcomer

I think if PSG doesn't advance to the CL semi-finals next year he will probably ditch them and join Real Madrid. With two years left on the contract, PSG can still force Real Madrid to fork out a lot of money for him. 300m?

It depends on FFP. PSG won't sell unless they are forced to.
So the earlier they would consider if not forced would be like Chelsea and Hazard, one year before the end of contract.
PSG didn't even want to sell Rabiot last summer so imagine Mbappé.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It depends on FFP. PSG won't sell unless they are forced to.
So the earlier they would consider if not forced would be like Chelsea and Hazard, one year before the end of contract.
PSG didn't even want to sell Rabiot last summer so imagine Mbappé.

If PSG sells him in 2021, wouldn’t it fetch a lot less money for them though?

The other thing is Mbappe is no Rabiot, he is a lot more powerful with regard to his negotiation position vis-a-vis PSG, compared to Rabiot, I think. So if he really wants to jump ship and join Madrid for example, PSG might be forced to make a deal. You can’t banish Mbappe to the stand after all.

Newcomer

Lol. Have you seen PSG under Qatar making "deals" to sell players they don't want to sell ? Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Verratti etc. are saying hello.
PSG won't care that they will get less money in 2021 because PSG is not planning to sell at all. All PSG want is the player, so they'll keep him the longest time possible, hoping they can persuade him into renewing.

jairzinho

I've said before, only way he leaves Paris is on a free. 2 years remaining on his contract will not force Nasser's hand, maybe one year and under and they'll entertain 'reasonable' bids.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol. Have you seen PSG under Qatar making "deals" to sell players they don't want to sell ? Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Verratti etc. are saying hello.
PSG won't care that they will get less money in 2021 because PSG is not planning to sell at all. All PSG want is the player, so they'll keep him the longest time possible, hoping they can persuade him into renewing.

I am well aware that the last thing PSG lacks is money. However, to satisfy FFP, it does matter to them how much money they are bringing in from player sales, right? Because the more they bring in from selling players, the more they can spend bringing in new players, right? I think PSG might be tempted to sell if one year means a difference of say 150m euros.

Just my speculations, of course.

Home of Barca Fans