Kylian Mbappé

Total-Football

with the right money he would be a cule.. mascherano was also a real madrid fan per se.. ended up a barca worrior.. we should wager a war in case he wants to quit psg.. we fucked up big time.. the right moment was when he was at monaco. he would kill laliga with that style of play.

jairzinho

He's still gettable way before he hits his ceiling. It will be interesting to see how he evolves over the next 5 years.

JerseyAddict

with the right money he would be a cule.. mascherano was also a real madrid fan per se.. ended up a barca worrior.. we should wager a war in case he wants to quit psg.. we fucked up big time.. the right moment was when he was at monaco. he would kill laliga with that style of play.

Cou money and malcom money and some extras here and there... there you go. Mbappe from Monaco to Barça. But Barça went all in on Dembele. I am not saying Dembele won't turn out to be wonder boy but this injury chart he is hitting now compared to Mbappe's makes me wonder who made the right decision.

Joan

Exactly, i chose a good example because that incident happened during the good period of Solskjaer tenure. So this is a perfect example to show it did not create infighting or hurt the club.
You are really stretching to find a fault where there is not. It is like players arguing to get to shot a free kick. It happens, it has happened and it will happen again and that won't hurt anyone or anything. Tell me the big consequences you have noticed after such incidents and how that hurt their club please.
You took that one sentence out of context and now persist with it... I'll explain what I meant. And why ManUtd is a great example. If you've got egocentric, selfish players in your squad prioritizing their own stats over the team's dynamics, once the seed falls on fertile ground... it can (like it did with ManUtd) cause havoc. Not a thing to lose sleep over? Sure. But behavior I wouldn't want to see in Barca.

Newcomer

You still didn't get me one single example of club hurting because of that kind of incident.
And again, this very incident happened, not during Mourinho reign which was hectic, but during the Solskjaer reign where they are in honeymoon.
So yeah, you are really reaching.

Newcomer

I am well aware that the last thing PSG lacks is money. However, to satisfy FFP, it does matter to them how much money they are bringing in from player sales, right? Because the more they bring in from selling players, the more they can spend bringing in new players, right? I think PSG might be tempted to sell if one year means a difference of say 150m euros.

Just my speculations, of course.

FFP is an issue, of course. This is why i said that they will be not willing to sell unless they are truly fucked by FFP. In 2021, FFP shouldn't be an issue though since new contracts (sponsoring, kit, TV) are on the way. The real danger in FFP terms is this summer, so it will be interesting to follow.
PSG has to find something like 100-150 M this summer.
Then, i think PSG would act like Chelsea did with Hazard/Courtois if not forced to sell earlier : try to keep him as long as possible and get him to renew. If he doesn't, sell him in his last year of contract.

Regarding the cost of Mbappé, he is supposed to have been bought 145 M + 35 M. Those 35 M are immediately activated whenever he signs a new contract with PSG or sold. That is why it is the timing will be important for PSG. They don't want to pay that bonus yet since FFP is at their throat.

In regards of CAS arbitration, it just means PSG is in the clear for the previous 3 year period. They'll launch another investigation in the summer and they have more chance to sanction us at this time since it is the first year they'll actually take into account Mbappé and Neymar transfers.

Joan

Not a problem, maybe. He wasn't obliged to give it to Di Maria. Didn't deserve no card/ban/fine, but the same could be said about celebrating teammates' goals. Those petty acts make a team. If you care only about your tally, you'll be called a prick. Nothing wrong with that. Not to mention that it usually hurts the club...
That's what 'it' referred to. Not an instance of a player defying other's penalty plead. Bad blood within the squad. Current Inter being a fresh example.

Alik

Throwback to this post from a PSG fan in 2017, when Mbappé joined them.

we will see who will win more Champions League in the coming years. PSG or Real.

Real had amazing success thank to refrees help, luck and quality, also no capable of team of winning it in the last 4 years.Now they have PSG as rival.

Very young team core, endless money, best youth system in the world. so we have hope for the future.

krakdol

Throwback to this post from a PSG fan in 2017, when Mbappé joined them.

Ah ah that's why he's a fan.

To be fair though, only reason Petroclubs like City or PSG don't win until now is UEFA trying hard to save Real and Barcelona with FFP (and some strange referee decisions I must say, which could be random or not, but are coincidentally always going against petroclubs, like strange offsides every year or the strange penalty on Kimpembe this year). Were they free to spend, game would be over by now.

But when you think about it, FFP doesn't make much sense since you ask people who have money and no debt (petroclubs) to stop spending, while you allow historical clubs to be deeply indebted. Barcelona and Real were built with debt, so it's kinda ironic they ask newcomers not to spend too much. It didn't bother them before.

A better way would be a NBA like system with salary cap for everybody in a big european league including petroclubs and historical big clubs... With the same rules for everybody.

That would make more sense. FFP like it is now is mostly a system trying to stop newcomers (petroclubs) and help historical big clubs to stay on top, nothing more. If you allowed old clubs to be built with debt, then you should also allow newcomers to spend.

That's why every time someone attacks UEFA in court (PSG on TAS recently or Galatasaray before), they win, since UEFA decisions are not made to be fair, they're made to stop petroclubs from getting a bigger share of the pie.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Nothanks

only reason PSG and City haven't won it yet is because they choke hard
it wasn't the ref that got PSG 5-1'd
nor refs fault for pep choking every semi/quarter final since he left barca.

to win the CL you need the right mentally that money can't buy, the right foundation and a hint of luck

Messi983

I read that he was a Real Madrid fan even before Ronaldo joined them. Any truth to it?

From what his old room looked like, it is all Ronaldo.

DFprl2WXcAEyxr2.jpg

Zincubus's room probably looks the same, only with pictures of his beloved Raki instead of Cronaldo. :p

krakdol

only reason PSG and City haven't won it yet is because they choke hard
it wasn't the ref that got PSG 5-1'd
nor refs fault for pep choking every semi/quarter final since he left barca.

to win the CL you need the right mentally that money can't buy, the right foundation and a hint of luck

Ah ah you must be very naive or maybe just young. They have billions more money than Real or Barcelona, of course they would win if they could buy every player (without FFP). They could buy both Messi and Ronaldo ffs. Of course they would win with their infinite money. And them winning would make even more players coming there.

Infinite money ultimately wins you games, that's why FFP was invented and that's also why the wealthiest clubs are all on top and clubs like Dortmund or Ajax never reach the top anymore.

(Or you think Messi plays for free ?)

Last edited:

God Serena

Ah ah you must be very naive or maybe just young. They have billions more money than Real or Barcelona, of course they would win if they could buy every player (without FFP). They could buy both Messi and Ronaldo ffs. Of course they would win with their infinite money. And them winning would make even more players coming there.

Infinite money ultimately wins you games, that's why FFP was invented and that's also why the wealthiest clubs are all on top and clubs like Dortmund or Ajax never reach the top anymore.

(Or you think Messi plays for free ?)

They could buy Messi and Ronaldo even now... of either player wanted to actually play for such a shitty club that's only history is being bought out by oil money. This is exactly why they managed to land both Neymar and Mbappe in the same window, there are ways around FFP, if they can make players actually want to play for them.

Home of Barca Fans