Kylian Mbappé

Bulgroz

They are not making "him and his family" look like quite the greedy bunch. At the very worst they're making "him OR his family" look like that. True, some demands were high, but there's absolutely no information as to whether those said demands came directly from Mbappe or from his agent/family. I've talked to enough agents and lawyers (including ones working for/with PSG) to know that most of the time the players have absolutely no idea of what's going on during negotiations, or they don't care about it that much.

I remember talking to a lawyer about a player whose name he didn't want to say explicitly (but who, from the clues I gathered, appeared to be either Flamini or Nasri, probably Flamini) who was completely numb during a contract negociation (when he signed to Arsenal). There were talks about millions of euros in signing bonus and stuff like that, and the player seemed off, disconnected from everything. Eventually, his lawyer asked him what was wrong: did he want more money, some other kind of bonus, another team, a guaranteed starting spot... ? "It's not that", said the player. "I have a dog, but his breed's forbidden in the UK so I'll have to give him away. I don't know what to do".
I've got several other stories like that. The overall take of the lawyer who told me this one was this: "most players are actually pretty decent young kids. But a lot of them have a very toxic environment". Nothing very new I guess.

I'm not necessarily buying the whole "Mbappe loves football and couldn't care less about money". I'm just saying that we have no proof of him being a greedy cunt.

xavisionary

If Mbappe is still only 19 and one of the highest paid players in the world, will he retire as one of the wealthiest with the right financial advice? Would love to know what Messi/Ronaldo were being paid at that age.

FinBarcelonafan

If Mbappe is still only 19 and one of the highest paid players in the world, will he retire as one of the wealthiest with the right financial advice? Would love to know what Messi/Ronaldo were being paid at that age.

Yes, but then there will be the next generation who will be paid more and more..

BTW, even Ronaldinho is broke. Apparently he has 6€ in his bank account, so you never know what happens with finances. It's easy to be careless when making that much money.

Messigician

Documents from Football Leaks are making him and his family look like quite the greedy bunch. Quite contrary to the good kid who only wants to play football and doesn’t care about money if we were to believe previous statements from his lawyer.

Lmao I guess he moved to PSG for the history then lmao.

Zlatan literally told us that he didn't want to move to PSG so he told his agent to tell them an absolute insane wage demand so they'll back off and they actually agreed to pay him that much lmao

Jair Ventura

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So Jorge Mendes earned €9m on Kylian Mbappé’s transfer with backdated contracts. How he was involved in the deal was not clear. Real were ready to pay €214m, but the player chose PSG. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/footballleaks?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#footballleaks</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pl3zKPWtMD">https://t.co/Pl3zKPWtMD</a></p>— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) <a href="https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/1060075242654179328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Morten

In defense of Mbappe, it was probably also about game time, Perez and Zidane probably couldnt guarantee him a starting spot, while PSG could.
That turns out to be a mistake, seeing as Benzema and Bale looks unable to carry our attack these days.

Givenchy

Mbappe made a smart move. hes 19, good league for him to develop in, will earn shit tons of money and when he decides he wants a challenging league, Europes elite will be lining up to sign him

Morten

Mbappe made a smart move. hes 19, good league for him to develop in, will earn shit tons of money and when he decides he wants a challenging league, Europes elite will be lining up to sign him

One flaw with that thinking, he literally cant leave PSG, unlimited money and all that.

Givenchy

One flaw with that thinking, he literally cant leave PSG, unlimited money and all that.

i dont think PSG could do that to Mbappe. if he wanted to leave and turned down a new contract, imagine the reaction in France (hes their golden boy) if Nasser put him in reserves? Verratti is different, hes a pussy

Morten

i dont think PSG could do that to Mbappe. if he wanted to leave and turned down a new contract, imagine the reaction in France (hes their golden boy) if Nasser put him in reserves? Verratti is different, hes a pussy

I mean, he can leave after 4 years, but he is never going to, seeing as they will throw money at him to stay, if he says no, just throw some more, he will never leave.
Normal top clubs Will never be able to match QSG contracts and thats that.

Givenchy

I mean, he can leave after 4 years, but he is never going to, seeing as they will throw money at him to stay, if he says no, just throw some more, he will never leave.
Normal top clubs Will never be able to match QSG contracts and thats that.

I guess we'll see where his ambition is at in a few years; money or legacy. maybe some shit will bring down UEFA in the future and PSG get burned also

Home of Barca Fans