Kylian Mbappé

Devils

Another masterclass from the one and only.

68232.jpg

Yannik

his assist was pretty great, apart from that there was nothing at all. I think part of that is down to Tuchel pstarting him in the center instead of Icardi or Cavani.

Newcomer

his assist was pretty great, apart from that there was nothing at all. I think part of that is down to Tuchel pstarting him in the center instead of Icardi or Cavani.

This guy is not a 9 and will never be.?

How Tuchel doesn't know that after all this time is unbelievable.

Still no excuse for those lots. Him and Neymar flexing on the noobs and playing like shit when it matters.

Didn't want to leave the pitch in L1 to stat pad but we are waiting for him to stat pad in CL.

El Gato

Villarato!
Madrid are making a mistake banking their future on this bloke.

They're not?

It's a normal investment. Remember how doubtful it was how good Cristiano was going to be down the line given his diving tendencies, constant useless stepovers, arrogance, mood swings etc? That turned out alright. Mbappe doesn't have a BDO at 21, but he sure was France best or 2nd best player in Russia, which one would think is more important if you can do that so early in your career. If he lives up to half the hype, chips in towards trophies and plays for us for 8 years it'll be money well spent.

People gotta keep in mind he's not nearly as alpha as the other GOAT material players are. His strengths are very clear cut while his main real weaknesses are those of the mind and only come out at PSG. Give this kid to Zidane and it's honestly so likely it'll look 100% different.

khaled_a_d

but he sure was France best or 2nd best player in Russia, which one would think is more important if you can do that so early in your career. If he lives up to half the hype, chips in towards trophies and plays for us for 8 years it'll be money well spent.

Griezmann, Pogba,Varane and Kante were better than him IMO, ,may be Umtiti too. All were more consistent.
He benefited a lot from Deschamps system which played to his strength, and if it wasn't for Sampaoli level of stupidity to leave all that space for him he would have been one of France underwhelming players.
That being said, no one within his age range is even close to him (3 years older or younger) and that alone would make the idea of him in Madrid scary.
Messi & CR7 will leave a huge gape in football world anyway Mpabbe is the best thing you can have after them.

Last edited:

Tackle

They're not?

It's a normal investment. Remember how doubtful it was how good Cristiano was going to be down the line given his diving tendencies, constant useless stepovers, arrogance, mood swings etc? That turned out alright. Mbappe doesn't have a BDO at 21, but he sure was France best or 2nd best player in Russia, which one would think is more important if you can do that so early in your career. If he lives up to half the hype, chips in towards trophies and plays for us for 8 years it'll be money well spent.

People gotta keep in mind he's not nearly as alpha as the other GOAT material players are. His strengths are very clear cut while his main real weaknesses are those of the mind and only come out at PSG. Give this kid to Zidane and it's honestly so likely it'll look 100% different.

Depends on how much you pay for him really. 250-300m and you likely won't see that level of return on investment. 190m-230m is likely more realistic and can be considered a solid fee if he produces at the level of a world class striker for a decade. I don't like the Cristiano comparisons regardless of how good a talent is. Could Mbappe undergo such a steep development track upon is arrival at Madrid? Anything is possible, but don't bet on it.

I disagree his main weaknesses are mental. That along with his physical attributes are the main reasons he became so impactful at such a young age. I cannot help but notice many technical deficiencies when I watch him. That is his main limitation for me.

Let's see what happens.

El Gato

Villarato!
Depends on how much you pay for him really. 250-300m and you likely won't see that level of return on investment. 190m-230m is likely more realistic and can be considered a solid fee if he produces at the level of a world class striker for a decade. I don't like the Cristiano comparisons regardless of how good a talent is. Could Mbappe undergo such a steep development track upon is arrival at Madrid? Anything is possible, but don't bet on it.

8 years of 20-30 goals + 10-20 assists a season (assuming he won't start getting crocked with time) is a good return.

I disagree his main weaknesses are mental. That along with his physical attributes are the main reasons he became so impactful at such a young age. I cannot help but notice many technical deficiencies when I watch him. That is his main limitation for me.

'Technical deficiencies' whatever they may be - poor touch, choice of passes, weight of passes, shot quality etc and curbed progress in ironing them out is a fundamentally mental thing. Stress, poor guidance, limited chemistry. It's mental.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans