Kylian Mbappé

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The second coming of Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima

DWKszn.gif

Monaco is gonan try to keep him one more year.

It will be a +80 M€ deal.

Looks like Monaco don't want to sell to you, but PSG ready to pay the price according to Le Parisien.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

The second coming of Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima

Neither his general technical ability, ball control, composure or dribbling intelligence reaches nowhere near those heights of talent. He's fast as fuck with the ball, but I believe his aspiration to emulate the other Ronaldo on the ball will moderate his development of these areas.

But I don't know, for many players focusing on one dimension of their ability will make actually them worth more on the field than if they try massaging themselves into a rounder shape (Who would you rather have of Bojan and Tello?, probably still Bojan but taking into account the massive difference in raw talent, it's a remarkably difficult decision for me). Of course it puts a restraint on their maximum level, but the question is if Mbappe even has what it takes to be a rounded player in the first place.

Either way he's probably going to be a very dangerous guy in any attack.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Benzema speaking about Mbappe in his interview with RMC.

I've been told he is a phenomenon, a very good player. Honestly, I still haven't seen him. He's a young player. Football is really hard, especially at big clubs. I arrived at Madrid at 21. I had already done a lot of things at Lyon, but when I got here I got a slap in the face.

My first year was too difficult. You're far from your family, it's not the same. Those who are next to you are there to take your place. It's very difficult. But from what people have said, he's a very good player, and I hope he'll have a great career, little by little.

I think you mustn't leave too soon. Things go well, but the day when it goes less well, that's the problem. He's 18, how do you handle it when it doesn't go as well, when people don't speak as well about you, when you're put under pressure?

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3088629...st-not-rush-into-big-money-move-karim-benzema

Xavinho

"Oh and he should make sure he doesn't sign for a club that wears white because if you get grass stains on your shorts they never wash out, and did I mention there isn't a single good French restaurant in Madrid, and...uh...he should probably just stay where he is until he's about 27".

Barcilliant

The football world has gone mad. Nowadays clubs will pay big money ASAP when they see any potential.

Look at Martial. It would have been better if he stayed at Monaco. He's been hot and cold for Utd this season.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The hype is immense... And while the kid surely has talent, all the big clubs willing to splash absurd money are just crazy if they think he's a sure bet... Rumors about 100+ million for a kid who's played a handful of games in top level football is just insane...

Marketing has completely taken over football, at least a few years back guys like Zidane, Cristina or Kaká had the credentials to justify their price tag, but now guys Bale, Pogba and Higuaín are some of the biggest transfers ever for no apparent reason...

slicknick

Kylian Mbappe set for full France debut against Spain before Monaco play PSG in French League Cup final - he can already achieve so much before the season ends and he decides future

Kylian Mbappe has scored 17 times in 29 matches for Monaco this season
He has 11 in his last nine, earning a call-up to the France squad in the process
Mbappe has been linked with a big money move when the season is over

Diego Costa has gushed over a 'killer' goalscoring instinct, while Thierry Henry says has marvelled at an 'Ooh la la' style of play. Sergio Ramos wants him at Real Madrid. These are just three of the latest notable names to pay tribute to the irrepressible young Monaco striker, Kylian Mbappe.

The 18-year-old has outlined his potential as football's next global star with 17 goals in 29 games for an increasingly impressive Monaco side this season, including 11 in his last nine.

He is now set for his full international debut for France when they play Spain in a friendly at the Stade de France on Tuesday.

Didier Deschamps handed Mbappe a taster of international football on Saturday, bringing him on in the 78th minute for Dimitri Payet in France's 3-1 win over Luxembourg in World Cup qualifying.

And while the opponents were unlikely to have had much to trouble Mbappe, the stage itself may have frayed his nerves.

But there was no sign of that at all. Instead, that killer instinct that wowed Costa, an opponent on Wednesday, nearly served Mbappe with his first international goal.

A stinging half volley was beaten away well by Luxembourg goalkeeper Ralph Schon.

As well as conquering Ligue 1 this campaign, Mbappe outlined his potential as one of Europe's most prodigious talents on the elite club stage with two outstanding displays against Manchester City in the Champions League.

He scored once in each leg as Monaco advanced into the last eight on away goals, with the aggregate score ending 6-6.

In the first tie, Mbappe frequently muddled City's defence by floating across Monaco's front line. His blistering pace, neat close control and direct, tireless running kept putting City on the ropes in the first half and contributed to a gripping end-to-end encounter - one of the most entertaining Champions League ties in recent seasons.

His goal, in the 40th minute of that match, also demonstrated how strong he is for 18, shrugging off Nicolas Otamendi to latch onto a long free-kick and smash Monaco into a 2-1 lead with a first-time strike.

Yes, they eventually lost 5-3 that night but Mbappe helped overturn that deficit with another ruthless finish six minutes into the second leg.

Tuesday's friendly is another step up the ladder for the seemingly unstoppable teenager, who is destined to be targeted by Europe's biggest teams in the summer.

Manchester United have been strongly linked with a move and have raided Monte Carlo before for Monaco's emerging talents when they signed Anthony Martial in 2015.

Mbappe's team-mate, Fabinho, believes he will eventually depart.

'We know that sooner or later he'll go to a club like Real Madrid, Barcelona or another club of that calibre,' he told Chuteira FC.

'But until then, we're going to enjoy him at Monaco.'

Until the end of the season, at the very least, it seems there won't be much to stop Mbappe enjoying his football.

A tricky but certainly winnable Champions League quarter-final against Borussia Dortmund lies in wait in April. Monaco also lead the Ligue 1 standings by three points, with Paris Saint-Germain in second.

They are also in the quarter-final of the French Cup, where they will face Lille next month while Mbappe will return from international duty to prepare for the French League Cup final on Saturday against PSG.

Leonardo Jardim's side have already scored an astonishing 87 times in 30 league matches this season.

Evidently, there is a setup at Monaco which allows Mbappe and his fellow attackers to thrive. With so many goals in the team Monaco, the task of trying to stifle them is an unenviable one.

While City highlighted some defensive flaws in the Champions League, French sides have found those harder to expose. Monaco have only conceded 26 in Ligue 1 so far.

Most of the talk surrounding Mbappe is inevitably based upon what he will go on and achieve but he could very possibly be deciding his future in the summer with a medal or two already in the bag.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4356214/How-Kylian-Mbappe-achieve-season-ends.html

Home of Barca Fans